YesNoOk

Gordeau v1.07 (Read 50987 times)

Started by OHMSBY, October 31, 2018, 09:08:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gordeau v1.021
#41  November 09, 2018, 05:56:36 pm
  • I must continue my training...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#42  November 09, 2018, 06:06:01 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
#43  November 09, 2018, 07:13:27 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
I wanted to make EX Assimilation actually worth the meter by repurposing it into a combo extender. But, that clearly backfired a bit, since he ends up gaining meter faster than he loses it. In any case, I'll have this fixed up.

I suggest implementing meter cooldown. Since this is an EX special, Gordeau must stop gaining any meter for 2 seconds in addition to reduced meter gain until he drops the combo involving this special.
Re: Gordeau v1.03
#44  November 09, 2018, 09:08:47 pm
    • USA
Gordeau has been updated. Go ahead and redownload him.

- Increased the cooldown time on EX assimilation
- If EX assimilation is used again in the same combo, the opponent will fall to the floor instead of staggering, ending the combo
- The opponent can now recover from grim reaper sooner
- Made some more adjustments to jA and JB, making air combos easier to pull off
#45  November 10, 2018, 08:43:00 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
still waiting for the JP voices. anyone already working on JP voices yet?
#46  November 11, 2018, 01:31:14 am
  • God Slayer
  • The path of resistance.
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius

Putting him into practice might have revealed a few... things.
#47  November 11, 2018, 02:58:58 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Re: Gordeau v1.035
#48  November 12, 2018, 08:14:48 pm
    • USA
Gordeau has been updated with a few balance changes. Go ahead and redownload him.

- Adjusted the launch trajectory on aerial aim, also the opponent can now recover from it sooner
- Adjusted the launch trajectory on 66B when used a second time in the same combo
- Made some slight adjustments to jA
#49  November 16, 2018, 05:03:40 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
And here's the JP Voice Patch, because Toriumi Kosuke is awesome too.
Also, updated Ragna (his air grab still had a english clip) and Ruby (Her special intro with Ragna)
#50  November 16, 2018, 05:08:02 am
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
about time we had the Japaneses Voice. and thank's for the new Ragna JP voice and new ruby special intro with Ragna!
#51  November 16, 2018, 09:45:23 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since Mister Fael Chan also updated Ragna's and Ruby's JPN voice packs, can you also take a look at these minor aesthetics whenever you update them?:

Ragna:
-The special hitspark is missing when the last hit of the A command normals is blocked (All of his other moves have the hitspark when blocked, just not this one for some reason).
-Belial Edge doesn't have ground fx (It was removed when you fixed the landing bug with the move, although I did say it looked better without it. It's up to you if you want to change that or not).

Ruby:
-Buzzsaw Blast could use ground fx when Crescent Rose hits the ground (Since you decided to leave the ground fx on your other characters such as Mai, thought you might want to add them in for the sake of consistency).
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: Gordeau v1.04
#52  January 24, 2019, 12:22:25 am
    • USA
Gordeau has gotten an update. go ahead and redownload him.

- Added Special intro with Wagner
- Adjusted Gordeau's hurtbox during 5B
- Reduced the speed the opponent moves back while staggering after EX assimilation
- Gordeau no longer has invul frames during the A version of Precise Aim/Aim Opening
- Fixed the Truncation during Turbulence
- Fixed a bug where Gordeau could potentially chain into his normal grab with precise timing
- Made some adjustments to the burst
- Gordeau now makes use of Nep Heart's Burst code, which means that he can now burst during custom states, but not while being thrown or being hit with a Super/Distortion Drive
- New slash sound effects (from Guilty Gear Xrd)
- Included Mister Fael's Japanese voice, which has also been updated
#53  January 24, 2019, 02:25:47 am
    • Aruba
Gordeau has gotten an update. go ahead and redownload him.

- Added Special intro with Wagner
- Adjusted Gordeau's hurtbox during 5B
- Reduced the speed the opponent moves back while staggering after EX assimilation
- Gordeau no longer has invul frames during the A version of Precise Aim/Aim Opening
- Fixed the Truncation during Turbulence
- Fixed a bug where Gordeau could potentially chain into his normal grab with precise timing
- Made some adjustments to the burst
- Gordeau now makes use of Nep Heart's Burst code, which means that he can now burst during custom states, but not while being thrown or being hit with a Super/Distortion Drive
- Included Mister Fael's Japanese voice, which has also been updated

Gordeau got nerf XD
#54  January 24, 2019, 02:42:32 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I see that more as putting Gordeau in line with the rest of his stuff, although the burst is a technical buff because it actually works when needed now and fighting MvC characters was kind of a nightmare with Gordeau prior.
#55  January 24, 2019, 03:03:48 am
    • Aruba
I agree nep heart, the burst mechanic was very annoying due to the fact he can break free while getting grab or super. also it was struggle with mvc characters. :p
#56  January 24, 2019, 03:12:18 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
I agree nep heart, the burst mechanic was very annoying due to the fact he can break free while getting grab or super. also it was struggle with mvc characters. :p

He couldn't break during grabbed (custom states) in any versions before.
#57  January 26, 2019, 12:21:52 pm
    • USA
After testing, I have some small issues I have with two of the things on this new update:

By having the speed reduced, the EX assimilation can be easily abused again. Although the bug was fixed earlier when doing EX assimilation twice in the same combo will end, you can simply wait until the opponent is no longer stunned, then do it again as it's unblockable and close enough to him. Rinse and repeat until Gordeau has no meter left. The opponent doesn't have enough time to move back and will easily get caught by the EX assimilation again. The old update pushes the opponent back enough so that doesn't happen.

In my opinion, I don't really like the new slash sound effects. It's too loud and causes sounds such as the last hit of his Precise Aim to not play correctly when hitting certain characters. I liked it better when you kept your hit sounds consistent.

I hope you take a 2nd look at these.
Re: Gordeau v1.041
#58  January 27, 2019, 12:34:39 am
    • USA
Gordeau has gotten a quick update that addresses the abusability (I think thats a word) of EX Assimilation, as pointed out by SolidZone. Go ahead and redownload him.

- If Gordeau uses EX Assimilation again before a certain amount of time after the opponent has recovered from the first use, it will result in the opponent falling to the floor
- Fixed an error where EX Assimilation can grab aerial opponents that are in guard stun

In my opinion, I don't really like the new slash sound effects.

I figured since the other hitsounds are from guilty gear, that I might as well use the slash sounds from guilty gear as well. At first, I wasn't too sure about them myself, but they eventually grew on me.
#59  January 27, 2019, 12:56:48 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Personally, I prefer Guilty Gear slash sound over what was previously being used. It also helps that your stuff already use Guilty Gear aesthetics pretty heavily, so, all it does it add more consistency imo.
#60  January 27, 2019, 02:22:29 pm
    • USA
I figured since the other hitsounds are from guilty gear, that I might as well use the slash sounds from guilty gear as well. At first, I wasn't too sure about them myself, but they eventually grew on me.
It's not that I think they're bad. The reason why I don't like them is that the hit sounds don't play correctly on certain times. If you try doing Precise Aim repetitively, there will be some moments that the last hit of the hitspark when Gordeau slams Devourer on the ground doesn't play at all. I realized it's actually not certain characters being hit by the Precise Aim, but the new slash sound effects themselves. I'm not sure if the new sounds are either too loud or too long that's causing the cut off. The old sounds never did that.