YesNoOk

Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note) (Read 244539 times)

Started by yaret, June 11, 2018, 05:19:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note)
#61  October 23, 2018, 01:25:11 pm
It's Golden Cell, the red marks on his head are because his helmet was ripped off.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#62  October 25, 2018, 06:06:41 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Kenshiro confirmed, along with Ryo Saeba from City Hunter.

#63  October 25, 2018, 07:23:47 pm
ryo looks amazing , i always liked his design.
#64  October 25, 2018, 07:51:36 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#65  October 25, 2018, 10:09:03 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Jump is Jump is Jump I guess

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#66  October 25, 2018, 10:18:31 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#67  October 27, 2018, 01:36:54 pm
#68  November 18, 2018, 04:10:17 pm
#69  November 18, 2018, 06:57:28 pm
    • USA
Well, it's good to see that Rurouni Kenshin isn't being swept under the rug after Watsuki got busted.

It's really weird to me that they've now got five Dragon Ball characters, five One Piece characters, four from Hunter x Hunter, and a bunch of classic series from the 80s and 90s with playable characters, and yet nothing from any of their current hits.  I would have thought for sure that My Hero Academia or Black Clover would be the ones they'd want to get out there first to promote the game.
#70  November 18, 2018, 07:08:38 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Probably a bit of a backpedaling after J-Stars went a little overboard with characters that unless you diligently followed Jump were not at all familiar with.  Except Ryo, I'd presume everyone on here now is at least recognizable in the West, and even then City Hunter was apparently big in parts of Europe.  They are trying to push the game's story being tied to the real world, and getting characters that you'd actually know would help in that aspect.

That said, Jojo characters still being a no-show is truly odd.  I'm indifferent to the series, but you're not physically allowed to be online these days and not know something about it because its all over the place.  All the more so that they have the character templates from J-Stars for a handful of them already, just port and update and add the meme characters with Jotaro and Dio and you'll have everyone's attention.
#71  November 18, 2018, 07:32:32 pm
    • USA
I mean, you're right that they don't need to overload it with fresh faces from brand new, current series.  But MHA has been selling like gangbusters worldwide; at the very least anybody who's interested in this game will be familiar with that series.  You'd think that Midoriya and Bakugo would've shown up by now.
#72  November 18, 2018, 07:40:32 pm
    • USA
Yeah, that'd I'd agree on.  Still haven't caught much of My Hero Academia myself, just the first three episodes.  Wrote it off as the new Naruto made in response to the MCU doing so well so copying the superhero genre on top of it, but evidently it grew into something better.  It sure did something right if it had its own brawler game coming out too.  Maybe they want to put some distance between that game's release and this though, save it for DLC?

I dread to imagine what All Might would look like in this game's art design though, given what we got with Toguro.
#73  November 18, 2018, 08:24:29 pm
    • USA
Haven't gotten around to the MHA anime yet, though I keep meaning to.  The manga is genuinely great, though.  I can see where the comparisons to Naruto come in, but the biggest difference is that the main characters are actually well written and interesting and not stupid and terrible all the time.

:EDIT:  At the risk of running off topic I realize I should probably qualify that because it sounds bad the way I said it.  I did enjoy Naruto the series as a whole, I just can't stand Naruto the character.
Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 09:54:31 pm by Person Man

lui

#74  November 18, 2018, 10:03:32 pm
    • USA
Naruto as a character got much better by the midpoint of the war after he stopped pain thankfully.

Amazing thing about MHA is that there's literally imo no terrible characters. Hell even the side characters and the villains are entertaining and I love seeing every bit of em
#75  November 18, 2018, 11:17:47 pm
    • USA
The way I always figured, you could fix every problem Naruto had by getting rid of the main characters.  Just throw out Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura entirely, make Kakashi the main character, and let the story unfold the same way.  Naruto minus Naruto.
#76  November 18, 2018, 11:30:45 pm
    • USA
Doesn't one of the MHA characters have comically oversized grenades for hands?  I mean, design logistics doesn't really top the list of necessities for superheroes, it's their character and story that makes them memorable and their morals and lessons as to why they stick, outfits are just the base attraction, but some of the character designs you have to admit are just stupid.  I mean, there's a guy who has disembodies hands holding him back.

I mean, I like stupid, Spawn's stupid, but come on.

Also I guess I'm also contributing to this off-topicness so yeah, Kenshin and Shishio looks great in this game.  This is what I mean on the game's texture work, some characters just transition into it so much better than others.  Ichigo, Kenshiro, Kenshin here, they take the realistic approach much better than those with their own more uniquely stylized hair and eyes.
Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:25:28 am by Long John Killer
#77  November 19, 2018, 02:25:07 am
    • USA
Not his hands, they're wrist gauntlets.  That guy's a tryhard wannabe badass who generates explosions so he designed his hero costume with a grenade motif.  IIRC, it's not treated as being a good design in-universe, either. Everyone else thinks it makes him look like a dumb edgelord.

Back on topic, the amount of characters each of the big series is getting makes me wonder about when Gintama inevitably shows up.  Maybe this will finally be the crossover game that lets Shinpachi be playable instead of just making jokes about his glasses.

lui

#78  November 19, 2018, 04:24:49 am
    • USA
Im literally only buying this game to beat up chumps as Yugi and Ryo Saeba
#79  November 19, 2018, 01:01:00 pm
me too ryo saeba and hisoka. if they add joleyn i'm satisfied.
#80  November 19, 2018, 06:11:10 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty