YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 745730 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1241  December 08, 2018, 09:31:29 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I know I was late but...

JOKER CONFIRMED IN SMASH?!?!

Now if ONLY Persona 5 will be on Nintendo Switch as well...
This is fate.
#1242  December 08, 2018, 09:35:30 pm
#1243  December 08, 2018, 11:18:06 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
And that's why Mii Fighters are a thing
#1244  December 09, 2018, 12:27:17 am
    • Brazil
I would love if Sonic got a second character that is a fancharcter. Dunno about you guys. I would even be down with a Classic Sonic echo.

He is the biggest third party in Smash. Come on Sakurai. Not even an Avatar...?
Well, what about Eggman himself? I'd hate for the opportunity to have him fighting Bowser wasted.
#1245  December 09, 2018, 12:27:38 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Ouch, a guy can dream can he? Either way, the possibilities have been expanded now so there's that.
#1246  December 09, 2018, 02:38:18 am
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
I have a question: for people who have the game already, is it alright to talk about their own gameplay-related stuff here, or does it belong in another thread?

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#1247  December 09, 2018, 05:05:16 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Does anyone feel that the AI in Challenger Fights are extremely hard af? I was trying to unlock Luigi and he just goes hardcore and Roy made the experience even worse. And DO NOT tell me "git gud" because I don't play Smash for the challenge. I just want to unlock everyone and enjoy the game the way I like to enjoy Smash games. At this point if the Fighter battles in World of Light will have that type of AI, there's a possibility I may never get the entire roster unlocked. I'm not planning on getting an anxiety attack and god forbid not wake up the next morning.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1248  December 09, 2018, 05:08:26 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Does anyone feel that the AI in Challenger Fights are extremely hard af? I was trying to unlock Luigi and he just goes hardcore and Roy made the experience even worse. And DO NOT tell me "git gud" because I don't play Smash for the challenge. I just want to unlock everyone and enjoy the game the way I like to enjoy Smash games. At this point if the Fighter battles in World of Light will have that type of AI, there's a possibility I may never get the entire roster unlocked. I'm not planning on getting an anxiety attack and god forbid not wake up the next morning.

yeah i mainly use ganondorf to get most of the remaining fighters
#1249  December 09, 2018, 05:19:25 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh, I was assuming I just really sucked at the game. Nice to see others failing on challenges quite a bit!
#1250  December 09, 2018, 05:51:27 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Gods, the level of effort put into making sure every single game and every single character is represented as accurately as possible is incredible. It feels like every other minute I'm spotting some new detail or easter egg that they didn't need to put in the time to make but they did anyway.  You can really tell that Sakurai and his team put a boatload of work into a lot of stuff that they didn't really have to.  This game feels like it was made with love.
#1251  December 09, 2018, 07:17:30 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Finished unlocking everyone tonight, which was not easy... the AI for some of these guys were a real pain in the ass, as many here have said.
on my first attempt to unlock bowser jr (of all characters) was extremely demoralizing, it felt like I was fighting a god, he just didn't miss... not even once.
You can't begin to understand how small you feel when you are powerless to stop the onslaught of that little bastard.
Roy was tough too.

-The controls are comfortable and responsive, tilt attacks are way easier to perform then I have ever experienced with previous titles.
-Overall happy with the roster, would like to have Geno but not holding my breath. simon/richter and Incineroar are really fun characters.
-Would have preferred to have Hector from fire emblem instead of 15 more sword users.
-World of light campaign is actually way more fun then I had thought it would be and the spirits are not as convoluted as I thought they would be ether.
-character balance feels good, especially considering the size of the roster.
-classic is good, still would have liked to have seen break the target or board the platforms for nostalgia, not really a complaint though.

I have to say, this is the most fun I have ever had with any smash game and find myself drawn to play, which is a feeling I haven't had in a very long time.
I enjoyed most of the new playable cast but still have not tested everyone yet.

Its the first time in forever that I feel like they got Ganondorf right, his gameplay and aesthetics are amazing, I have a blast every time I play him and don't feel like I'm on full tilt compared to the former two titles.
#1252  December 09, 2018, 10:28:08 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
They went full blast with the AI this time around.  They are scary as hell to fight since they know how to utilize their character's strengths and play much more aggressively.  I love it.
#1253  December 09, 2018, 10:35:49 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
how do you perform Snake's codec calls?
#1254  December 09, 2018, 12:41:39 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Does anyone feel that the AI in Challenger Fights are extremely hard af? I was trying to unlock Luigi and he just goes hardcore and Roy made the experience even worse. And DO NOT tell me "git gud" because I don't play Smash for the challenge.
git gud
The AI does seem like a step up from previous games. Doesn't help that Rematch mode is on a timed unlock. That said, the AI never felt impossible to me and my friends and we managed to get any we missed on the rematch.

lui

#1255  December 09, 2018, 12:55:27 pm
    • USA

apparently according to my friend the ai gets tougher and tougher as you unlock more characters so the real thing to do is to practice
#1256  December 09, 2018, 02:44:37 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ

apparently according to my friend the ai gets tougher and tougher as you unlock more characters so the real thing to do is to practice
I also heard that there's a bug in Falco's Challenger Approach AI that makes him almost impossible to beat unless you use a hard counter against him.
Though I sadly can't prove that yet, because...well...I won't be able to get the game until December 24th...
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns

lui

#1257  December 09, 2018, 02:50:57 pm
    • USA
doubt that, the same guy who told me about the ai beat falco first try without doing a hard counter.

the unlock rotation is random so it really just depends on how many characcters you unlock it seems
#1258  December 09, 2018, 03:20:58 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It’s being my main complaint about the game. I have no idea when I’ll get to play as the chars I bought the game for.
#1259  December 09, 2018, 03:56:26 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Does anyone feel that the AI in Challenger Fights are extremely hard af? I was trying to unlock Luigi and he just goes hardcore and Roy made the experience even worse. And DO NOT tell me "git gud" because I don't play Smash for the challenge.
git gud
The AI does seem like a step up from previous games. Doesn't help that Rematch mode is on a timed unlock. That said, the AI never felt impossible to me and my friends and we managed to get any we missed on the rematch.

I felt the rematch was much easier compared to the first encounters for some of them.
#1260  December 09, 2018, 05:11:46 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
How are you guys getting a rematch? When I lose I don’t see them again