YesNoOk

Poll Thread - Current Poll: Should Layla (Dark Nation) be a playable character? (Read 15263 times)

Started by Sean Altly, December 11, 2018, 04:06:11 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Should Layla be a standalone playable character (meaning Cyril would be an individual as well), or should Dark Nation remain a single character?

Yes, Layla should be a standalone character
18 (72%)
No, Layla should remain an assist character
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: December 25, 2018, 04:06:10 am

Poll Thread - Current Poll: Should Layla (Dark Nation) be a playable character?
#1  December 11, 2018, 04:06:11 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
As you guys know, right now the character Dark Nation is actually three characters: Cyril, the main playable character, Layla, an assist character who shows up in Cyril's intro/win poses and certain special moves, and Anubis, a highly intelligent dog with the ability of telepathy and matter teleportation who assists from the sidelines.

Lately I've been considering making Layla a standalone playable character, which would of course make Cyril his own character, and Anubis would be present for both characters during a fight. I'm also editing my Mr. X sprites into a new sub-boss, another member of Dark Nation called Monilith.

Before I get too far into development, I thought I'd get your guy's opinion on it. Would splitting them all up mess  with Dark Nation's uniqueness or would it be cool to see them as separate characters? Thus the poll.

Download Last Bout now!

lui

Re: Poll Thread - Current Poll: Should Layla (Dark Nation) be a playable character?
#2  December 11, 2018, 05:06:21 am
    • USA
i'd probably stick with them being one character tbh

Re: Poll Thread - Current Poll: Should Layla (Dark Nation) be a playable character?
#3  December 11, 2018, 09:51:16 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i think if you can devote the time to it, having three dark nation characters would be cool.
#4  December 12, 2018, 05:08:02 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
To explain further, if I were to make Layla into her own character, it wouldn't be her alone so much as still playing as "Dark Nation" but Layla is the main character you're in control of instead of Cyril She'd have unique normals, specials, and supers, with an assist special from Cyril and the same DM, so it's not splitting them up so much as it's choosing the lead.

Download Last Bout now!
#5  December 12, 2018, 07:12:02 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I think it would be cool to separate them.  And even more badass if you could cycle
tru them when playing as the dark nation character. 
#6  December 12, 2018, 07:37:03 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
That sounds awesome, it would be like a groove select. Could make them be more rushdown instead of being defensive, with the big guy doing shield work.
#7  December 12, 2018, 08:11:19 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
I think it would be cool to separate them.  And even more badass if you could cycle
tru them when playing as the dark nation character. 

That would be cool, but wouldn't the problem with that be custom states?
#8  December 12, 2018, 10:50:01 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Kamekaze says he could code it within the full game to be one of those "hold start and select the character" type things. For regular Mugen I would just release a separate version where you control Layla while Cyril and Anubis assist her in the fight.

Download Last Bout now!
#9  December 13, 2018, 05:32:10 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
But there was a Ryu & Ken char in one.
I got it on the PC you can switch them on the fly
Making a 3 in 1 could work.

#10  December 13, 2018, 09:26:46 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Throw Ryu or Ken with one of your chars and they will change. The thrown sprites will either always be Ryu or Ken. Depending on which they used in the required.

If that’s not the case share the char so we can take a look
#11  December 13, 2018, 10:54:53 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
All for more original characters being created.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#12  December 14, 2018, 05:44:05 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Throw Ryu or Ken with one of your chars and they will change. The thrown sprites will either always be Ryu or Ken. Depending on which they used in the required.

If that’s not the case share the char so we can take a look

I'll look for it when I get home, I found it here its a Ken and ryu
2 in 1 tag style char.
#13  December 15, 2018, 04:38:54 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Thinking about it more, Layla could take the spot of an "EX Dark Nation".
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#14  December 20, 2018, 01:00:26 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
outside of mugen you'd have to have every single character ever made look at the other sprites for gethits so it would be a seperate character. but in the full game I have the luxary of telling people to redirect and I've already done it before so I dont even need to write new code
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.