YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 486414 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018): Psylocke
#161  November 04, 2018, 02:08:16 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Glad you're enjoying her. Thanks for the support.

Man.... Goddamn I didn't realize Psylocke had so many pals! Had to update all of them when adding the Shock sprites to her SFF. At any rate, Psylocke has been updated. Next will be Robert.
#162  November 04, 2018, 03:40:11 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I'm excited for your Robert ^..^ I'm not too knowing of the game he's from (Art of Fighting, right?) but he's certainly fun.  Snatching up Psylocke now ^..^
#163  November 04, 2018, 04:58:12 am
#164  November 04, 2018, 05:06:37 am
  • Idea!
    • USA

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018): Roberto
#165  November 16, 2018, 09:15:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Robert has been updated. Next up is Rock.

On the subject of Rock, I more than likely will change EX Hard Edge and EX Rage Run properties based on his KoF14 functionality. That means EX Hard Edge will now wall bounce p2, losing it's current multi hit property. While EX Rage Run will now ground bounce p2, losing it's current ability to resist normal/special projectiles.

I may also change the command input for (EX)Shinku Nage to F > HCF + any punch. As this may be easier overall to everyone, instead of a "mock" 360 input.
Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:20:16 pm by DW
#166  November 17, 2018, 02:57:17 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Sounds good to me, didn't even know Rock's EX Rage Run had projectile invincibility. As far as changing the moves to resemble how they work in XIV, will the same go for MAX Shine Knuckle and Neo Deadly Rave, or are you currently undecided on that front?

DW

#167  November 17, 2018, 05:34:30 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Well, I can double check, but Max Shine Knuckle in KoF14 just looks different from pass iterations. It's functionality is the same. So, there's really no need(It'd also require edits to look like the Kof14 version). NDR is different though. They made it an auto combo in KoF14... :-\ I assume that was due to giving it a cinematic look akin to SF4-5 Ultras/Supers. Tbh, I don't like that, because it takes away cancel options from NDR.

If I made it like KoF14, you'd no longer be able to do things like: NDR > Cancel Final Burst > close HK > F + HK > Hard Edge > Lv1 Raising Storm; just for an example. NDR would finish no matter what, because you'd have no control over it. Opting out of the Final Burst of NDR, if you have the meter, is more beneficial to you.

So nah. Shine Knuckle and NDR are fine as is. I honestly don't even need to change EX Hard Edge/Rage Run, but, I do like how they extend combos in KoF14. So I caved in and want those combo extensions for my Rock as well. :P
Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:39:07 am by DW
#168  November 17, 2018, 06:02:56 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
That is true and fair, I never considered the cancel options. Yeah, it would be better to go without it auto-comboing, but maybe have it sort of "bound" the opponent to Rock after the first hit, since the multi-hit EX Hard Edge is going away?

DW

#169  November 17, 2018, 06:29:42 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I considered that. The first hit of EX Hard Edge will still be able to super cancel from. Same as with heavy Hard Edge. So performing EX Hard Edge > NDR will still be possible, albeit a bit tighter now, as you won't have the extra hits for hit confirming easier. Making p2 reset to the ground for the initial hit of NDR is easy enough.... But I can't help but feel this may be too much of a buff for it...?

IDK... I may, though I can already envision in my head, that I'd really be able to go crazy with that. Still, if you got the meter and spend it all right, I'm a firm believer that you should be rewarded for such. We'll see. I'll mess around with it for a bit and see just how good it is.

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018-19): Baby Geese
#170  December 14, 2018, 09:41:33 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Rock has been updated.

With that, I take my leave for the year. I'll finish the rest of the updates next year. I wanted to extend Sagat's CS. Adding his legs and feet, which will be easy enough. May extend Yuka's CS as well to do the same. Though I'm not 100% how extensive her CS is, so, I'll have to look that over. At any rate, I'm not doing anything else until next year. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone. Stay safe and have fun. See ya next year.
#171  December 15, 2018, 01:34:53 am
Thanks for the updates and Happy Holidays to you to DW.

Now on Rock
With the buffer system I have 0 issues.

I really like the bounce on (DB two kicks)
As for the new EX elbow I dunno what to think about it yet, you chain it into a rising storm and whatnot but I dunno it looks weird(the two hits themselves) I find the old one did the same thing but way more reliable. I guess  you can chain it into rocks command grab but eh. It also causes some weird bounces with Rock's double Reppuken ( or how the hell its spelled sry bad with names) DOUBLE EXTREME PUNCH.

Canceling a Rising storm to the level 2 on the kicks ( DB DB Two kicks) leads to some weird bounces.
If there's more stuff that  the EX elbow allows and its just me being a nub I wold love to see it.

I played a couple of arcade runs and I used the new EX elbow once or twice to hit someone with a Rising storm but thats it.
For some reason I feel it also nerfs Rock's pressure tactic be it corner or anywhere.

EDIT

you see when guile goes for the standing MK how he gets punished with the new elbow its gonna throw him right out the corner all that work and bar spent goes out the window.

https://i.imgur.com/p5G3s56.gifv
Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:58:48 am by PeXXeR

DW

#172  December 16, 2018, 04:45:09 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yeah, the way it was before was better for pressure, especially in the corner. Though I wanted him to be more akin to his KOF14 version. You can follow it up with Rising Tackle for meter-less combos. If you have meter, you can even go into Raising Storm from Rising Tackle with proper timing. It's easier to time with MAX Raising Storm due to the delay ability. TBH I haven't tested everything he can follow up with from EX Hard Edge, but I'll get around to it and give more advice.

It's best if you don't use it for corner pressure now. You'd be better off just using HP Hard Edge, which still serves the same purpose. EX Hard Edge was never safe/plus on block, so that's more of a mental thing on your part. :P Even before, if it got blocked, you were more than likely gonna get punished. Max cancelling from Lv1 Raising Storm isn't a perfect setup to just throw out. Especially going into Max Shine Knuckle. You just gotta experiment with it and see what set ups you can get from it. You can get it to combo well in the corner with p2 at a specific height range while getting hit from lv1 Raising Storm. Try to use his body as visual representation for it. You don't want them to be too high above him, though not too close to the ground either. The more dependable Max cancel however is lv1 R.Storm > Max R.Storm.

You'll want to make that the BnB you go for. Just try things out more, you'll figure some things out. I got faith in you.

Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:51:26 am by DW
#173  December 24, 2018, 04:03:32 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
very stupid question, but where's the link to download it ?

SNT

#174  December 25, 2018, 11:50:17 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
He has a page on Trinity Mugen.

DW, I think something went wrong with your Poison update, looks like the RAR's corrupt.

DW

Re: All Chars Update(2018-19): Tigers & Skulls
#175  December 27, 2018, 02:22:49 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
very stupid question, but where's the link to download it ?

In my folder/page at TrinityMugen. The OP has a link to TM.

DW, I think something went wrong with your Poison update, looks like the RAR's corrupt.

I wasn't having this issue, but I reuploaded her anyway. Let me know if the problem persists.

I know I said I wasn't gonna do anything else till next year... But these two were easy enough and were borderline updated anyway. So, Sagat and Skullo have been updated.
#176  December 29, 2018, 07:43:59 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
You might need to tweak the cancel timings a bit more, I'm running into some issues with Rock and Skullomania. In Rock's case, I'm getting Rage Run after the Axe Kick Target Combo when I'm going for Hard Edge, and when I use Skullo Slide after a crouching MP, I get Skullo Crusher instead.

Granted, neither issue is super consistent, but it's enough to warrant a comment, I feel.
#177  January 03, 2019, 03:48:17 pm
Happy new year dude, thanks for all the work you've put in in your chars but I do have a question.

Dunno if you've been asked this Wolf but why not add lilith's hat hyper ? you know where she throws a hat at the OP and makes him press buttons and stuff ?
Was it a sprite thing with lil kun not making the required sprites or you just dont want to add it ?
Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 03:51:25 pm by PeXXeR

DW

#178  January 04, 2019, 03:45:36 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You might need to tweak the cancel timings a bit more, I'm running into some issues with Rock and Skullomania. In Rock's case, I'm getting Rage Run after the Axe Kick Target Combo when I'm going for Hard Edge, and when I use Skullo Slide after a crouching MP, I get Skullo Crusher instead.

Granted, neither issue is super consistent, but it's enough to warrant a comment, I feel.

I moved their respective CMD coding around a bit. The timings are fine. At the end of the day, you have to make sure you're releasing the attack button, before imputing the special move. The negative edge timing is as low as it can be.

Happy new year dude, thanks for all the work you've put in in your chars but I do have a question.

Dunno if you've been asked this Wolf but why not add lilith's hat hyper ? you know where she throws a hat at the OP and makes him press buttons and stuff ?
Was it a sprite thing with lil kun not making the required sprites or you just dont want to add it ?

Thanks.

As for Gloomy Puppet Show(that's the name of the move), I did answer this in her release thread. It's also addressed in her ReadMe. While I didn't give a reason in the ReadMe, meh... It's not a very useful move and I didn't want to add it. I believe she has all the sprites... Aside from the stage p2 stands on and all, though that could just be ripped from her DS set.

Much like Morrigan's Eternal Slumber, the moves are very "gimmick-y" and not very useful. So I opted for Luminous Illusion to be her Lv3. I was gonna give her Brilliant Shower(the "pink" Morrigan super from MvC1), though it was scrapped while talking to testers during development. I decided to just keep it short and sweet with her, because I almost didn't even make her tbh.
#179  January 04, 2019, 12:33:49 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
...At the end of the day, you have to make sure you're releasing the attack button, before imputing the special move.

That also might be what's screwing me up, to be honest. Never really had to do that before the updates, so it's taking a little getting used to lol
#180  January 04, 2019, 07:59:34 pm

I moved their respective CMD coding around a bit. The timings are fine. At the end of the day, you have to make sure you're releasing the attack button, before imputing the special move. The negative edge timing is as low as it can be.

Thanks.

As for Gloomy Puppet Show(that's the name of the move), I did answer this in her release thread. It's also addressed in her ReadMe. While I didn't give a reason in the ReadMe, meh... It's not a very useful move and I didn't want to add it. I believe she has all the sprites... Aside from the stage p2 stands on and all, though that could just be ripped from her DS set.

Much like Morrigan's Eternal Slumber, the moves are very "gimmick-y" and not very useful. So I opted for Luminous Illusion to be her Lv3. I was gonna give her Brilliant Shower(the "pink" Morrigan super from MvC1), though it was scrapped while talking to testers during development. I decided to just keep it short and sweet with her, because I almost didn't even make her tbh.

Oh OK I do agree that the move is a gimmick its fine with me eitherway I just wanted to ask.