YesNoOk

What do you do to get inspiration for your projects? (Read 1598 times)

Started by rgveda99, December 26, 2018, 04:22:28 am
Share this topic:
What do you do to get inspiration for your projects?
#1  December 26, 2018, 04:22:28 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I either watch an anime, stare at sprites for long minutes, watch youtube videos of fighting games, play old school videogames (currently enjoying Sonic Blastman 2) or listen to Kpop and sometimes just have a long walk outside.

What do you guys do to get yourself off your chair to movitate and inspire yourself to do your very own projects?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Re: What do you do to get inspiration for your projects?
#2  December 26, 2018, 03:55:42 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
similar, watch anime, read manga, but it has to be combat based, preferably martial arts. watching fighting game combo videos and tournament videos also helps.
#3  December 26, 2018, 08:34:59 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Mostly by watching videos on fighting games or actually booting one up to see if I can draw gameplay ideas from them. For very specific characters that happen to be my project, I draw influence from their source material and try to make it into their gameplay gimmick (such as Sayaka's healing specialty in her home series or Akyuu's perfect memory represented by Record Points).
#4  December 26, 2018, 08:49:24 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Old school games/animes/comics/works of art, Japanese pop art (mainly the Superflat works of Takashi Murakami), and sometimes from life experiences/people I've met in RL and had conversations with.

some of my original ideas came from a life experience/thought about a life experience that randomly popped in my head.

If I can have a say, you shouldn't entirely depend on inspiration from outside sources to start/continue a project. Sometimes you gotta just do something bc it makes you feel good. I found that too much looking at other's works kind of inspires art envy if you do it too much. Try to think about how good you'll feel when you finish it, and try to enjoy the process of creating.

Pretty sure I shouldn't be one to speak considering my track record, but it was something I've been thinking about the entirety of this month, and I think it might help you out in the long run. I personally hope to apply this in my work/personal life next year, and see what happens.

Not saying you gotta listen to me, but its something to think about.
This is a generic forum signature.
#5  December 26, 2018, 10:32:01 pm
  • Niigasan
It depends om the character for me, heavy d because i liked his style and i like boxers overall same with rick strowd. Gabriella because i originally wanted to do goenitz but like 3 other people were doing him so i said what the hell and made gabriella and nameless and igniz simply because i think they are raw and i like their supers.
New #6  December 27, 2018, 05:19:30 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
More often than not, brawlers, comparable fighting titles and motion pictures are my sole catalysts for character construction.  Deriving motivation from other sources is an uncommon convention for me of late.
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 04:09:33 pm by Mature4evr
#7  December 27, 2018, 08:09:09 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
the best formula: sex ,blood & violence...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#8  December 27, 2018, 08:25:29 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Retro games. 'Nuff said.
#9  December 31, 2018, 06:04:48 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Currently playing Arcana Heart 3 Love Max for ideas.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#10  December 31, 2018, 06:12:43 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
Hello everybody.
Mine are many from different fighting games,wrestling,,and for the concept I try to get funny stuff I has been watching. For now I think in romantic stuff ,UMK3 stuff and Cyber Tech for my next character.