YesNoOk

Character Themes like in MVC (Read 1215 times)

Started by PIZZAHIGHFIVE, December 10, 2018, 11:24:29 pm
Share this topic:
Character Themes like in MVC
#1  December 10, 2018, 11:24:29 pm
  • It's the end for villians
    • Mexico
    • www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en
I have a 3v3 marvel vs capcom mugen, and I want to add in character themes like whoever is 2nd player their theme will be playing, and if whoever 1st character dies and the next comes out, then their theme will start playing.

How do you do this? 
Buy DBZ / Street Fighter shirts here. Compra camisetas de DBZ y King of Fighters aqui. www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en
Re: Character Themes like in MVC
#2  December 11, 2018, 02:44:33 pm
You'd have to add an AssertSpecial in [StateDef -3] to disable the BGM.

Then you play the theme inside of the character's SND using PlaySnd, also in [StateDef -3].
#3  December 11, 2018, 04:52:34 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Needs to be handled by a Helper, actually, as they can persist through SuperPauses.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#4  December 30, 2018, 03:36:27 pm
    • Mexico
so in the character's StateDef-3 there needs to be 2 things?  Assertspecial to disable the bgm, and a Helper to play the character theme (which should be added into the char's snd)?

how would this look like? could ya'll pleaaase type me an example
Buy DBZ / Street Fighter shirts here. Compra camisetas de DBZ y King of Fighters aqui. www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en
#5  December 30, 2018, 07:50:02 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
A Helper needs to be called in State -3 that contains all the necessary BGM stuff you want, as they can persist through SuperPauses as I said; if you put the AssertSpecial in State -3, the stage music would cut back in during such.

It's basically a case of calling a Helper in State -3 that has pausemovetime = 999999 and supermovetime = 999999 (or any large number, really) as parameters. In the Helper state, you'll want your NoMusic AssertSpecial and the PlaySnd that handles your BGM; make sure the Helper itself cannot be hit or interacted with, and give it a blank anim so it's not visible.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#6  January 01, 2019, 01:59:34 pm
    • Mexico
Ok so I got a character theme working :)  (in this case it is Zero from megaman x for example) but there are a few issues:

so i put 2 Zeros to fight each other, and BOTH of their themes are annoyingly playing over each other. I want it to where only 1 theme is playing at a time, I want it to be where it always starts with Player 2's Theme, and I want it to stop whenever a character FROM EITHER TEAM dies, and whoever is coming in after recent killed character their theme will now start playing.   just like the original marvel vs capcom if you remember it.

Please, if you can help me out..
Here is my code:

[Statedef -3]

[State 3200, Helper]
type = Helper
trigger1 = time = 0 ;time = 41
trigger2 =
helpertype = normal ;player
name = "Replace Music"
ID = 100000
stateno = 100000
pos = 0,0
postype = p1    ;p2,front,back,left,right
facing = 1
pausemovetime = 99999999999
supermovetime = 99999999999
ignorehitpause = 1

;NoMusic  HELPER

[Statedef 100000]
physics = N

[State 100000, Turn Off BGM]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = NoMusic
flag2 = invisible
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 100000, Zero Theme]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = time = 0
ignorehitpause = 1
value = S1200, 0
channel = -1
loop = 1
volume = 300

[State 0]
type = NotHitby
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA,NA,SA,HA,NP,SP,HP,NT,ST,HT

[State 0, DestroySelf]
type = DestroySelf
trigger1 = life = 0