YesNoOk

Kyosuke (Pots Style) by Varo Hades - Updated 01/16/19 (Read 10997 times)

Started by BahamianKing242, January 12, 2019, 05:58:36 am
Share this topic:
Kyosuke (Pots Style) by Varo Hades - Updated 01/16/19
#1  January 12, 2019, 05:58:36 am
                                            The Student Of Taiyo High School!

Fight Video!

Download Him Here!
         http://www.mediafire.com/file/fv0gij287xb0i92/Kyosuke.rar/file

Please Read Read Me Text! And Special Thanks To Varo Hades And Trololo!
Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:03:18 am by BahamianKing Gaming
Re: Kyosuke (Pots Style) by Varo Hades
#2  January 12, 2019, 06:21:38 am
  • Niigasan
Gotta update my roster here real soon looks cool asf bruh
#3  January 12, 2019, 07:42:03 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Here's some feedback after a few minutes of testing:

-The voice from the taunt cuts off if you attempt to move while the taunt is active.
-Just a suggestion, delay the voice taunt for a bit and let it play when Kyosuke touches his glasses.
-The level 1 and level 2 super sounds are reversed.
-The dash is too short and can result to dash dancing.
-The dash sound doesn't play when running.
-He doesn't have an animation when he stops running.

Other than these issues, the character was very good. I'm finally glad to see a PotS style Kyosuke. Thanks for the release.

By the way BahamianKing, I have a question. I was wondering, but has varo_hades ever release his latest characters publicly? Every time I see you release a character by him edited by you, I can't find the original versions anywhere nor they are available at his site on the readme. I never knew he's still making more characters as I don't see him update his site or post them at the MugenGuild. If the original characters without your edits can't be found, I'm glad you still choose to leave varo_hades as the author when you release yours.

Edit: I missed a bug while testing:
-The hitsparks of Super Raijin Upper and the Mirage Wave part of Double Mirage Kick are supposed to be purple, not blue.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:35:49 am by SolidZone 26
#4  January 13, 2019, 06:31:46 am
Here's some feedback after a few minutes of testing:

-The voice from the taunt cuts off if you attempt to move while the taunt is active.
-Just a suggestion, delay the voice taunt for a bit and let it play when Kyosuke touches his glasses.
-The level 1 and level 2 super sounds are reversed.
-The dash is too short and can result to dash dancing.
-The dash sound doesn't play when running.
-He doesn't have an animation when he stops running.

Other than these issues, the character was very good. I'm finally glad to see a PotS style Kyosuke. Thanks for the release.

By the way BahamianKing, I have a question. I was wondering, but has varo_hades ever release his latest characters publicly? Every time I see you release a character by him edited by you, I can't find the original versions anywhere nor they are available at his site on the readme. I never knew he's still making more characters as I don't see him update his site or post them at the MugenGuild. If the original characters without your edits can't be found, I'm glad you still choose to leave varo_hades as the author when you release yours.

Edit: I missed a bug while testing:
-The hitsparks of Super Raijin Upper and the Mirage Wave part of Double Mirage Kick are supposed to be purple, not blue.

i meant to fix taunt to cut off when you move him. if you dont move him its fine. the other things i honestly dont understand. plus i changed in command in all the chars i share run from 110 to 100 cuz i dont like the dashing. i perfer they go right into running. all the other chars i do this with.  only thing i understand to fix is the blue to purple spark. yea i missed that. its fixed

plus all these varo chars i share are mine i commission varo to do for me then i go over them and edit them. so its all up to me to share them or not. i choose to share them with you all
#5  January 13, 2019, 07:04:54 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Thanks for the share and trying to fix what you can. I can appreciate your efforts and I like your style. Keep up the hard work.
#6  January 13, 2019, 08:29:03 am
    • USA
i meant to fix taunt to cut off when you move him. if you dont move him its fine. the other things i honestly dont understand. plus i changed in command in all the chars i share run from 110 to 100 cuz i dont like the dashing. i perfer they go right into running. all the other chars i do this with.  only thing i understand to fix is the blue to purple spark. yea i missed that. its fixed

plus all these varo chars i share are mine i commission varo to do for me then i go over them and edit them. so its all up to me to share them or not. i choose to share them with you all
Most of the other things I mentioned are mostly aesthetics. It's just stuff I think that makes the character look better or more accurate to the style that the gameplay is based on. In this case, PotS's.

If you don't understand the "dash dancing" part, it's a term that OHMSBY recently told me when I was giving him feedback of his Terumi. It's when the character can do short consecutive dashes or runs. It can be done by constantly spamming forward to the opponent, which is something that the AI of his Terumi kept doing. Basically, if you go a short run or dash, it shouldn't stop right away. If the character doesn't have a dash, the run should go at least a few meters. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

I see, so that's why the originals don't exist anywhere. Now I know and glad to see you fix issues before sharing them. It makes the characters even better, so thanks for that.

Edit: It seems that after playing him in Capcom vs. SNK 2, I missed some more things:
-The charge voice during the super spark is missing on the Diffusion Cross Cutter (It's used during the Double Mirage Kick, but not this move).
-Kyosuke technically supposed to only have 1 intro and win pose (Intro 2 and Win 2 aren't needed and are just reversed versions of the 1st ones).
-I feel like there's supposed to be another sound effect to go along with the swing sound in both the normal and double Mirage Kicks.
-For some reason, I feel like Kyosuke goes down on the ground faster than normal and doesn't bounce if he gets knocked down from any opponent's attack (Maybe it's just me, I'm not sure).
-Just an personal aesthetic, but there is no landing effect on standing MK.
Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:53:00 am by SolidZone 26
#7  January 13, 2019, 11:56:58 pm
All things fix mentioned except the dashing thing and sound reverse thing. I don't quite understand or see no problem on my end. Plus like I said I don't really use or care for dashing. I always change state in ccommand from 110 to 100. I don't like dashing. Shout out to divinewolf for not adding it in his chars! But I'll ssoon post the updated link to kyosuke.
#8  January 14, 2019, 12:43:52 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Finally I can team him up with Batsu. Nice dude
#9  January 14, 2019, 06:40:14 am
    • USA
All things fix mentioned except the dashing thing and sound reverse thing. I don't quite understand or see no problem on my end. Plus like I said I don't really use or care for dashing. I always change state in ccommand from 110 to 100. I don't like dashing. Shout out to divinewolf for not adding it in his chars! But I'll ssoon post the updated link to kyosuke.
No, they're not bugs and just things l believe that makes the character look better. For the dash, I'm fine with it as it's not really a major issue. As for the sound reverse thing, I meant that the super spark sounds used on level 1 (8500,0) and level 2 (8500,1) are supposed to be the other way around and all you need to do is swap the index numbers. It's not a problem, just thought I mention it for the sake of consistency with other PotS characters. Overall, I believe that's all the issues. I never knew he had missing sound effects until I started playing as him in the source game so hope you got all of that. I look forward to the update.
#10  January 14, 2019, 07:58:58 am
Thanks for the share and trying to fix what you can. I can appreciate your efforts and I like your style. Keep up the hard work.

thank you man!

Finally I can team him up with Batsu. Nice dude

cool! enjoy race!

No, they're not bugs and just things l believe that makes the character look better. For the dash, I'm fine with it as it's not really a major issue. As for the sound reverse thing, I meant that the super spark sounds used on level 1 (8500,0) and level 2 (8500,1) are supposed to be the other way around and all you need to do is swap the index numbers. It's not a problem, just thought I mention it for the sake of consistency with other PotS characters. Overall, I believe that's all the issues. I never knew he had missing sound effects until I started playing as him in the source game so hope you got all of that. I look forward to the update.

oh no the sounds are correct i used the same sounds that infinite use on his chars. its the same sounds i use on all the chars i release so far.  thats why i was confuse on what you saying. for me i think having different sounds would be better. different sound for level 1,2 and 3. ok so other than that he should be good! ill update link tomorrow.
Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:03:23 am by BahamianKing Gaming
Re: Kyosuke (Pots Style) by Varo Hades - Updated 01/13/19
#11  January 14, 2019, 11:48:51 pm
    • USA
Tested the update, it feels much better. However, there are some issues I began to notice on it:
-The running sounds feels off (It was fine before the update as the sound from the running step rotates from (100,0) to (100,1). But now each step repeats the same (100,0) sound).
-The dust during the startup of the run is missing a sound effect, which I believe is (110,0). It used to be one of the running step sounds when the dust comes out, but now there is none.

Everything else is fine or fixed already. Just these two things appeared on the update.

oh no the sounds are correct i used the same sounds that infinite use on his chars. its the same sounds i use on all the chars i release so far.  thats why i was confuse on what you saying. for me i think having different sounds would be better. different sound for level 1,2 and 3. ok so other than that he should be good! ill update link tomorrow.
Oh, ok. When I played him against R@CE's or Sennou-Room's characters, I always thought it was wrong. Turns out I never used much of your other edited characters on my roster as they were that way too. Rugal was actually the last character I used when he was released, so I never noticed until now. But no worries, it's a relatively minor issue and I can change them myself. So it's all good.
Re: Kyosuke (Pots Style) by Varo Hades - Updated 01/13/19
#12  January 15, 2019, 06:30:37 am
i updated him again. i added the dash sound to state 100 since im not using the dash
Re: Kyosuke (Pots Style) by Varo Hades - Updated 01/15/19
#13  January 15, 2019, 06:43:36 am
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Well alright. This is what i'm talking about.
#14  January 15, 2019, 06:45:21 am
#15  January 15, 2019, 07:17:49 am
    • Turkey
Wow what a char!Congratulations on your relase!Also can you tell me the stage name you used?
#16  January 15, 2019, 08:20:51 am
    • USA
Ok, this is weird. I downloaded him, but every bug, missing sound effects and aesthetics I mentioned on my previous feedback is now back. Everything was fixed before except the two things I posted after, now it's back the way it was like the update never happened. I think you may have uploaded the character when it was first released. Can you please reupload?

Downloaded it again and all problems fixed. Figured it's better to edit this post instead of posting again.
Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:58:28 am by SolidZone 26
#17  January 15, 2019, 04:44:17 pm
Omg Damn! I miss in mix up the files! I'll update link again later. Hopefully this the last man!
#18  January 15, 2019, 05:28:17 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Is there a place with all your (and Varo's) releases? For easy access, like a collection or something :P
Re: Kyosuke (Pots Style) by Varo Hades - Updated 01/16/19
#19  January 16, 2019, 02:21:37 am
ok link updated again. hopefully this is it!

Is there a place with all your (and Varo's) releases? For easy access, like a collection or something :P

i have all my edit save on my mediafire account
Re: Kyosuke (Pots Style) by Varo Hades - Updated 01/16/19
#20  January 16, 2019, 03:57:08 am
    • Canada