YesNoOk

Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note) (Read 244262 times)

Started by yaret, June 11, 2018, 05:19:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note)
#101  December 24, 2018, 04:02:53 am
Claymore.

Totally forgot Claymore, nice one!

Considering how the biggest ones are all getting the main team of characters first and foremost,

But then you got Sabo and Boa instead of Nami, Usopp or any other strawhat x'D

Up until this point I just count 1213(?) different series, which are all popular worldwide,
so I am pretty sure JoJo will get his share in this game.

And talking about financial, I am sure they will have a lot planned as dlc.
No way they would miss out cashing on Broly, he's a money magnet.
#102  December 24, 2018, 04:11:04 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Eh.  Considering it was considered weird enough they went for Dragon Ball Super content, despite it being more focused on the Shonen Jump content of Dragon Ball, thus Z content, I don't see them jumping for a Dragon Ball Super movie character, nor do I see them going for the previous DBZ non-canon movie variation of him simply because this new one is specifically here to replace it going forward.  Plus he's already being used for that exact purpose over in Xenoverse 2.

I'd have to imagine if there's DLC, it would pragmatically be additional content for series already chosen to be in.  Like Seto Kaiba or Kuwabara or something.  Because if both sides wanted their series to be in a crossover like this, it would have been chosen from the get-go. 
Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 04:21:39 am by Long John Killer
#103  December 24, 2018, 05:02:27 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Considering how the biggest ones are all getting the main team of characters first and foremost,

But then you got Sabo and Boa instead of Nami, Usopp or any other strawhat x'D

Well, I was referring more to how One Piece actually got the monster trio of Luffy/Zoro/Sanji instead of shafting the entire crew for the likes of Ace and Sakazuki like J-Stars did, but point taken. 

That, and the fact that we're getting individual series mainstays like Renji, Piccolo, and Kurapika that usually get shafted in the crossovers.
#104  December 24, 2018, 06:12:12 pm
Yeah, I got what you mean, just thought it was poor choice from the company.
But I guess this game would be mad if they include every main in every team or each series.

Eh.  Considering it was considered weird enough they went for Dragon Ball Super content, despite it being more focused on the Shonen Jump content of Dragon Ball, thus Z content, I don't see them jumping for a Dragon Ball Super movie character, nor do I see them going for the previous DBZ non-canon movie variation of him simply because this new one is specifically here to replace it going forward.  Plus he's already being used for that exact purpose over in Xenoverse 2.

I'd have to imagine if there's DLC, it would pragmatically be additional content for series already chosen to be in.  Like Seto Kaiba or Kuwabara or something.  Because if both sides wanted their series to be in a crossover like this, it would have been chosen from the get-go.

hm... good point!
Now I wish to beat people up with Kuwabara...
#105  December 24, 2018, 06:29:54 pm
    • USA
I mean hey, as long as we can reenact this, I'm game.

#106  December 26, 2018, 02:18:48 am
I didn't watch the english GT, so I didn't know this! xD
#107  January 16, 2019, 02:03:04 am
    • USA
The next issue of V-Jump is going to include a full 20-page feature on Jump Force.  Scans expected to drop later this week/early next week.

Somehow people have managed to convince themselves that this means that they'll be announcing 60+ new characters in this one magazine at the same time, which is quite frankly adorable.
#108  January 16, 2019, 03:00:35 am
    • USA
I don't know what it is about Luffy that unsettles me so, but I can even take Yugi's ginormous pupils more serious than Luffy looking like his eyes are plastic bits glued on to his face.  Heck, Cameron's CGI Alita is less off-putting.  And that thing's just confusing.

Scans will be fun, but beyond OCs specifically for this game or those last few returning cast members from the past game who haven't shown like the Jojos, I don't expect much brand new content to be shown, just further details on what we do and hype build-up.
#109  January 16, 2019, 03:11:29 am
Yeah, that lack of shading on that eye next to everyone's dark blanket looks weird. And he's the only one wearing a hat that's supposed to shade his whole upper face, but no, he almost looks like he's still in pencil mode. This lighting is just all over the place, must be that dumb particle engine.
I do expect a handful of tertiary IPs being revealed at once at the last minute like "oh yeah and these guys too I guess but who cares look at Luffy" but not even as many as the last game. Focusing on the less popular characters would only make sense in a game that wants to show off a sensible fighter gameplay. Also yeah Jojo. I don't know why they're ignoring it when there's an anime they can both promote and ride on at the same time (not that I expect Giorno).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:16:35 am by Byakko
#110  January 16, 2019, 04:26:56 am
    • USA
I'm expecting a handful of newcomers from the series that are already announced (Hiei and Kaiba, maybe?) and for them to drop a few of the really big names that haven't shown up yet, like Reborn, Gintama, or Jojo.

I think the issue with Luffy's eyes is that Oda's style doesn't quite mesh with the art style in this game.  One Piece guys aren't as typically "anime" as the other series, so he sticks out more because the 3D art is designed more around your Narutos and your Death Notes.
#111  January 16, 2019, 04:47:23 am
    • USA
That I certainly agree with, the game gels much better for character faces when they're more detailed and, well, human-esque.  Less cartoony.  From my time playing, though, they even made the weirdness of Sasuke's eye contact jutsu and Toriyama's very simple facial design look good.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But then Luffy comes along and looks like he wants to devour my damned eternal soul, and it doesn't do him any favors.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And it's odd, because Oda certainly was inspired by Toriyama's design esthetic, but for whatever reason one just translates a lot better than the other.  And Dragon Ball's should have been the more bizarre looking one with Goku having an obtuse triangle for a haircut and Vegeta's everything on his face.
#112  January 17, 2019, 01:25:35 pm
    • USA
Kakashi, Gaara, Kaguya, and Bort confirmed.

I knew we'd be getting a flood of Naruto characters to match Dragon Ball and One Piece.  Bort seems like a weird pull to me when everyone else is from original recipe Naruto, though.

:EDIT:  Better Bort scan

Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:55:48 am by Person Man
#113  January 18, 2019, 04:03:05 am
    • USA
I know I'm not all that knowledgeable on Naruto, never mind its follow-up with Shippuden, never mind on top of that this sequel, but man does Boruto look like the most feminine shonen protag I've seen in a long time.  He downright looks like that Taki replacement in Soul Calibur V in this game.

I'm curious what they intend for Garra, as I have not played any of the numerous Naruto arena fighters that are out as a basis for this game, and just knowing the character his style of combat is solely defensive and reactionary.  He even has the ninja default super speed and agility that comes built in with all Naruto characters and I don't recall him ever making use of it.  His whole schtick is to stand in one spot and let the sand do everything for him.  Speaking of which, that'll be something to see try to bog down the game on top of all the particle effects, having all that dynamic sand effects going on.
#114  January 18, 2019, 01:18:24 pm
    • USA
That's only in his very first appearances, IIRC.  He gets a lot more offensive skills in the later arcs.

New scan from V-Jump with renders of Kakashi, Gaara, and Kaguya:

#115  January 18, 2019, 03:09:54 pm
but man does Boruto look like the most feminine shonen protag I've seen in a long time.  He downright looks like that Taki replacement in Soul Calibur V in this game.
This Boruto does seem a bit weird compared to the manga, but, I mean, that SC girl was an obvious genderswapped ripoff of Naruto in the first place, so... And he's a little kid so that easily looks a bit more feminine. The Boruto manga artist has a really different art style, everyone looks like a girl.
I'm surprised Gaara stole Madara's spot. And having swarms of characters for one series just makes me think they'll straight up cut most of the other obscure series. Like, J-Stars was a celebration of the brand's history, this is trying to be the popular brawl that every manga games does. I think we'll be lucky to even get Gintama (but at the same time I feel it raises the odds to get a whole bunch of JoJo characters all at once rather than just a couple). Doesn't Naruto have more characters than the other big titles at this point ? Edit - no, they have 6 each. Huh.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:22:52 pm by Byakko
#116  January 18, 2019, 08:55:29 pm
Moon girl instead of Madara, Imma cry
#117  January 19, 2019, 12:34:44 am
    • USA
On the other hand, this is technically a 50% increase in the total amount of female characters in the game, so there's that at the very least.  :mlol:

There's an open beta going on now for anyone who wants to try it out.
#118  January 19, 2019, 07:06:57 am
    • Mexico
Kaguya is fine, I think it’s Boruto who is a hell of a lot more controversial. That’s a spot that could’ve gone to another Naruto character (Lee, Madara, Shikamaru, Itachi, B, Jiraiya, etc.),

Man, any of those I mentioned would be dope and most likely better than Boruto, even though he makes sense from marketing standpoint.
#119  January 19, 2019, 07:12:48 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Would rather Boruto than Kaguya tbh, but the best choice would have been Madara.
#120  January 19, 2019, 09:02:51 am
    • Netherlands
It's kind of hilarious to me that we're getting all these Naruto characters.... and Sakura didn't make it in lol.

That being said I love Kakashi and Gaara as picks. Boruto is also a nice pick to represent modern Shonen Jump.