YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1227329 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#3261  January 10, 2019, 12:21:34 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Well it does depend on if Gennos has a PSP/Vita or can emulate them. If he does, get that version like Christ I am completely fucking asleep but yeah do what OrochiGill said and get the PSP version.

Besides, Rydia's in all versions so who cares

But I'd say get the GBA version of FF5 and 6 at least since they're both good stuff.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#3262  January 10, 2019, 08:47:40 pm
Hehe, I thought so as well.
I just wanna stress something out...
You don't really need to buy a PSP if you want to game on the go. If you can find yourself a phone gamepad and have a decent (preferably rooted) Android phone then you're set really. I only got this because i can't stand touch controls and couldn't find a gamepad.
This video here shows me playing Tekken 6 through the PPSSPP emulator on a pretty shitty Samsung J2 Prime. The video is capped at 30fps but the game ran pretty smoothly. I was using a ps3 controller that i paired with the rooted phone.
https://gfycat.com/ZigzagDecisiveComet

Man i wish i could find a gamepad... do you guys have gamepads for your phones? please show them here and tell me if they control good and if you use them often.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3263  January 10, 2019, 09:38:22 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Get one of the 8bitdo controllers. In my experience the build quality is top notch.

Edit: Here's the NES Pro that I typically use. The newer models have motion controls and rumble built in apparently.

Also I'm very very very irresponsible with money

I saw it on ebay go for the price that you usually see for just the headset untested . Only thing I added was the SNES adapter I got from a local second hand shop for a tenner. The stand's missing a piece to keep the headset steady but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the purchase.
Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:05:43 am by Do not even ask
#3264  January 15, 2019, 01:03:50 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Dec. 31st
(Was when I bought it, just didn't get around to posting)

I've never had a proper chance to play the original Spyro trilogy, since when I was younger I never had a stable PS1. I either had a rental system, or the PS1 I had never stayed with me long enough. However, I distinctly remember playing Ripto's Rage and a demo disc of one of the other two.

It sucks I missed out on the original run of these pretty slick games, but with this HD remake trilogy I finally get to play them through. I have beaten 1 and 2, I just got Year of the Dragon, then to %100+ each one, if I can.

Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:10:47 am by The Sudden Rarity
#3265  January 16, 2019, 10:54:08 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Hehe, I thought so as well.
I just wanna stress something out...
You don't really need to buy a PSP if you want to game on the go. If you can find yourself a phone gamepad and have a decent (preferably rooted) Android phone then you're set really. I only got this because i can't stand touch controls and couldn't find a gamepad.
This video here shows me playing Tekken 6 through the PPSSPP emulator on a pretty shitty Samsung J2 Prime. The video is capped at 30fps but the game ran pretty smoothly. I was using a ps3 controller that i paired with the rooted phone.
https://gfycat.com/ZigzagDecisiveComet

Man i wish i could find a gamepad... do you guys have gamepads for your phones? please show them here and tell me if they control good and if you use them often.

Ooooh, neat idea. I might have to try that out some time.

Also, I know I'm super late on this but i finally got a PS4

#3266  January 16, 2019, 09:43:17 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Also, I know I'm super late on this but i finally got a PS4

A fair warning: the first model PS4s tend to overheat faster and sound like a jet engine after a while. Mine died within about six months, even with regular cleaning. Just giving you a heads up.
#3267  January 17, 2019, 11:41:51 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I see. Gotcha. I'll be careful.
#3268  January 19, 2019, 12:09:13 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Jan. 10th
(Date of purchase)

As a child I had watched Animalympics on occasion and really enjoyed it. I never had it on VHS, but rather a tape it had been recorded onto, as parents and grandparents did just that sometime ago (yes, I'm an old timer XP).

I never thought I'd see the day this being on region 1 DVD, but here it is. I'm glad it has been restored, including the infamous "suicide attempt" scene, which I'd never seen before. I read about the scene and the article made it look like it was pretty terrible as it was removed from TV publication and reruns. The Tom and Jerry suicide scene was much darker than the one in this film, though.

The music is a bit silly and cringy, but not as bad as I thought it was gonna be after not seeing it for almost 2 decades. A lot of the jokes and caricatures based off then-popular celebrities and athletes are indeed dated, but I do get a decent portion of them. Adult jokes smattering here and there. The screentime is easy to sit through being around 76 minutes. An all-around joy.

Was certainly nice going down memory lane once more.
Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:15:38 am by The Sudden Rarity
#3269  January 20, 2019, 04:02:30 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Huh, Billy Crystal's in this?
#3270  January 20, 2019, 07:13:49 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I picked up some gems at Game-x-Change and
got a nice package from amazon with some
PS2 goodies

#3271  January 21, 2019, 04:44:19 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Huh, Billy Crystal's in this?

Yep ^..^ since it was made for TV the animation can be spotty here and thers, but the audio is pretty good for something so small. It's a nice, albeit obscure, piece of history that I thought would never see the light of day again. It also seems that only four voice actors were in this, though I could be wrong.
#3272  January 22, 2019, 03:03:22 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
#3273  January 23, 2019, 01:22:13 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Can't see anything
#3274  January 23, 2019, 06:08:41 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
It's that one image host that requires permission or whatever before you can see the image, so you'd have to inspect element to find the image link to then request permission (ticking a captcha box) so you can see it.

tl;dr he has Smash Ultimate.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#3275  January 24, 2019, 02:12:16 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
PS1 GunCon for $20!

#3276  January 24, 2019, 02:15:36 am
dooope.....Memo I'll be up there to borrow that gun soon!
#3277  January 24, 2019, 04:27:17 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
dooope.....Memo I'll be up there to borrow that gun soon!

I got lucky and the dude I talk to at a local shop hide the
gun in a cabinet because I told him I can get it a couple days later,
come thru lol
#3278  January 24, 2019, 06:38:19 am
Thats really cool, now you can play the Time Crisis games on the PS2. Hopefully you still have an CRT TV around, because i heard those Guncons don't work on HD TVs.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3279  January 24, 2019, 08:02:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Thats really cool, now you can play the Time Crisis games on the PS2. Hopefully you still have an CRT TV around, because i heard those Guncons don't work on HD TVs.

I have a CRT but its crap, I have composite
cables and im looking for an old Sony Trinitron HD CRT
to game on, so far no luck.

They work with a hack but its too tedious for me to try.
#3280  January 27, 2019, 04:19:07 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
It's that one image host that requires permission or whatever before you can see the image, so you'd have to inspect element to find the image link to then request permission (ticking a captcha box) so you can see it.

tl;dr he has Smash Ultimate.

Oooh, neato.

I have a CRT but its crap, I have composite
cables and im looking for an old Sony Trinitron HD CRT
to game on, so far no luck.

They work with a hack but its too tedious for me to try.

I heard lightgun games have issues on HD TVs anyway but if you can get it to work then hell yeah