YesNoOk

Affectteam and Lifeadd Questions (Read 2205 times)

Started by Nep Heart, January 18, 2019, 06:32:27 pm
Share this topic:
Affectteam and Lifeadd Questions
#1  January 18, 2019, 06:32:27 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 First question, is there any way for a character to block their own projectile that is set to "affectteam = F"? I'm revising a projectile reflector that sends the exact velocity and animation of a helper projectile right back at the sender, but it ends up being unblockable since it's just their own helper projectile in custom state.

Second question, how do you detect an opponent using lifeadds? It's for a super that does damage based on exact percentage regardless of life and defense values, but whenever the opponent uses a lifeadd, it reduces that supposedly non-reducible damage including one of my own characters who uses lifeadds to increase her defense.
Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:04:27 pm by Nep Heart
Re: Affectteam and Lifeadd Questions
#2  January 20, 2019, 12:14:12 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I thought there was a method of figuring out how much lifeadd P2 uses. I've never messed around with anything like that but I thought someone posted a method in trick & tutorials or code library.

Are you not going into the blocking state because the projectile isn't seen as a threat? If so, you may be able to use state -2 to watch for a helper within a certain distance and send you into the guard state(s).
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  January 21, 2019, 12:28:49 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Okay, so, I found a mostly working solution for the first one.

I just have an invisible projectile come out whenever the reflected helper projectile comes out, matching the same exact speed the helper goes while having a large guard.dist in order to trigger the opponent's guard state reactions. It works on player and AI from my tests, although it sometimes messes up if the projectile's velocity goes even slightly out of sync from the reflected helper (it's kinda not entirely possible since projectile SCTRLs have far more limits with velocities compared to a helper projectile... but I think I'll settle with what I have since the out-of-sync occurrences isn't very frequent to begin with.

As for the p2lifeadd, I tried the multi-variable suggestion I found here, but it doesn't seem very consistent when I try it on lifeadds that occur multiple times in the same instance.
#4  January 21, 2019, 12:34:56 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
You shouldn’t have to do that with the projectile. I have been looking through all the reflector stuff lately but don’t see where your problem would be.

Maybe it’s in the hitdefs guarddist. In the examples (that work) they are set to 0, how is yours set?
Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:46:35 am by ink
#5  January 21, 2019, 01:54:13 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Custom state is set to movetype = A i trust? You dont need A for hitdefs to work iirc but A does trigger blocking as well. I think, im out of practice

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  January 21, 2019, 02:43:11 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
@ink

I tried both guard.dist in the hitdef and the attackdist sctrl, none of those two actually worked. It's likely because the helper projectile still belongs to P2, it's just simply in P1's custom state. So, I went with a projectile sctrl with guard.dist to allow p2 to have guard reactions in statedef -2 because of that problem.

@Cyanide

Yeah, I do have the custom state in as movetype A. The custom state has the hitdef as well as mimic the visuals and velocities of p2's helper projectile. It's why I also had to resort to "affectteam = F" since the helper is still in p2's ownership.
#7  January 21, 2019, 04:08:58 pm
    • USA
So are you using Vans’ reflector code or another one?

Vans’ doesn’t have this problem, that’s what I was trying to say.
#8  January 21, 2019, 07:57:01 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 No, it's actually my own coding. I'll just post it here for convenience to give a good idea what's going on.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#9  January 23, 2019, 05:04:47 pm
    • USA
I'm still surprised it doesn't trigger a guard state, I'll have to try that out myself.

I have messed with making my own reflector in the past, something your code doesn't account for is when someone uses posset/posadd instead of velset. Also, projectiles that use an explod instead of anim like you would expect. Turning an explod to face the right direction for example.

Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:26:11 pm by ink
#10  January 25, 2019, 09:46:05 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 I very rarely come across characters who use explods as a helper projectile graphic, so, those don't concern me nearly as much. Now, the possadd and posset varieties, I may just use a cond trigger to assign a default generic velocity for those types now that I think about it. I don't think guard states are triggered naturally because it's still p2's own projectile even if it is redirected at them.

For the record, the reflector does also cover the projectile sctrl as well as helper projectiles as a just-in-case and that works perfectly fine, so, I can spare the question from that.
#11  February 10, 2019, 02:40:02 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Sorry that this has been left off for a few weeks, been very busy this month. The projectile problem has been long solved though, but the lifeadd part has been an extreme pain in the ass to deal with.

Anyway, I've experimented with a pre-existing code that was posted for compensating for targets using lifeadd as a defense booster and found all the code really does is the equivalent to targetlifeadd that subtracts life based on const(data.life), which I wouldn't even need a huge set-up with multiple variables and a helper to begin with (and I was using const(life.data) prior to the code that was posted in this forum). Basically, it doesn't work for my purpose and feels outright redundant to even use.
#12  February 10, 2019, 11:14:26 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Sooo... Solved?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#13  February 10, 2019, 09:05:56 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 I'll probably mark this as obsolete as a way to signal "solved atm, but not 100% certain on the solution".