YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019) (Read 248304 times)

Started by GTOAkira, December 07, 2018, 05:29:54 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Komat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019)
#81  January 22, 2019, 06:06:27 pm
I dont know why but for me the new subzero looks quite similair to the one in deception

#82  January 23, 2019, 01:01:30 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I actually hope a lot of things from Deception and Deadly Alliance will be used.
Havik for example, he would be pretty epic, same with Onaga.

Kabal, my favourite MK character outside Scorpion and Motaro, can't wait to see him back, as I've stated multiple times.
The Kombat Kast can't come fast enough. Also, I hope Kabal's Deception costume might be more of an inspiration than MK3 and MK9. I loved Kabal with a trenchcoat, but considering the costumization, I'm surprised if it did not happen. Also, the use of his hookblades are going to be fun.

I remember, as Trilogy being my first experience of MK, I felt there were too many MK Ninja's, so, I always played as the ones who did not look like MK ninja's, which made me like Kung Lao, Stryker and Kabal the most back then. Memories.

Just super hyped for this game, damn.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#83  January 23, 2019, 02:08:23 am
    • Brazil
There is one character I hope to see, but I think is unlikely: Nitara. I always loved the idea of an actual vampire in MK and with Skarlet throwing blood at people, Nitara would be given a chance to have a better moveset to her theme.
#84  January 23, 2019, 02:28:20 am
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Nitara was no doubt one of the best characters that came out of Deadly Alliance.
As most PS2 era character, Nitara never really got the chance for true potential that she deserves.

So, who would people be very SHOCKED over seeing in this game? Top 3. (Do more if you have them)
For me;

1. Hsu Hao - MK Team hates him.
2. Kai - Does not seem to be used often, nor seem to be popular in general.
3. Styrker - Going to be bold and gamble that he will not be playable in the title. If the line-up is only 25, then I don't see him prioritized, but if they expand, maybe.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#85  January 23, 2019, 02:55:58 am
  • appreciate life, i love you - Lil B
    • downloads.khinsider.com/?u=44610

THANK YOU BASED GOD
#86  January 23, 2019, 04:32:20 am
  • Niigasan
Nitara was no doubt one of the best characters that came out of Deadly Alliance.
As most PS2 era character, Nitara never really got the chance for true potential that she deserves.

So, who would people be very SHOCKED over seeing in this game? Top 3. (Do more if you have them)
For me;

1. Hsu Hao - MK Team hates him.
2. Kai - Does not seem to be used often, nor seem to be popular in general.
3. Styrker - Going to be bold and gamble that he will not be playable in the title. If the line-up is only 25, then I don't see him prioritized, but if they expand, maybe.

I swear im the only human that ever mained stryker. He was damn good in mk9

1. Shang Tsung
2. Onaga
3. Havik
#87  January 23, 2019, 04:39:02 am
    • Brazil
Poor Stryker, after his awful debut in MK3, he only looked better and better, and even then, doesn't have a big fanbase. He looked really stupid at debut, then in MKA, he had that cool costume, then in MK9, he was made a badass and even then, it seems people care more about Peter from Street Fighter than him.
#88  January 23, 2019, 05:03:22 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Since 9 was a retelling of the first three games and X was a re-imagined take on 4, then makes sense that 11 is going to cover the events of what I call the 'Middle Era' of Mortal Kombat (Which would be Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon).. in a sense. Time travel shenanigans might skew this in certain directions.

As for my list of characters that would shock me...

1. Shujinko - To me, he wasn't that great to begin with. A character that had basically all the best moves (Seriously, freeze then spear? That's some bullshit right there) and he had nothing original to him. If they somehow bring him back, I want to see original moves for the guy.
2. Hsu Hao - As it already brought up, the development teams hates him... the fans hate him... I'm sure the other characters hate him. Yet, here is an opportunity to change that narrative. Look at what they did with Stryker. It's still possible here.
3. Drahmin - This is a personal choice for me since I liked using him in Deadly Alliance. He was a throwback to the days when you made up combos... anyhow, here's a character that could play a role in the new Netherrealm army of Liu Kang and Kitana.
4. Mavado - Why not?
#89  January 23, 2019, 08:29:30 am
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I remember Kung Lao, Stryker and Kabal being my first picks when I played MK Trilogy, because I did not understand the whole MK Ninja craze.
I was very young tho, about 5-6 at the time. Don't know how it ended up in my view. I believe it was my cousins, but it's in my collection, and was since I was that young.

I was sort of afraid of the series, because of a lot of blood, and the rumoured fatalities (never saw them as a kid, was no esay access internet at the time, nor would I know what to search for lol), but during PS2, I got all the games, and have stuck to them ever since.

Anyways, I believe Stryker redeemed himself in MK9, and became pretty epic, but based on the current roster, and the narrative, I'm sort of surprised we get Liu Kang, Kung Lao and (rumoured) Kitana, not in their revenant form. The fact that Kabal seems to make a return makes me happy, as the gameplay stuck with me as pretty fun.

Out of the roster shown thus far, it seems like a lot of legacy characters got a chance, but between Noob Saibot, Sindel, Nightwolf and Stryker, we know who falls short. NRS has stated plenty of times before that the players decides who comes back, meaning, the support and being loud about who they want.

That's why Baraka is back (Boon said so, at least), and to some extent Skarlet (I believe).
Right now, I believe Stryker falls short, and that's why I would be shocked, but I would be pleased.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#90  January 23, 2019, 05:44:23 pm
    • Brazil
#91  January 23, 2019, 09:55:26 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
I'd like to see Fujin from MK4/A back, but I think I might actually be the only one that would. XD
#92  January 23, 2019, 10:37:27 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I'd like to see Fujin from MK4/A back, but I think I might actually be the only one that would. XD

Are you kidding? I feel Fujin is one of the most requested characters at this point lol.

NRS has stated plenty of times before that the players decides who comes back, meaning, the support and being loud about who they want.
Excellent, then Rain has high chances.

True! I do believe Rain has a great chance.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#93  January 23, 2019, 10:39:39 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
@GTOAkira can you update the thread title?  Kombat.
Re: Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019)
#94  January 23, 2019, 11:27:18 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
lmao I just noticed it now
On the character I would like to see I would actually really like to see what NRS could do with Hsu Hao. He was a really cool concept with a really poor moveset. Same thing with Mavado
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#95  January 23, 2019, 11:34:40 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
#96  January 23, 2019, 11:42:53 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
NRS has stated plenty of times before that the players decides who comes back, meaning, the support and being loud about who they want.
Excellent, then Rain has high chances.

He's guaranteed to be in the game, 100%. Did any of you notice during the Pro Players' session of the reveal stated that SonicFox's main for MK11 is Rain?

There are certainly points forward for Rain, but I would not 100% confirm him. Same with another player who said Jade. We don't see anything of her here yet, but she is heavily requested too. Time will tell.

lmao I just noticed it now
On the character I would like to see I would actually really like to see what NRS could do with Hsu Hao. He was a really cool concept with a really poor moveset. Same thing with Mavado

Hsu Hao would shock the hell out of me, but IF NRS actually did it, and made him somewhat redeemable, then I would be mindblown.
I think Mavado as a concept was not too bad, but he is very bland, and with Kabal, I don't know. Most Deception and Deadly Alliance characters would deserve some justice.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#97  January 24, 2019, 01:04:00 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
A lot of the deadly allince and deception character have really cool design the thing that really hold them back is their poor and boring moveset but seeing what nrs did with the new comers in X like Kotal and Erron I think Hsu Hao could be dope
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#98  January 24, 2019, 01:44:07 am
  • Niigasan
I forgot my favorite deception character, Ashra i would love to see her
#99  January 24, 2019, 05:41:34 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Frost, Ashrah, Nitara, Havik and Mavado would all be cool to return, from the DA/Deception characters. From the old ones I'd like to see Smoke, Kabal, Nightwolf and Jade return.
#100  January 24, 2019, 05:52:25 pm
    • Brazil
The roster seems to be pretty tight for PS2 era characters, though. Looking at the hinted characters and confirmed-but-not-officially-revealed characters, we have...
Spoiler: ... (click to see content)
...none of which are from the PS2 era. We know there are fairly high chances for Kotal Kahn to be in as well and Jade has been heavily hinted at even before MK11 was revealed, which makes the space even tighter. MKX initially felt like it would include more characters from that era, but aside from Kenshi, only Bo'rai Cho (the worst possible character among the NPCs) was made playable, even though the other options of the PS2 era were Sareena, Li Mei and Frost, not to mention the even older Fujin. Fujin has a decent chance of appearing in this game, but he is not from the PS2 era, which means one less slot for them, at least until the Kombat Packs are revealed.