Last Blade
Re: Capcom X Snk
#902  January 28, 2019, 10:35:52 am
    • USA
#903  January 29, 2019, 03:03:56 am
    • USA
Mugen

Ikemen(if you still haven't switched over.)
#904  February 01, 2019, 07:05:56 am
  • I like Ai's
That looks absolutely beautiful! And you've convinced me to use ikemen; It makes me a bit sad to know this is what MUGEN could have evolved to.
#905  February 01, 2019, 09:32:01 am
    • USA
Mugen

Ikemen
#906  February 01, 2019, 12:45:59 pm
    • USA

#907  February 04, 2019, 08:40:26 pm
    • USA
This is still ikemen & really only showing a quality difference(stages/characters/code). I didn’t have time to remake everything.
Vanilla Ikemen

Ikemen Plus

There is no reason why anyone would still use vanilla Ikemen at this point, but you never know.
#908  February 06, 2019, 05:27:46 am
    • USA
#909  February 14, 2019, 06:51:44 pm
    • USA
Third Strike themed. Will try to do all the TS chars..

#910  February 15, 2019, 04:33:11 am
    • Canada
So this is all Ikemen right?

If I remember correctly the CVSU demo you released like a year (or two) ago didn't really have an arcade mode, you had to manually pick who the CPU opponent was right? Is that an Ikemen thing, or was that something you implemented? I've been using mugen 1.1 exclusively for the last few years now, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with Ikeman.

I gotta say this is looking pretty good so far. I'd bet people would be fooled into thinking its a real Capcom game. Hell, I'd rather play this than slow fighter 5: DLC edition.

I've logged into your discord, but discord is too chaotic for my old man brain. So I thought I'd leave you my 2 cents here.
#911  February 15, 2019, 05:09:23 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Is there a demo actually available on Discord?
#912  February 15, 2019, 05:12:37 am
    • USA
That compilation was Vanilla Ikemen, since then there has been newer versions of which support all default mugen modes+ more this is what I’ve been using since then https://youtu.be/W3k0MKUndug
The only “issue” is that 1.1 creators hate indexing. If you use 1.0 you can already 100% port any SP
I recommend Ikemen only for those who’d like something more comparable to a commercial game. I don’t use the word casual as an insult, I feel that it would only appeal to those who create as this being new, you may or may not have to edit/work.
#913  February 15, 2019, 05:36:30 am
    • Canada
 That's cool. I *just* finished converting like... 500+ characters to be 1.1 compatible, fixing pallet issues, and other compatibility bs (mostly broken intro states using ancient dinosaur code), so I'm not looking to start all over again for a good while. lol.  I'll probably wait until someone releases a cool full game like the one your working on before I dive in, or at least wait it out until it people start adopting it more.

That said people still won't let ye olde win mugen die so who knows how long that will be. Some people just like random crash bugs I guess. :P

#914  February 15, 2019, 05:56:48 am
    • USA
Don’t join discord, that’s really unrelated, more so for my YouTube audience and friends. Was hoping to find people still interested in working on stuff. In general, creators are scarce so it didn’t pan out. The thing is, everyone is waiting for something to release, try the various games that are on this subspace. Try porting a few characters, play a few matches, compare and contrast. As for my thing.. Would I call it a w.i.p now idk, I can’t complete my goal until Ikemen is completed so I’ve post poned working on it. I simply polish my skills for the day that I may carry out my plans. My aim isn’t to make a full game like most mugen games, I seek to make something commercial like or beyond the upmost limits of the engine. It won’t hurt you to try something new, that’s my new goal in the mean time, to spread awareness of the possibilities.
#915  February 15, 2019, 06:05:40 am
    • USA
If you have not already seen. I made a few arcade concept videos. This is all in game.

This one, I just edited the CV3 SP into the video because there is no SP for Ikemen

Then of course this stuff, all in game

Trying to motivate people into making their own stuff more than anything by showing these concepts.
#916  February 18, 2019, 10:01:15 pm
    • USA
If anyone is interested in CVS Takuma/Mr.Karate sprites, I made videos “specifically” to showcase them in hopes someone would use. He worked really hard on these so hopefully it happens at some point. I do have sffs, but they won’t work with any prexisting characters. If you are interested in helping me finish the cs, we can tag team it. Only done hair/eyes

Takuma

Mr.Karate

I did not use the “serious” sprites as SVC is a spin-off, in kof lore Mr.Karate = serious Takuma = KOFXIII
#917  February 18, 2019, 10:13:10 pm
Transferring any mugen character will just work with ikemen? There are just so many versions of it, and I just read and heard about it, so I'm quite confused. Im as interested as the guy above, but if this means editing a lot of characters I'm not too sure if I have time for that task, this just looks AMAZING!
#918  February 18, 2019, 10:25:41 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Do you have a possible template/idea for Takuma?
I swear there was something cool here!!
#919  February 19, 2019, 12:30:26 am
    • USA
Well, not much I can say to that response, if you put the time in, you will get the quality. I can only recommend you try it and see for yourself. I haven’t used every character for example. If you just casually play mugen, I don’t really see the appeal of Ikemen. Ikemen brings us more features to replicate commercial games. If you don’t have a project or anything you can still use it, but don’t see how much use you’d get out of it if you don’t want to mess with things/edit etc. There are a handful of projects using Ikemen, I suggest looking at the discord they made for it, try those out, compare. I’ve made many comparisons videos, you can see by scrolling up, or going back a page or two.

I don’t have a template yet, but same as Ryo, besides the beard. Everything gets cs’d. Expect gloves, footpads as well as in the video.
#920  February 19, 2019, 12:50:20 am
Well, not much I can say to that response, if you put the time in, you will get the quality. I can only recommend you try it and see for yourself. I haven’t used every character for example. If you just casually play mugen, I don’t really see the appeal of Ikemen. Ikemen brings us more features to replicate commercial games. If you don’t have a project or anything you can still use it, but don’t see how much use you’d get out of it if you don’t want to mess with things/edit etc. There are a handful of projects using Ikemen, I suggest looking at the discord they made for it, try those out, compare. I’ve made many comparisons videos, you can see by scrolling up, or going back a page or two.

I don’t have a template yet, but same as Ryo, besides the beard. Everything gets cs’d. Expect gloves, footpads as well as in the video.

Just did it, and im in love. My characters all of them so far are working normally. I wish I heard of this before, just recently updated my game to 1.1 but now will transition to ikemen, its got the customization I need to realize my project. I used the build on your youtube, not sure if thats the latest one, but  I am hooked