YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1241160 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#3281  January 27, 2019, 04:36:40 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Uhhh... got the Resident Evil 2 remake just yesterday.

Played the 1-Shot Demo for a solid 8 minutes, died from the first batch of zombies in the police station and said "yes, this is the game for me".
#3282  January 27, 2019, 04:38:59 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
The best bit is if you die to two zombies at once because they thought pretty far ahead.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#3283  January 27, 2019, 04:41:33 pm
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
#3284  January 27, 2019, 04:53:56 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
At least you started with a great one tho.
Lasagna
#3285  January 27, 2019, 05:00:07 pm
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
At least you started with a great one tho.

That's the idea. I at least know a bit about the other titles, and I also think 2 was a great one to start with. It's nice how even the original got great VA's unlike both the predecessor and the sequel (*cough cough* Jill Sandwich *cough*).
#3286  January 27, 2019, 11:49:52 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I'd say get the original RE2 as well. Preferably the Dual Shock/PC/Dreamcast/Gamecube version so you get some extra features.

Then get RE4. That game's fuckin fantastic and Leon's in that one so you're in familiar shoes. Plus RE4 Leon is Leon at his absolute sassiest and I love that.
#3287  January 27, 2019, 11:57:13 pm
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
I'd say get the original RE2 as well. Preferably the Dual Shock/PC/Dreamcast/Gamecube version so you get some extra features.

Then get RE4. That game's fuckin fantastic and Leon's in that one so you're in familiar shoes. Plus RE4 Leon is Leon at his absolute sassiest and I love that.

Sorry, I know the image is a bit big...
Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:29:36 am by Joey S.
#3288  January 28, 2019, 12:10:41 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Its not that big too me

Anyway if you got a PS3, Resident Evil 2 is a downloadable digital title on PS Store. Its based off of the Dual Shock version I admitted so you got analog stick control and an extra mode called Extreme Battle. The Store also has Resi 1 Director's Cut but since the US Store has the Dual Shock version of Resi 1 Director's Cut, you get stuck with a rather...bad replacement soundtrack compared to the vanilla and previous Director's Cut version. I mean hey why not?
#3289  January 28, 2019, 01:11:24 am
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
The Store also has Resi 1 Director's Cut but since the US Store has the Dual Shock version of Resi 1 Director's Cut, you get stuck with a rather...bad replacement soundtrack compared to the vanilla and previous Director's Cut version. I mean hey why not?

Yep, I know of that. Even then I'd even think about getting the remake of Resi 1 over the original since... y'know. But I digress.

Jill Sandwich
#3290  January 28, 2019, 01:15:11 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Yeah, the remake is amazing stuff. Also RE Zero....eh its alright
#3291  January 28, 2019, 08:40:12 am
Skip the original RE if you can play its remake. Trust me you're not missing anything as it didn't age very well and the controls are a bit tedious. Plus, that dual shock version's music is ear bleeding.
The remake is much better and just as challenging (if not more with the added Crimson heads and Lisa).
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3292  January 28, 2019, 08:32:38 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

Picked these up yesterday, despite the bad reviews on
the hyperkin HD cable for the og Xbox...its pretty darn good!
It blows composite away and that's good for me.

Time Crisis...nothing to say its a classic.
#3293  January 29, 2019, 05:02:59 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Skip the original RE if you can play its remake. Trust me you're not missing anything as it didn't age very well and the controls are a bit tedious. Plus, that dual shock version's music is ear bleeding.
The remake is much better and just as challenging (if not more with the added Crimson heads and Lisa).

Then again if they gotta try the original, no harm in at least getting the first non-dual shocked Director's Cut.

there's even a Saturn version with the Battle Game thing.
#3294  February 01, 2019, 07:39:40 pm
  • For honor!
I actually encourage people to experience the original Resident Evil before its remake. The remake actually uses what you remember about the original Resident Evil against you and it's kinda awesome.
Iroha stripped for me
#3295  February 02, 2019, 04:09:41 am
    • Canada
I actually encourage people to experience the original Resident Evil before its remake. The remake actually uses what you remember about the original Resident Evil against you and it's kinda awesome.

I don't recommend that at all. The first resident evil games did not age well. I doubt many people under 30 could put up with the horrific tank controls and hilariously bad voice over for more than an hour.
#3296  February 02, 2019, 06:44:22 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
if you aren't able to enjoy bad voice acting in the year of our lord 2019 then how can you call yourself a
#3297  February 02, 2019, 07:09:32 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
RE1 has so many incredible voice acting highlights beyond just the well known stuff like "master of unlocking" and "Jibble sandwich"; there's so many treasures there. Just about every single line is delivered in such a baffling, strange way (almost every syllable that is emphasized is the wrong one, the strange pauses, and so on) that they truly must be experienced first-hand.

I don't recommend that at all. The first resident evil games did not age well. I doubt many people under 30 could put up with the horrific tank controls and hilariously bad voice over for more than an hour.
The tank controls are perfectly fine and honestly make the most sense out of any control scheme for a fixed-camera angle. The most recent port of REmake has more traditional 3D controls and may initially seems way better... except of course every single camera angle change throws everything completely off. There's a reason the tank controls were used in every game until RE5!
#3298  February 02, 2019, 07:24:00 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
RE1 has so many incredible voice acting highlights beyond just the well known stuff like "master of unlocking" and "Jibble sandwich"; there's so many treasures there. Just about every single line is delivered in such a baffling, strange way (almost every syllable that is emphasized is the wrong one, the strange pauses, and so on) that they truly must be experienced first-hand.

I always loved the way Barry says "I have this!" when holding up his magnum.
#3299  February 02, 2019, 08:00:16 am
  • For honor!
My favorite part will always be

Rebecca: It's me Chris!
Chris: *Waves and stares at Rebecca for 30 seconds* ...Is that you Rebecca?

And then Rebecca does not even dignify that and just immediately notices the music notes for the moonlight sonata.
Iroha stripped for me
#3300  February 02, 2019, 08:07:48 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
"This house is too dangerous, there are terrible demons... *giant spurt of blood erupts from shoulder*.... ouch"