YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1227355 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#3301  February 02, 2019, 08:12:47 am
  • For honor!
"Is that voice Enrico's?"
"yeah..."
Iroha stripped for me
#3302  February 02, 2019, 08:51:40 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Lasagna
#3303  February 02, 2019, 09:14:23 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
"Do you think we could see... Tyrant, right now?"

"Barry, you're so optimistic!!"

I still don't entirely understand what is going on in that scene once they start talking about Tyrant...

Honestly... I thought it sucked, there's not a single good thing I can remember from that game.
Absolutely gorgeous pre-rendered backgrounds, a few cool new mechanics (partner system) and dropping items (that admittedly could've been implemented better), and some fun new enemy types like the Leechmen and Eliminators (and yeah, the rest were all pretty basic and boring, but it was thematically and story appropriate to be fighting very basic enemy types instead of fancy BOWs). It's certainly the game that showed that the franchise was getting stuck in a rut and needed a major shakeup, but it's by no means bad!
#3304  February 02, 2019, 09:20:24 am
The tank controls are perfectly fine and honestly make the most sense out of any control scheme for a fixed-camera angle. The most recent port of REmake has more traditional 3D controls and may initially seems way better... except of course every single camera angle change throws everything completely off. There's a reason the tank controls were used in every game until RE5!
I honestly think that the transition to a third person view was much better for the series.
The fixed camera had its fair share of problems. The movement for example, was awkward as sometimes you had to change the direction of your movement in order to suit the different camera view.
you also couldn't control your aim and you're restricted to stand in certain places in order properly see the location of the zombies.
Now add fast enemies (the dogs for example) to that already bad mix and you're left with a pretty frustrating experience.

I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3305  February 02, 2019, 01:00:27 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
"What IS this?"
"Wow! What a mansion!"

C'mon, old RE2 hasn't aged THAT badly. RE3's pretty good too. I'd say that's worth checking out anyway.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#3306  February 02, 2019, 03:05:24 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Jill, here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.

Barry says the darndest things.
Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:36:52 pm by Joey S.
#3307  February 02, 2019, 06:52:53 pm
  • For honor!
I don't care how "bad" the visuals and tank controls have aged, I can always go back to the first 3 playstation games. I've played through Resident Evil 2 like, 50 times. Even with the remake I still have enough love in the original 2 left in me to go through it hundreds of more times.

Chris: So much for him we got to the root of the problem!
Rebecca: *No response at all. Just silently stares at Chris for like, 5 seconds before changing the subject*
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:58:57 pm by Alpaca-San
#3308  February 02, 2019, 11:38:40 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Man, I just love how we were just talking about me getting the Resi 2 Remake then it just boiled down to quoting our favorite dumb lines from other classic Resi games...

(it's beautiful.)
#3309  February 03, 2019, 07:09:02 am
"What IS this?"
"Wow! What a mansion!"

C'mon, old RE2 hasn't aged THAT badly. RE3's pretty good too. I'd say that's worth checking out anyway.

I fucking love the series. Re3 is one of favorite games ever, but its not perfect by any means.
Leon: "Don't shoot! I'm Human!"
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3310  February 03, 2019, 07:35:16 am
  • For honor!
Don't you girlies worry. I'm keeping a close eye on things. *Stands next to a window*
Iroha stripped for me
#3311  February 05, 2019, 12:30:15 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I don't care how "bad" the visuals and tank controls have aged, I can always go back to the first 3 playstation games. I've played through Resident Evil 2 like, 50 times. Even with the remake I still have enough love in the original 2 left in me to go through it hundreds of more times.

Chris: So much for him we got to the root of the problem!
Rebecca: *No response at all. Just silently stares at Chris for like, 5 seconds before changing the subject*

Hear hear.

Also here's a complimentary film for playing RE2 50 times. Its a pic of RE6 Sherry in a basketball uniform.

"Now its Wesker's time to disappear."
#3312  February 13, 2019, 10:54:57 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Although this RE2 tangent is fun, I gotta c-c-c-combo break it!

Nov. 1st (2018)
(Purchased on this date. Received on Feb. 6th 2019)

Ever since it was announced to be in development back in 2015, I had been anxiously awaiting the arrival of Kingdom Hearts III. A date was finally announced early last year for winter 2018, but as the date free near, they delayed the game for January 29th, 2019 (the first ever delay).

In preparation for the looming date, I pre-ordered the deluxe edition on November 1st and dug into my 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 to get myself ready for it.

Low and behold, rather than shipping it a few days after release . . . it shipped immediately on the 29th. I've been enjoying the game ever since.

Feb. 1st
(Purchased on this date. Received on Feb. 5th)

After enjoying the MMPR comic series by BOOM! Studios, I had to start collecting their sister series: Go Go Power Rangers. I have yet to read them, but I get the feeling this series takes place before their MMPR series. Either that, or it's the universe Lord Drakkon is from. No idea yet, but it looks to have good art and if the story is anything like their MMPR story, then I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy it.

Feb. 6th
(Purchased on this date. Received Feb. 12th)

Originally I had purchased MMPR Year Two deluxe hardcover, but I must have bought it right as it became sold out, because it was gonna take about 2-3 months to get to me. I emailed BOOM!'s customer service about it's availability and about 3 days later I get their response: there were no current plans of reprinting Year Two. That means my money was in limbo indefinitely.

I refunded my purchase and just bought the standard volumes I didn't have, which were 1-3 and 6. With some money left over I bought two Power Ranger spin-offs. Here they are:

Spoiler: My Power Ranger comic collection thus far (click to see content)
So disappointed that Year Two is currently out of stock, but hopefully there will be a reprinting in the future.
#3313  February 16, 2019, 02:18:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
^ Niiice!

Not all bought in one sitting, but spread throughout last year.

The re-released/reprinted/bundled TMNT Adventures series, all issues.
Batman TMNT vol2, 2012 series season 4 dvd set, the four Turtles in the 30 plushes from the 2012 series
and Megaman X Official Complete Works  :smug3:
#3314  February 16, 2019, 04:48:51 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Oh hey, a Megaman X artbook. Does it cover all the games up to this date or was it released some time earlier?
#3315  February 17, 2019, 03:40:43 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Impressive TMNT collection is impressive, plus MMX artbook goodness

That's a brilliant collection right there ^..^ you still growing it? And speaking of the TMNT/Batman book you got there . . . I have the other crossover one with Batman: TAS and NICK/2012 TMNT. Haven't read it yet, but it looks pretty damn cool.

And yeah, my Power Rangers collection has taken about two years as well, starting with the Year One hardcover. Gonna have to scour eBay for Year Two, and preorder the Shattered Grid hardcover. It looks fantastic!
Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:47:20 am by The Sudden Rarity
#3316  February 17, 2019, 06:28:40 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Bought an old school psx Game Shark v2.2 for $50
on Amazon and flashed it with Unirom v6 now I can
play my backups psuedo Saturn style!

#3317  February 18, 2019, 12:29:29 pm
    • Netherlands
The mmx artbook is a few years old, but covers up to Mmx8 and Irregular Hunter X. After that its Inafune sketches, then the last section is art gallery (havent started that yet). And yeah im still growing my Tmnt collection. Got a pretty dope glass cabinet with tmnt stucf, ill take pics tonight.
#3318  February 18, 2019, 08:10:04 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Yeah im still growing my Tmnt collection. Got a pretty dope glass cabinet with tmnt stucf, ill take pics tonight.

Display cases . . . I need to get some for my shit DX (no proper ventilation in my house, so stuff gets mad dusty mad quick), but yeah, I'd like to see your TMNT display case ^..^
#3319  February 19, 2019, 06:11:32 pm
    • Netherlands

There you go
Top shelf is Classics Re-issues (plus the four 2003 turtles loose),
underneat that, 2012-2017 series,
underneat that, original movie stuff,
and at the bottom it's Classics again.
Each shelf has all 4 turtles respective to the series in package. The cabinet is about 1.60 meters high.
#3320  February 19, 2019, 06:27:26 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
with some extra funds i got my hands on, ive bought a ps4 controller and cord for easier and more intuitive support across emulators and various games on my windows 10 PC. i also got my hands on a Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Portable External Hard Drive to move my fighting game collection onto. and now ive gone ahead and purchased a 2000 series PSP and 32GB memory stick for it. ill need to install CFW, but it seems rather easy to pull off on PSP. wanted a portable emulation machine with actual buttons. i had planned to homebrew my ps3 but sadly its on the latest OFW and theres no way to jailbreak that currently without doing some risky shit. so ill settle for the PSP. expect pictures soon.