YesNoOk

Why Did You Get Into MUGEN Coding? (Read 11631 times)

Started by Nep Heart, November 26, 2018, 11:45:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Why Did You Get Into MUGEN Coding?
#21  February 04, 2019, 07:57:20 am
  • For honor!
On the topic of Montana, if you can surpass him now, get your ass in gear and shit out those V conversions. His Rasetsumaru is still ~90% to me but feels off.
His stuff is very much guesswork but when I was looking at Basara's velocities in 5 Special, I noticed Montana's guesses on his conversion were shockingly close. Some of them were even essentially correct but the float was rounded to the nearest .5. He made some educated guesses alright. I wish his sprite alignment, hitboxes, and animtiming guesses were that educated.
Iroha stripped for me
#22  February 04, 2019, 11:14:51 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Haven't coded a character yet, but I do a lot of stages;

Looking forward to going the whole nine yards to perfection as I've always been a huge fan of the games of my childhood.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#23  February 14, 2019, 06:20:19 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
I can't remember exactly but I think everything started when I watched a few tutorials and I started editing some chars, was a long and fun story.
#24  March 23, 2019, 02:47:11 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Why did I get into MUGEN Coding?

Well, I always understood that MUGEN development is half of the entire experience of MUGEN, the other being actual fighting in MUGEN. And with MUGEN development, you are expected be your own coder, as well as be your own sprite artist along with a host of other occupations.

Interestingly enough, I didn't start MUGEN development until months after I started my MUGEN career. I guess that trying to program and sprite without sophisticated tools is too hard for me back then, and back then, I was just starting out high school. It took me finding out about and using Fighter Factory to really jump start my career as a MUGEN developer and contributor...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!

N_N

#25  April 04, 2019, 11:43:46 pm
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
I was looking at a character once and thought "hm this seems cool but this one thing could use fixing". Which led me to doing that...and then I found another thing I could fix, then another, and another, and so on
#26  February 27, 2020, 01:46:01 am
  • BOOM!
  • I'm a magen dade who knows how to code somewhat
    • USA
I just wanted to add EX moves to the kof chars
That will happen to you if you don't wear your seat belts, so make sure to wear your seat belts.
#27  February 27, 2020, 09:45:41 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
There wasn't a good ssj3 gotenks back in 2002...

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#28  February 27, 2020, 10:21:15 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The Ryu I had in mind hadn't been made. None of them could do a Sakura up fireball. So I changed that.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#29  February 27, 2020, 06:50:51 pm
  • Wowzers!
I wanted to be in a video game. Thanks MUGEN!!!