YesNoOk

Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note) (Read 244495 times)

Started by yaret, June 11, 2018, 05:19:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note)
#141  January 29, 2019, 06:54:09 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Sanji cannot attack or damage female characters.  Which is a nice bit of continuity with his character, but seems kind of disastrous for balance.

Also you can see both of Sanji’s eyes at once, 0/10 literally unplayable.
#142  January 29, 2019, 07:01:29 pm
lol looks like his moves can still interrupt their attacks, which isn't all that bad, especially as a striker.
so what's the difference between burito and naruto? they look the same even they even have the same moves.
Actually I was thinking it looks like they left Naruto with the big explosive techniques while they gave Boruto the smaller projectiles and the clone shenanigans. Boruto has young Naruto's techniques while Naruto moved to the sage and Kyuubi techniques.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:04:39 pm by Byakko
#143  January 29, 2019, 07:02:34 pm
    • Brazil
Sanji cannot attack or damage female characters.
This is really garbage design. Making a character literally unplayable against others is stupid and it surprises me that the goddamn retards that approved this stupid idea consider themselves game designers. This is a fucking fighting game, I don't care how Sanji is in the anime, no game should have that.
#144  January 29, 2019, 08:23:11 pm
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
You do realise this is an uber-casual game that relies on fanservice to sell copies right?
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#145  January 29, 2019, 08:31:19 pm
    • Brazil
You do realise this is an uber-casual game that relies on fanservice to sell copies right?
Irrelevant. You don't make a character literally unable to damage others in a fighting game just because its not meant to be competitive.
#146  January 29, 2019, 09:53:19 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Sanji cannot attack or damage female characters.  Which is a nice bit of continuity with his character, but seems kind of disastrous for balance.

Imagine if a female turned out to be top tier in this game?
#147  January 30, 2019, 12:12:02 am
just because its not meant to be competitive.
That's not what he said. He said it's made for fanservice, and that's what they're doing. Fanservice means making reference to the manga that the readers will get, even if that's at the cost of "balance".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#148  January 30, 2019, 12:20:09 am
    • USA

Imagine if a female turned out to be top tier in this game?

All told it's not that big of a deal.  All three characters on a team share a single health bar, so you're never going to run into a scenario where your only option is playing as Sanji vs a woman. At absolute worst, if someone deliberately counter-picks an all female team just to cripple Sanji you still have two characters to fight with and Sanji just becomes a dedicated assist.

:EDIT:  Namco had a livestream of the game and ended it with this teaser of a thing that already got leaked.

is_that_a_jojo_reference.jpg

:DOUBLE EDIT:

Dio and some asshole confirmed.

Dio gets Road Roller Da as a super, so that's cool.
Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:03:00 pm by Person Man
#149  January 31, 2019, 08:08:04 pm
    • Netherlands
GOD YESSSS
#150  February 01, 2019, 09:49:58 am
#151  February 01, 2019, 05:21:57 pm
    • USA
A bunch of screenshots of them Jojo boys.

In all fairness, Jotaro’s model here does look really good.  This art style actually makes him look like he’s seventeen years old and not a 35 year old bodybuilder for probably the first time ever.

:EDIT:  Kono Dio da!

Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:51:56 am by Person Man
#152  February 06, 2019, 01:47:34 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Woo hoo!
#153  February 06, 2019, 01:36:26 pm
    • USA
So Bandai Namco US just announced, in the most unceremonious way possible, that the roster is complete and Jotaro and Dio were the last two characters to be revealed. 

On the one hand I get it, since the game comes out next week and there isn't really enough time for there to have been any more big reveals.  But on the other hand it is more than a little disappointing that so many series got completely shafted so that the 3 biggest ones could take up more than 25% of the roster.

At this point I'm fully expecting the DLC to just be more side characters from the series that are already in.
#154  February 06, 2019, 02:13:20 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
So only 2 JoJo characters? Damn it Bandai.
On other note, is it possible that there will be future DLC chars?
#155  February 06, 2019, 02:59:13 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Literally just Deku. Yes Bamco FUCK MHA. It's not like it's your biggest cash cow right now or something. But oh a dead series like Bleach definitely deserved to have 4 characters in. And FFS we didn't need to have fucking Boa in again.

I also loathe how they tried to make this game serious and edgy by not putting any of the less serious and gag properties in. It's not a Jump crossover without characters like Gintoki, Arale and Ryotsu.
Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:04:33 pm by Mgbenz
#156  February 06, 2019, 07:03:36 pm
    • USA
Just rename the game Battle Stadium D.O.N. 2 at this point.
#157  February 06, 2019, 07:20:31 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Pretty sure the bulk of DLC will be more BNHA characters. Season 4 is scheduled for October 2019, isn't it?
#158  February 07, 2019, 12:04:33 am
    • USA
The DLC is gonna be Sakura, Ace, Gohan, Goten, and Saiyan Saga Goku.

lui

#159  February 09, 2019, 10:41:35 pm
    • USA
I also loathe how they tried to make this game serious and edgy by not putting any of the less serious and gag properties in. It's not a Jump crossover without characters like Gintoki, Arale and Ryotsu.

i can get the salt over gintoki or (kind of) arale, but iirc the reason why J-stars with its really wacky ass roster was delayed for the west in the first place was due to licensing nightmares from the more obscure franchises.

Jump Force seems to be trying to avoid that this time around for a simulrelease but atleast there's some neat picks like Ryo Saeba and Dai from the Dragon Quest manga.
#160  February 12, 2019, 04:42:44 pm
    • USA
Early access is out now and the game’s being datamined to hell and back.  So far it looks like they didn’t leave anything that directly confirms any DLC for the most part.

Spoiler: Except maybe one thing (click to see content)
Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:36:18 am by Person Man