YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17370504 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2021  December 25, 2018, 04:49:41 pm
isn't the cube is more powerful than the stones combined. thanos managed to get things done with the cube , he even lost interest cause the cube made it too easy for him. he even killed cosmic beings with the cube something even the stones can't do.
#2022  December 25, 2018, 07:51:59 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Cosmic Cube warps reality to your whim and that's it

It's very good at that job

They also have a tendency to turn into people and that's something the gems couldn't do

But it was made in a lab by guys in beekeeper outfits

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2023  December 28, 2018, 05:13:50 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
They'll probably make a part 2 or even 3 if this gets enough views or fan rage.

Thanos had access to the 'Heart Of The Universe' even the Living Tribunal couldn't stop him if I recall correctly.

Also what kind of god is Darkseid? Is he a cosmic being? Or a deity? I always assumed Anti-Monitor was the Eternity of his dimension just like Dormamu.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#2024  December 28, 2018, 05:21:05 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I sincerely doubt this'll warrant a second go.  Addendums to address those additional relics Thanos has interacted with but doesn't keep, but it's not like Goku vs Superman with shoddy info on one side and questionable lines of reasoning on the other.  And I haven't seen much actual negative backlash to it, there are other episodes with a good deal of distain for being inaccurate on the content they covered that they simply moved on from and don't look back at.  Tifa vs Yang is always the main stand-out to me in that regard, when even the RWBY guys were calling out how out of line it was, but they never redid that.  Goku vs Superman getting a sequel is an outlier in of itself and it didn't really correct anything anyways, wouldn't expect any difference from a Thanos vs Darkseid 2.

Arguably, for the best, else they'd never get to a new actual episode because there's always something new to consider "But what if...?" when it comes to these.
#2025  January 19, 2019, 09:27:47 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
DB next month
#2026  January 19, 2019, 10:01:19 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
To save time, it's Aquaman Vs. Namor, in which I find pretty interesting.
#2027  January 19, 2019, 10:50:36 pm
    • USA
Well, that's understandable but disappointing.  They were so adamant in repeating in Death Battle Cast episodes how much they would love to do an episode on Aquaman vs Yamcha, fanbase underdogs who seemingly are incredibly weak in comparison to their universe's big hitters but are much, much more powerful than initially expected.  Instead it's just another Marvel vs D.C., scrapping at the barrel edition.  And would have been even more interesting if the previous teaser was for a Splatoon character like I previously thought, see how they apply that game's mechanics to a Death Battle.

Eh.  Whatever, people get to learn about Namor now, I guess.
#2028  January 19, 2019, 11:00:47 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#2029  January 19, 2019, 11:13:49 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
If classic comics are being counted as canon than Namor has it in the bag, since he's always been a badass, whereas classic Aquaman  would literally die from being too dry.

Just from a perception standpoint, Namor has always been regarded as a powerhouse, and is frequently placed up there with the best and brightest of Marvel 616.  Aquaman, on the other hand spent a LONG time being the doof from Super Friends who could talk to fish before recent years saw writers spend a LOT of effort trying to convince readers that Aquaman wasn't as doofy as he actually is.
#2030  January 21, 2019, 01:14:02 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

I don't know a ton about Aquaman because I find him dreadfully boring (and none of the many, many attempts DC has made at trying to make him interesting/popular have worked on me), but from I can recall, his power set has been steadily amped up more and more since the days of the Super Friends; for instance, he's got some very impressive super strength (not like, Superman or Wonder Woman level, but nearabouts).

Namor, meanwhile, generally matches up in the Thing's neighborhood of super strength—which is certainly a very high weight class, one that is among the strongest of the non-cosmic Marvel characters—but is nonetheless not on the same level a Hulk or a Thor. One thing to note, however, is that Namor's strength very frequently flucates, sometimes he's portrayed as being a lot weaker, and other times he's shown as being stronger. This power disparity has actually been made explicit in comics: the explanation they came up with (which is pretty dumb IMO) is that his strength level depends on how... wet or dry he is. Yeah. So, if he's in water, he's at the absolute peak of his strength potential, but if he's on land and it's been a long time since he got hydrated, he starts to taper off. Comics are weird!
#2031  January 21, 2019, 02:34:27 am
    • Germany
They have similar Powers and weaknesses and even have similar weapons, Namor has some mental Problems and is realy arrogant if I remeber it right that is something that Aquaman could exploit, on the other hand Namor can fly and his superstrength fluctuates so much that it is hard to say how strong he realy is.

Googled a little bit and found out that Aquamen has two Tridents, one of Neptune and one of Poseidon, and the Trident of Poseidon is the more Powerfull one, would be interessting to see if he will use one of them and if Namor will use his own Trident.
#2032  January 24, 2019, 12:39:26 am
    • USA
Seaman

#2033  January 24, 2019, 12:57:36 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

Broly VS Jiren
#2034  January 30, 2019, 10:05:45 pm
    • Germany
Namor Trailer:

#2035  February 06, 2019, 07:34:26 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
DB's up.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2036  February 07, 2019, 05:09:22 am
    • USA
#2037  February 07, 2019, 05:41:16 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#2038  February 07, 2019, 05:53:34 am
    • USA
#2039  February 07, 2019, 08:33:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#2040  February 07, 2019, 07:39:29 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Are the spoilers seriously necessary for incoming fights? they make these conversations look clunky.