YesNoOk

Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Current project: BROLY! & Chi-Chi?!) (Read 149004 times)

Started by Mr. Ansatsuken, February 08, 2019, 05:30:28 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Out of these characters, what Dragon Ball character should I make next?

Beerus
Raditz
Android 18
Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Current project: BROLY! & Chi-Chi?!)
#1  February 08, 2019, 05:30:28 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
Oh hey, MFG. It's been over 2 years or something like that, lmao.
I've been busy getting myself together... having a job... etcetera. Life is so unpredictable, haha.

You know what, I made some stuff for Dan in 2016... an unfinished "Evil" mode, along other stuff.
But I never bothered to finish/post the update...
So I said to myself, how 'bout I update Dan and maybe, PERHAPS Akuma and Ryu as well?

Dan's new "Evil" and "Master" mode are basically complete. All he needs is more P a l e t t e s (and some more new intros/victory poses).

But the main reason I'm making this thread is just so you can submit your palettes for Dan (and Dudley!)
If you want, that is.

Here's the template for Dan's palettes!

And Dudley's, if you want to make any, lmao.

*EDIT: Here's the template for BROLY'S palettes!

(The previous thread from 2~3 years ago... http://mugenguild.com/forum/PHPSESSID.sslrr9okdfpvsoiuvdgui7qnd7/topics/mr-ansatsukens-wip-thread-submit-your-palettes-dandudley-here-d-176853.0.html)

The thing is... I am only updating the 1.1 versions of my chars.
(*Edit: not anymore, I'm updating the 1.0 versions as well)
Why? Well...
Because time. Updating both the 1.1 and 1.0 versions is pretty much twice the work, and takes me about 70% more time...
And that is exactly why this doesn't mean I'm back into making MUGEN stuff.
Not because I'm not interested anymore, but because of time.
Going to the job, going to the gym, practicing art, music, studying... meeting with friends, meeting with gf...
It's just not compatible with making Mugen stuff. Not for me at least.
Idk how you guys manage to make stuff for Mugen and STILL manage to have a healthy social life, haha.
If I had an infinite amount of time... there's sooo much stuff I'd like to make, man.
Like re-making my Akuma from scratch, making a Jinpachi char, a Maximilian Dood char...
Making a Ken char, a Ghost Rider char... the list goes on.

But yeah. The updates will be Mugen 1.1 only. I hope that doesn't bother ya.
So...

(I mean the whole 1.1-only thing may, MAY change. It probably only applies to Dan. Since the changes that I made for Ryu and Akuma are pretty small, and I can (will) totally patch the 1.0 versions with those changes as well.
BUT when it comes to Dan, I've done too much work and I'm not 100% sure if I'll take my time to give the 1.0 Dan the changes that I've made, lmao).

Anyway, here's what the changes for the characters are going to be:

(Taken straight from the Readme.txt):

D A N
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

A K U M A

R Y U

And here are some good ol' screenshots of Evil Dan, 'cause why tf not?

Well well, that is all for now... as I said, all the updates are basically complete. But I'll make another thread on the Releases section once I upload 'em.
Can't wait to see your palettes, haha.
(I'll add each and every single one of 'em, so feel free to make as many as you feel like, lmao).
Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 09:26:17 pm by Mr. Ansatsuken
Re: Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (I guess?)
#2  February 08, 2019, 05:53:11 am
looking forward to it.

I also need time to update my Chun....
#3  February 08, 2019, 03:15:43 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Hi! Any plans to use chuchoryu’s oni sprites on your oni?
#4  February 08, 2019, 04:15:08 pm
  • Niigasan
Cool to still see u hanging around
#5  February 08, 2019, 09:10:25 pm
    • Turkey
Your chars are the best!Thanks for not leaving us!
#6  February 08, 2019, 09:23:17 pm
    • USA
The Dan sprites... Were those the only available rips? They are huge! Just curious if anyone knew. I know it’s the same set as the original version. I was thinking about doing this exact thing, interested to see how you go about it. Will he have any moves from the Reu inspired version? I want to see those clones from the signature ha.
#7  February 08, 2019, 10:29:35 pm
  • Fear the wrath of God!
    • Poland
    • kaczor911@wp.pl
    • Skype - kaczor7871
i wonder could you make Ken with all versions? like normal, evil, violent and master mode?
#8  February 08, 2019, 11:20:51 pm
    • China
Great!
I'm looking forward to your release!
#9  February 09, 2019, 01:11:44 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Are the updates for Dan mostly heavy buffs like Ryu and Akuma? Because I don't mind missing out on Dan if it's just that. I feel like the edits you did on Ryu and Akuma are too OP compared to normal PotS characters. I liked when Dan, Dudley, and Q were just simple modern PotS conversions and nothing more. Just asking.

For Dan, it's doesn't bother me if that's true. But I do not like to use 1.1 as it's still an unfinished beta. As seen on the 1st screenshot of Dan, the palette on Evil Dan doesn't share with the lifebar portrait. It would've looked better if the lifebar portrait changed during that form, but it's a bug on 1.1 that can't be fixed so nothing can be done.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  February 09, 2019, 12:46:20 pm
  • Was it something I said?
I admit the idea of bringing back the Evil Dan from years ago, and matching the likes of PotS Ryu and Jmorph's Ken is a great idea, but I agree with Solid. Ryu and Akuma were simply too much for my taste imho, and hopefully Dan just stays in that range as well. If not, I ironically started a new Dan from your work to mostly fix the bugs, and completely forgot about it. No promises though.

Also, no palette for Dudley's rose? (And I assume no one made the CvS sprites of his butler?)
#11  February 09, 2019, 01:07:00 pm
nice to see you back  :truestory:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#12  February 09, 2019, 07:00:41 pm
oh man nice man! i cant wait for the releases! good thing i didnt use your old dan yet like you told me a while back!
#13  February 09, 2019, 08:48:37 pm
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
Made a Dudley palette based on his Start+SK color from Third Strike:
#14  February 09, 2019, 11:59:13 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
OH, RIGHT, I forgot to mention...
I made an edited version of Mwryly's Akuma too. Mostly fixed some damage distributions for Shin Akuma...
AND modified Shin Akuma's moves and movepol, JUST so he will play exactly like PotS' Shin Akuma!
Which means you can do all those crazy combos with him now, haha.
(I'll probably post him today... or tomorrow, something like that.)

AND I also edited DivineWolf's Akuma the other day.
And by DivineWolf's Akuma, I mean this guy's edit of DW's Akuma, haha.
(http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/akuma-divinewolf-small-edit-174449.0.html)
Fixed a lot of Shin Akuma's damage distributions for moves like the Tenma Shinzui Heki, etc.
AAAND, GAVE HIM A BRUTAL A.I.! Which is something he needed, lmao.

I guess I'll post both of them on my page either today or tomorrow... or, who knows, perhaps it'll take me a bit longer than that, haha.

looking forward to it.

I also need time to update my Chun....
Haha, I'm glad. By the way, it was thanks to YOU that I gave the 1.1 chars the camera-zoom effects!
(By checking you chars' code, that is).
I'm actually quite surprised that not so many creators seem to use the camera zoom mechanic more, haha.

Hi! Any plans to use chuchoryu’s oni sprites on your oni?
I mean, it's actually a pretty good idea. The thing is...
I was planning on re-making the Akuma char from scratch.
I'd totally use his Oni sprites, but like I said, it would take just too much time... which is something I don't currently have, lmao.
It's one of the many things that time won't allow me to do.
Btw, have you made any chars recently? 'Cause I've only ever seen your Seth and Kairi, which are pretty damn good, haha.

Cool to still see u hanging around
Thank you man. Btw, your Gabriella and Heavy D chars are wonderful! Haha

Your chars are the best!Thanks for not leaving us!
Haha, oh, thank you! It means a lot...
Although I doubt I'll stay for long.

The Dan sprites... Were those the only available rips? They are huge! Just curious if anyone knew. I know it’s the same set as the original version. I was thinking about doing this exact thing, interested to see how you go about it. Will he have any moves from the Reu inspired version? I want to see those clones from the signature ha.
Well well, his moves are meant to be "realistic" in the sense that they're not too far away from what Capcom would make.
Here's Evil Dan's move-list, haha.

The Shun Goku Satsu was inspired by Dan's Shun Goku Satsu in the UDON comics, the one time he tapped into
the Satsui no Hado and performed this technique.

With that in mind, he will trip and fall down if he misses the attack, lmao.
So... no clones this time, since this is purely based off "official" material and stuff.
Even though "Evil Dan" has never been an actual thing in SF games, haha.

i wonder could you make Ken with all versions? like normal, evil, violent and master mode?
Oh, HELL YEAH! This is one of the many things I had in mind.
While also giving Ken each and every single one of his moves from SF, CvS, MvC, etc.
But, but, but... time, man. Time is the only obstacle here.
Rest assured that if I had enough time... a complete Ken char is one of the very first things I'd make, lmao.
Sorry to disappoint ya.

Great!
I'm looking forward to your release!
Haha, thank you! I'm glad..

Are the updates for Dan mostly heavy buffs like Ryu and Akuma? Because I don't mind missing out on Dan if it's just that. I feel like the edits you did on Ryu and Akuma are too OP compared to normal PotS characters. I liked when Dan, Dudley, and Q were just simple modern PotS conversions and nothing more. Just asking.
I admit the idea of bringing back the Evil Dan from years ago, and matching the likes of PotS Ryu and Jmorph's Ken is a great idea, but I agree with Solid. Ryu and Akuma were simply too much for my taste imho, and hopefully Dan just stays in that range as well. If not, I ironically started a new Dan from your work to mostly fix the bugs, and completely forgot about it. No promises though.
When it comes to regular Dan, he does and plays EXACTLY like the previous Dan did.
Literally there's just not a single change for regular Dan. Except for an improved A.I., that is.
So don't worry about him being too powerful lol.
Only Evil Dan and Master Dan are different here. And yes, THEY are wayy stronger than regular Dan,
but because they should be stronger, lmao.
I ironically started a new Dan from your work to mostly fix the bugs
Which bugs? Can you please tell me if you found any?
(Btw, your Dhalsim is godlike).

So, what you 2 guys said about Akuma and Ryu.
I totally understand the thing about Akuma. His damage distribution is rather poor, that is why I was planning of re-making him from scratch.
(Whilst also adding his SFV stuff, etc).
HOWEVER, why do you think Ryu is OP and all that?
Like, does the Hanagashi have too many parry-frames? Or does the Shin Hadouken deal too much damage?
I have no idea, man. So please tell me what you think makes him OP. I personally thought he was just a lil' bit stronger than PotS'.
If you tell me what to fix, then I will fix it, haha.

nice to see you back  :truestory:
Thank you. It means a lot, haha.

oh man nice man! i cant wait for the releases! good thing i didnt use your old dan yet like you told me a while back!
Thank you, man.
Btw your chars are great. I was thinking in making some HD wind-effects for Goenitz, perhaps.

Made a Dudley palette based on his Start+SK color from Third Strike:

Finally, some sweet palettes! Haha.

Well, I'm not sure about WHEN I'll be uploading the updates, but it's probably in just a couple days.
Thank you all for the support...
Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:08:19 am by Mr. Ansatsuken
#15  February 10, 2019, 06:29:03 am
  • Was it something I said?
Which bugs? Can you please tell me if you found any?
(Btw, your Dhalsim is godlike).

From what I remember, it was mostly debug flood overflows found from the newer moves at the time. (When you had the Haoh Gadou Ken and Shisso Buraiken fresh and new.)

Thank you for the kind words. :) I would've done Dudley myself, but you got it all right.
#16  February 10, 2019, 07:23:18 am
  • Niigasan
i use your ryu in my pots style mugen i just think its his ai thats tough, other than that hes pretty normal pots char. i appreciate the compliments btw man. hope u can stick around a bit longer than u think
#17  February 10, 2019, 07:50:37 am
    • USA
#18  February 10, 2019, 12:34:00 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
The problem with Ryu and Akuma is that you gave them SFA3 commands for their supers, which none of which PotS' characters use. Basically your Ryu has an advantage toward other PotS' characters due to the accessibility with his supers. He can use level 3 versions of all his supers, which I can easily execute those instead of his specific level 3 ones as they do just as much and takes no skill to use. He's just OP for PotS' style characters specifically, so you don't technically need to fix them as it works fine if he's against all kinds of characters not just PotS' styled. That's why I stuck with just mwryly's edits only for my PotS client as his stays true to the original. Don't get me wrong, I like the edits you did to him and Akuma. It's just not good for that specific purpose.

I'm just worried when you update Dan, you would given him similar gameplay to Ryu and Akuma. I wouldn't like Dan to beat every single opponent on my PotS style roster with only level 3 Shinkuu Gadou Kens or Kouryuu Rekkas alone.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#19  February 10, 2019, 07:06:15 pm
Thank you, man.
Btw your chars are great. I was thinking in making some HD wind-effects for Goenitz, perhaps.

oh really?! oh thanks man my goenitz really need them! ill really appreciate that. cuz im gonna soon update him soon. he will have cs as well in the next update!
#20  February 11, 2019, 03:45:24 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
UPDATE:
Seeing DJMouF's PotS-styled Goku has inspired me to make an ol' project that I had in mind...
And THAT IS, A POTS-STYLED BROLY!!
But I just downloaded BoyBoyz's Broly, and unfortunately...

There are not enough sprites for a full moveset.
And by "full moveset" I mean crouching LP, MP, HP, LK, MK, HK.

Because there aren't enough sprites, I said to myself,
"Oh hey! But how 'bout you make his gameplay just like Sennou-Room's anime characters?!"
You know, having LP-MP-HP as the attack buttons, while keeping LK for Dodge, MK for Power Charge, and HK for Custom Combo / MAX Mode.

Please let me know if you like this idea. Just sayin' 'cause I never really looked into the feedback those chars (Konata, etc) received.
(And so I don't know if you guys enjoyed the gameplay of Sennou's 3-attack-button characters).
Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:56:22 am by Mr. Ansatsuken