YesNoOk

Commission someone to make fighters in MUGEN (Read 2019 times)

Started by Mkmd13, February 16, 2019, 08:33:33 am
Share this topic:
Commission someone to make fighters in MUGEN
#1  February 16, 2019, 08:33:33 am
Is there someone or someplace that I can go to to commission a MUGEN fighter at? I've always loved the Bloody Roar games, but the only fighter I've ever seen made for that series is Yugo the Wolf, so I was hoping I could commission someone to make more fighters. The one I want the most is Alice the Rabbit and I know she doesn't exist as I have looked for her everywhere.

Any information is appreciated :)
Re: Commission someone to make fighters in MUGEN
#2  February 16, 2019, 12:09:43 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Making a character is a lot of time and effort, and at the minimum requires a fair bit of coding and debugging if a template is not being used. Think of character creation in terms of an hourly job. For context, amateur coders usually charge around 30 USD an hour for web development services, so it may be around there (at the very least) so depending on the time it takes you are probably looking at several hundred USD for a detailed, "full" character with a complete gameplay system.

This is not counting spriting. Spriting a full character can also costs 100s (even thousands) of dollars depending on the detail. It can take months, even years to complete. Ripping existing sprites can also cost a sizable amount of money based on time. Then there is creating an AIR to do as well and aligning sprites. Considering you want a Bloody Roar character, you are most likely looking for custom 2D sprites. Even translating the 3D renders into sprites would take hours and lots of money.

If you're still interested, I suggest searching the Graphics board to find someone capable of fulfilling your commission. After that, its a matter of approaching a creator with an offer or some form of negotation about putting the character together.

Of course, if you want to avoid paying, you will have to learn to do all this yourself.
#3  February 17, 2019, 06:12:41 am
Wow! That is a lot more work than I thought that goes into creating a character in MUGEN! Really gives me a new appreciation of what creators can do. With those kind of prices, it would probably be better for me to try and create the character myself lol. But creating Alice would be too hard to take on for a beginner. I may have to start small with something else and work up to her.

Thank you for the information though!
#4  February 17, 2019, 08:41:46 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Sure, I recommend checking our information and guide boards, our code library and other boards. They are chock full of information and tutorials. This is one of best repositories for MUGEN information on the web, use it to your advantage.
#5  February 18, 2019, 07:57:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Wow! That is a lot more work than I thought that goes into creating a character in MUGEN! Really gives me a new appreciation of what creators can do. With those kind of prices, it would probably be better for me to try and create the character myself lol. But creating Alice would be too hard to take on for a beginner. I may have to start small with something else and work up to her.

Thank you for the information though!

The silver lining is that once you have a sprite set ready, it's a roll of dice on whether you can find someone willing to code it for free/cheap. some guys like certain characters that have no sprite set available and just by having the sprite set exisitng they might be willing to do the job; but that depends on luck.

Spriting is almost similar, but being lucky usually only means the guy might charge you less money if he is interested; like, try comissioning dampir, since he likes bloody roar he migth have already thought about doing her and soem extra money might be what he needs to start the project sooner.
#6  February 18, 2019, 08:43:49 pm
If you are disposed to pay a spriter it can be easier.

Chuchoyu is a great spriter and i think with support donations he can create it to you.

Some spriters can to request a fair price to work. Or you can become yourself a spriter too.
#7  February 18, 2019, 09:57:47 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I would hold off on commissioning Chuchoryu tbh