YesNoOk

EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Read 633675 times)

Started by Renzo F, April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
Share this topic:
Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game
#261  August 07, 2018, 10:08:59 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
(If only there was a single Fighting Layer character... :msad:)

Honestly, I've only played the actual FL game like, 3 times. I'm sure that if all goes well, they'll drop a few of them in there, but... The EX chars are the more recognizable/beloved chars. It makes sense for them to put the priority on those chars, along with the guest appearance with Terry for some added hype.

Yeah, I know the reason behind this decision of ARIKA, but... man, how I wish this peculiar game got some recognition for once...

I mean, they could've developed at least one single character that represents the other game this title originates from.

It's like if Capcom someday would say "Hey, let's raise our 3D TAG Fighting fanbase by building up a brand new IP called Rival EX Schools. But our starting roster needs to be focused only on 'previous Street Fighter characters whose backstories are related to a school', because they're characters people will feel attracted easier! :)"

I'm pretty much just nitpicking in this post, I know. But seriously, it just feels weird the way it is now.
Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:28:28 pm by NDSilva
#262  August 07, 2018, 10:32:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
???

Your post comes off a bit confusing, historically spekaing sfex was not an arika game, but a capcom game; arika got padi by capcom to make a 3d sf game; it had an interesting contract by which they were able to keep the characters they designed for it.
#263  August 07, 2018, 11:06:56 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
???

Your post comes off a bit confusing, historically spekaing sfex was not an arika game, but a capcom game; arika got padi by capcom to make a 3d sf game; it had an interesting contract by which they were able to keep the characters they designed for it.

This, along with the main idea that if this does well, you might get to see the arcade fighters show up eventually. This may very well be their "final fantasy" so to speak, scraping up their own money just to get the things to release this game. The pouring of support shows that people still do like the EX series style of fighting and the fans still pumping life into the game. How they manage to get Terry in the game I have no idea....
#264  August 07, 2018, 11:23:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
???

Thing is, later on ARIKA developed a arcade game that was published by Namco. In this game called "Fighting Layer", the characters had nothing related to the SF franchise - just like ARIKA's current game, "Fighting EX Layer".

In a game in which it's title is technically a upgrade of a past title from a game developed by the same guys, it is weird seeing their decision to initially neglect every stuff from the previous game.

Unless...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:05:57 pm by NDSilva
#265  August 08, 2018, 12:17:35 am
the characters had nothing related to the SF franchise
They did include some of their SFEX characters in it. fighting Layer is basically the fighting game that has their characters, and this FEXL game is exactly that.
Unless... Namco in fact got all the rights when publishing the original Fighting Layer, and today ARIKA don't use stuff from this game because they just can't.
That's extremely unlikely, and in fact, Namco even helped them out when Arika made FEXL. They gave them advice and possibly direct help (and maybe even money), probably on Unreal Engine 4, because at first the FEXL renders looked a lot like Tekken characters.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#266  August 08, 2018, 12:14:19 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I was under the impression that the Tekken team handed them the engine to use and they only created the characters. They made a PoC and people jumped on it. They probably did some minor engine tweaking to get the dash in's going and all that.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#267  August 08, 2018, 03:23:34 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
the characters had nothing related to the SF franchise
They did include some of their SFEX characters in it. fighting Layer is basically the fighting game that has their characters, and this FEXL game is exactly that.
Yup, my previous post was trying to reiterate that. FL was a ARIKA game that featured only their original chars, and so is FEXL.

That fact alone is why it feels weird (to me anyway) to wait this long to make a single reference to the original Fighting Layer, in a game called Fighting EX Layer!

That's it, I hopefully won't come up with more confusing complaints about this game.

DW

#268  September 05, 2018, 04:13:22 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
They released Pullum and Rosso today. I hit the lab with them both for like an half hour. Feels pretty good. I was never much of a Pullum player though. While Rosso, I just used for fun from time to time. Pullum has different walk back/fwd animations. I didn't actually look in Rosso's case, but I'll assume he does as well. This is kinda a big deal, cause it gives them more individual personality. As opposed to everyone having the same anims. I thought Terry would be there too... But no. I guess he may come later this month(hopefully)?

I don't have the time during the week, but on the weekend, I plan to practice with them more. Along with getting in some online matches with them.
#269  September 05, 2018, 04:59:25 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Terry wont be there for a while. Like don't even worry about him for a few months lol
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#270  September 29, 2018, 10:58:14 am
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
New announcement...?

Wasn't quite expecting that...
#271  December 14, 2018, 12:41:25 pm
Sorry about bumping this thread, but Arika released a schedule for FEXL for 2019 up until May.

In summary, as for when the remaining characters are going to come out (Sharon Area and Terry), they plan to release 2 characters for free and the other as paid DLC. Also some footage of Sharon being shown in the video.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the first free character will be planned to be released in late March.
Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 04:54:12 am by Gogngos
#272  December 14, 2018, 12:53:25 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
With Blair looking more modest in this game, I thought they would do the same with Sharon, glad they didn't tho, she looks amazing.
Lasagna
Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 12:57:10 pm by -Ash-
#273  December 14, 2018, 01:31:50 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Expected that Terry will be paid content.
Sharon do look neat tho.
#274  December 14, 2018, 03:52:34 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Looks like the game is getting exciting again.
#275  December 17, 2018, 10:06:54 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I just got smash, but I still throw on fexl when the ps4 title updates. I like it but the people I play with prefer SFV for some crazy reason.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#276  February 19, 2019, 11:04:43 pm
Another necrobump, but this time it's for something different rather than details about new characters:

Related Links:

The PS4 version of Fighting EX Layer has received a price reduction as shown above (for all regions). Additionally, the Light Version of the game on PS4 will also no longer be sold. The game is now sold as the Standard Version with all Characters and all Gougi Decks.

For those who have bought the Light Version, The DLC for that version (Hokuto and Additional Gougi Decks) have now been made significantly cheaper for people to catch up to the Standard Version of the Game.
Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 12:02:42 am by Gogngos
#277  February 20, 2019, 01:49:21 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I've been playing D. Dark and Sanane and I love them. I have also been learning Shadowgeist but I cant hit his command grab consistently.
#278  February 22, 2019, 03:13:21 am
As for myself, I've been having fun with Garuda's new buff to one of his special moves in the latest update that was released several days ago this week. I am also taking my time getting used to the changes made to jumping attacks and cross-ups.
Overall, I am looking forward to see what other changes and adjustments Arika will make for future updates.

I am also loving the new music tracks they have added to the game in this update as well. They give the stages that they are associated with a more distinct feeling compared to before.
#279  March 23, 2019, 01:35:09 pm
New update coming out on 26 March (JST)/25 March (PST):

Both Sharon and Terry will be released on this update, with the latter being a paid DLC character ($4.99).

Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 09:46:55 pm by Gogngos
#280  April 01, 2019, 05:51:18 am
Sorry about the triple post. Arika posted a video today about a delay in their character release schedule.
(It is April Fool's day, but the delay in their schedule is not an April Fool's joke.)

Area has been revealed, but due to the delay that was announced, they are planning for a June/July release but do not have a definitive date at the moment.
https://twitter.com/FightingExLayer/status/1112544089679945730

Also an iOS and Android version of the game titled "Fighting EX Layer -α" was released today for free. (Yes this is real.)
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1454483160
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.arika.cps025
Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 06:06:56 am by Gogngos