YesNoOk

p2name, enemyname, enemynear trigger issues! Team Modes (Read 2161 times)

Started by junkerde, February 21, 2019, 09:48:06 am
Share this topic:
p2name, enemyname, enemynear trigger issues! Team Modes
New #1  February 21, 2019, 09:48:06 am
Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:20:56 am by junkerde
Re: p2name, enemyname, enemynear trigger issues! Team Modes
#2  February 21, 2019, 09:58:54 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  February 21, 2019, 08:11:41 pm
It just really doesnt make sense, im reading hte mugen docs and enemynear SHOULD return that of the nearest enemy anyway, which is what I want the function to do, the nearest enemy who is going to grapple my character will trigger my character to change animation based on their name. Im gonna pull my hair out!! Why doesnt enemy,near work as it should in team mode? Its irrational that in team mode enemynear is BOTH enemy1 and 2, so it doesnt matter who goes into a grapple state, it will always default to player 2's custom animation change for my character which then messes up enemy 1's custom states enormously, because its detecting them as 1 thing!
#4  February 22, 2019, 04:41:08 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
It just really doesnt make sense, im reading hte mugen docs and enemynear SHOULD return that of the nearest enemy anyway, which is what I want the function to do, the nearest enemy who is going to grapple my character will trigger my character to change animation based on their name. Im gonna pull my hair out!! Why doesnt enemy,near work as it should in team mode? Its irrational that in team mode enemynear is BOTH enemy1 and 2, so it doesnt matter who goes into a grapple state, it will always default to player 2's custom animation change for my character which then messes up enemy 1's custom states enormously, because its detecting them as 1 thing!

MUGEN is wack. Coming from experience, you should never use enemy or enemynear (unless you decide to abandon Simul Mode). In your case, I suggest you to find some workaround with enemy(0) and enemy(1) instead.
#5  February 22, 2019, 05:04:24 pm
Dang, now I'm just getting rid of that code in a few of the characters I had, didnt know it was buggy in simul mode or more like I hadnt noticed yet. Ended up deleting the pile of code from my character, and having a custom state written and added in the animation file for the rest of the characters. Its a convoluted solution, but its a solution and its working fine. Yikes!
New #6  February 22, 2019, 10:14:10 pm
Have to reopen this again, Im going to go BALD from pulling out my hair!!! I have absolute video proof of my method working yesterday as I had streamed to a friend, using "target,name =" on each character, with my video CELARLY showing the animations working. Turn on my laptop today to see literally everything breaking. Any thoughts on why "target,name" would not work? I have literally done nothign to these characters since then, it just baffles me that I have clear video proof of everything working. Target,name is no longer working.

Target code seems to put my characters animation at 0, for everyone. Not sure what hte problem is.

Losing my mind here, does mugen have a mind of its own and just not work some days? Losin it. Maybe I've finally met the limitation of this engine, doing TAG AND a transformation code at the same time, I guess its just too much. But it literally worked yesterday with the code above, I tried from scratch again today and now its exhibiting abnormal behavior.
Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:18:46 am by junkerde
New #7  February 22, 2019, 11:13:06 pm
Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:19:02 am by junkerde
New #8  February 23, 2019, 02:40:30 am
Ok I hope I dont have to open this topic again, but I found an even more complicated convoluted way to do this to work in simul.
Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:21:17 am by junkerde
#9  February 23, 2019, 03:28:13 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Since you're making a full game you could make the gethit animations and states part of the chars. So when they are getting hit you're just self stating them.
#10  March 05, 2019, 10:16:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#11  March 05, 2019, 05:55:44 pm
yeah oops the changeanim wasnt supposed to be in the copy paste. just the changestate. I ended up solving it out another way (renumbering some state numbers). But thank you for the link that's helpful! same with throws when some characters are coded with P2Stateno in simul mode, just changed it to targetstate instead and no more of that buggy behavior in simul.