YesNoOk

DIO (Update 11/22/2019) (Read 27941 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, February 14, 2019, 02:38:51 pm
Share this topic:
DIO (Update 11/22/2019)
#1  February 14, 2019, 02:38:51 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Jump Force Road Roller looks lame.

Changelogs:
- More effects!
- Stylish Cancel from ASB is now available.
- Added 1 HP/sec regen 'cause vampire lore.
- While being offscreen after WRYYY, DIO now can use Checkmate.
- No more Stand Bar misalignment.
- No more MUDA MUDA MUDA sound glitch.
- During non-stand mode, DIO now can use hypers with The World being active.
- Adapted with a more lenient canceling rule.
- Reworked "The World: Toki wo Tomare": Now a LV5 Hyper. Air-usable. Stop time for 5 seconds. During time-stop, WRYYYY is replaced by Checkmate. Knives won't hurt opponents until time resumes. Using hypers during stopped time won't cost power.
- Reworked "Chi no Shoukan": Now a LV3 Hyper. Input changed to x,x,F,y,z. Now heals DIO upon a successful contact. Can hit OTG.
- Updated face-grabbed ports for "Chi no Shoukan". Other than characters from JJHFTF, now "Chi no Shoukan" will display special ports for the following characters:
+ Requiem Giorno by Amarimono.*
+ Koichi Hirose by Amarimono.*
+ Johnathan Joestar by Amarimono.
+ Bruno Bucciarati by Amarimono.
+ Pannacotta Fugo by Amarimono.*
+ Trish Una by Amarimono.
+ Leone Abbacchio by Amarimono.
+ Rudolf von Stroheim by Heal The World.
+ Deadpool by almost anyone.*
+ Sakuya Izayoi by RicePigeon (both IZ and GR version).
+ Hotaru Futaba by Nep Heart.
*: Including my edits.
- And more changes that I don't remember atm.

And again, special thanks goes to:
Warusaki3 for the original char.
S.n.Y and ouchi for the effects.

Download (Updated): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SCkQS3_-Z_oBiUOhcSJy7jNGazgPb7Mh
1.0 version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p8z85uck7d71jbs/DIO.rar/file
Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:27:31 pm by Mr. Giang
Re: DIO (Remastered)
#2  February 14, 2019, 06:48:03 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
You thought it was just another Dio Edit, but was i... The real deal ME all along!
#3  February 14, 2019, 10:37:58 pm
    • Australia
Just passed by, and can't stop notice how the timestop of Dio is just five seconds?
if i remember the anime, he can stop it for nine after drank Joseph blood, and he become's more used to it while alive, cause vampire, someone can correct if i did a mistake
#4  February 14, 2019, 11:22:24 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Just passed by, and can't stop notice how the timestop of Dio is just five seconds?
if i remember the anime, he can stop it for nine after drank Joseph blood, and he become's more used to it while alive, cause vampire, someone can correct if i did a mistake

It was 11 seconds in the manga, but I somehow feel that would require a bit more balancing measures on Mr. Giang's part to make that work.
#5  February 14, 2019, 11:55:50 pm
  • Look out for falling Roadrollers
    • USA

It was 11 seconds in the manga, but I somehow feel that would require a bit more balancing measures on Mr. Giang's part to make that work.

Definitely, imagine having to somehow nerf 9-11 seconds of supers in such a way that'd it be balanced. Also nice release Mr.Giang
#6  February 15, 2019, 01:07:35 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

Definitely, imagine having to somehow nerf 9-11 seconds of supers in such a way that'd it be balanced. Also nice release Mr.Giang

Thanks! 9 second time stop with 5-bar ain't fun guys. Also I loosely base this DIO on his first encounter with the Egypt tour group (not his final form), which he could only time stop for 5 secs.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:30:50 am by Mr.Giang
#7  February 15, 2019, 02:54:58 am
    • Australia
Ok, thanks for clariphy. I understand, if is based on the first encounter is true, he couldn't at that time. I really like what you did with his bloodshucking move. That sayd, do you plan on making somethin based on the empowered form after absorving joseph's blood? or maybe any palete? just wanted to asking to you that, its ok even if not
#8  February 15, 2019, 05:15:42 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Ok, thanks for clariphy. I understand, if is based on the first encounter is true, he couldn't at that time. I really like what you did with his bloodshucking move. That sayd, do you plan on making somethin based on the empowered form after absorving joseph's blood? or maybe any palete? just wanted to asking to you that, its ok even if not

Apparently, I don't really plan to work on multiple DIO though. One feels enough for me.
Re: DIO (1.0 Release)
#9  February 21, 2019, 02:28:10 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
1.0 version of DIO is now available, go get him!
#10  February 21, 2019, 03:04:24 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Personally, I think you should include the link to your characters in your topics. Its not against the rules to put them behind a youtube video description, but loading videos can be inconvenient for users on limited data or bandwidth. Just something to consider.
#11  February 22, 2019, 04:11:52 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Personally, I think you should include the link to your characters in your topics. Its not against the rules to put them behind a youtube video description, but loading videos can be inconvenient for users on limited data or bandwidth. Just something to consider.

That makes sense actually. No biggie, I have updated the post with my download link.
#12  February 28, 2019, 07:38:45 pm
    • USA
not to be a dickhead and bump this old post but... 1) you're gonna need us to have a way to disable unotag for you're edits, 2)let the re-edited characters have more than 1 palette, that gets really fucking annoying when I can't tell who's who in a mirror match. other than that they're really good, including Dio since now he's actually balanced(plus all the odd glitches patched out).

BTW Dio's palettes are broken, tired to make some extra ones myself but it's only tied to him not his stand nor his stand rush portrait, witch requires a sff edit just to change it's color.
Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:52:57 pm by duwangjohnson
#13  March 02, 2019, 08:39:32 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
not to be a dickhead and bump this old post but... 1) you're gonna need us to have a way to disable unotag for you're edits, 2)let the re-edited characters have more than 1 palette, that gets really fucking annoying when I can't tell who's who in a mirror match. other than that they're really good, including Dio since now he's actually balanced(plus all the odd glitches patched out).

BTW Dio's palettes are broken, tired to make some extra ones myself but it's only tied to him not his stand nor his stand rush portrait, witch requires a sff edit just to change it's color.

1/ My edits are literally meant to be played in Tag Mode. Simul Mode is just outright broken and could make a lot of mechanics I coded in unable to work properly, which I simply could not afford myself to fix.
2/ CS is boring and I dont find enough motivaton to work on it so if you dont use default pallete, glitches are expected. Also, most Tag game doesnt allow mirror matches, which most of my edits are based on.
While your concerns are legit, I have to admit that those will not be changed due to my lack of motivations to work on stuffs that Im not entirely interested in (Original Simul mode and palletes). Sorry about that.
#14  March 09, 2019, 09:12:52 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Added missing landing effects.
- Fixed a glitch that sometimes makes Tandem unable to cause wallbounce to opponents after Time Stop.
- Stylish Cancel now has penalty cost, similar to my Diavolo.
Re: DIO (Update 3/9/2019)
#15  March 09, 2019, 06:43:30 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Your Mediafire link is not working. :(
This is fate.
#16  March 10, 2019, 01:52:41 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
#17  March 21, 2019, 11:29:03 pm
    • USA
1/ My edits are literally meant to be played in Tag Mode. Simul Mode is just outright broken and could make a lot of mechanics I coded in unable to work properly, which I simply could not afford myself to fix.
2/ CS is boring and I dont find enough motivaton to work on it so if you dont use default pallete, glitches are expected. Also, most Tag game doesnt allow mirror matches, which most of my edits are based on.
While your concerns are legit, I have to admit that those will not be changed due to my lack of motivations to work on stuffs that Im not entirely interested in (Original Simul mode and palletes). Sorry about that.

I get you, but Hey at the very least you listened to the concerns(Most People usually don't expect someone to really check mugen characters out to make sure they play nice). Like I said, those are really the only 2 problems(Palettes Don't Work, Uno Tag) I have with you're re-edits sans minor bugs and quality of life stuff. I can't thank you enough for that at the very least, once Again not to bump up this thread but... I gotta give you credit where it's due. Especially since they aren't OP like before, actually are fun to watch, play against and play as.
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:32:38 pm by duwangjohnson
Re: DIO (Update 5/5/2019)
#18  May 05, 2019, 02:09:46 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Fixed all debug floods.
- Fixed several Tag issues.
- Fixed a glitch which makes The World sometimes stuck on the stage.
- Fixed a glitch which sometimes makes Kanji FX unable to go away.
#19  May 06, 2019, 11:34:30 pm
  • Internet User
    • USA
This character is a great newer DIO but why doesn't it recognize my winquotes?
#20  May 08, 2019, 03:16:54 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
This character is a great newer DIO but why doesn't it recognize my winquotes?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Working fine to me. Are you sure you didn't mess anything up?