YesNoOk

Capcom X Snk  (Read 792803 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, September 09, 2014, 06:08:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom X Snk
#921  February 19, 2019, 01:22:51 am
    • USA
That is the lastest “most compatible” version. I know right? Lol that’s what happened to me years ago, never turned back, never will. The arcade stuff alone had me sold mainly because I’m making my own storyline.

I know it isn’t the best & I was only really trying to replicate alpha 3 as a base, but I started trying to make endings, will also do prologues, cutscenes etc. It’s all a process though, definitely show me your progress on your project, always interested to see work being done.
#922  February 19, 2019, 03:27:29 am
Man that looks great! I saw the videos on your channel too. Have any idea how 2 v 2 with 4 human controllers work? I read somewhere Ikemen could do it, but since im new to this im not sure where to start or edit files, etc.

Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 03:30:42 am by junkerde
#923  February 19, 2019, 03:40:52 am
    • USA
You just change the controls for that particular player, not much too it. Someone just asked that question on the Ikemen GO thread, check it out as he gave a detailed answer how to do so.
#924  February 19, 2019, 04:06:10 am
edit: figured out how to not have to click ctrl 3+4 everytime, set ai difficulty in config.json, or if using ikeman plus, the config ssz diffiuclty to 0.

Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 05:38:02 am by junkerde
#925  February 19, 2019, 05:40:30 am
Ok after going through the different versions, which Ikemen is more complete? Im reading the faq but people have so many forks, Im using at the moment the Official Ikeman GO Plus K4THOS build, also the Ikemen GO Plus Gacel build, and the recent Ikemen Plus 0.3 build. Im not sure which one is more stable, I don't want to be limited on my game if so (because im reading stuff about missing victory screen implementation etc with the GO Plus fork, dont know if that has changed. Might be a deal breaker if certain things arent supported)
#926  February 19, 2019, 09:01:28 am
    • USA
They all are kinda discontinued by their original creators so its hard to say. Ikemen Go is the newest, but missing mp3 support etc. You aren't even going to know what issues they have until you try to do something with them so its case specific really. There are only limits when you set them yourself. You can already do everything mugen can and more modes wise. The only thing is full SP support. If you don't need a fancy 1.1 SP, you are good to go already. You should start by making your own project thread, keep working until you hit a wall, thats when you'll know.

I don't really make templates, but these are indexed already so you can use if anyone wants to make a pal

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#927  February 19, 2019, 11:19:09 am
    • USA
Here is a sample, author can provide more details.

Let me gas up @Fanime: a lil more..

Ahhh I need to go to sleep!

I'm just saying... If we can't get new sprites all the time, lets improve on those we do have. I know things are different now.. Don't you ever get that itch to try something new? To see if you can actually complete it?
Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 11:29:13 am by ;x
#928  February 19, 2019, 11:48:22 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Not everyone has the time to devote to it, though I understand your sentiment about pushing people to do their own thing. Just consider people are going to have outside obligations aside from the hobby, it'll make the stagnation seem less frustrating. Capcom gets to innovate as they do cause the ppl doing it are getting paid.
#929  February 19, 2019, 05:36:00 pm
They all are kinda discontinued by their original creators so its hard to say. Ikemen Go is the newest, but missing mp3 support etc. You aren't even going to know what issues they have until you try to do something with them so its case specific really. There are only limits when you set them yourself. You can already do everything mugen can and more modes wise. The only thing is full SP support. If you don't need a fancy 1.1 SP, you are good to go already. You should start by making your own project thread, keep working until you hit a wall, thats when you'll know.

EDIT: Ikemen Plus 0.3 ended up working better for me, have many issues with GO and GO Plus. But I decided like you said, develop something for ikemen and see what walls I run into to see the full extent of things. I've decided not to port hte main game to ikemen fully, but only as a side build.
Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 06:48:13 pm by junkerde
#930  February 19, 2019, 08:07:38 pm
    • USA
It goes without saying that, we make time for the things we want to make time for. No one has any obligation to do anything, it’s more so for those who are still serious about making stuff. Not to make stuff for mugen, but to improve on certain skills, especially for artists. For the knowledge, not the end result. It isn’t my place to say, I know, I was just saying. It’s not limited to hobbies or anything specific. Whatever you do, why not try your best. It’s not really a statement, just an opinion.

Just compare and contrast Jim. Look at the tutorial/guides for it.
#931  February 19, 2019, 08:26:44 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Gatting new sprites mostly depends  if it's a comission or if the spriter has time and likes the character. Jmorphman's take on Chun Li is the most complete version of her and I can proudly say I collaborated on it. Not paid, but as I like the caracter a lot, I offered my help to him, who gladly accepted.

I wish I could know to code properly because I have some ideas in my head, but, unfortunately, can't translate them into a real game.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#932  February 20, 2019, 12:05:30 am
    • USA
Indeed, but I bet you also love seeing your work in action. I say, focus on what you are good at, polish that skill as you have and continue to do. Aren’t you working on a ton characters? Ash? Leona? What happened to those? I agree on paid stuff, but as you are saying, usually when you “don’t” want to do something it then is work. I’m talking about the stuff you personally want to do. What are your ideas? Please tell me?
#933  February 20, 2019, 01:50:12 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Maybe I have not expressed myself properly. English is not my first language AND I have to add that I'm a bit direct while speaking. It was not my intention to start an arguement or a flamewar. I do believe in collaboration between authors, no matter if they're spriters or coders.

From this point on, I reply your question:
Not working on a ton of characters. I'm currently in the last etapes of Ash(just have to do the crouch and special attacks. AND THAAAAT'S AAAAALL :woeh: ). I also received green light from Dampir to revamp/fix her XII to CvS Leona sheet. Aside fixing shading, I'm making an extense CS for her. I'm also interested in converting Shiki, but an EASY port, just changing the shading and sooo small fixes(mostly in the legs).

Also, my idea is something original. Capcom shading inspired(mostly like translating SFV style into 2D) a bigger size and original characters buuuut, just a dream :/.
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:55:58 am by FeLo_Llop
#934  February 20, 2019, 02:10:36 am
    • USA
Hmm? Where did that first part come from? Flame war? You said everything right, I understood. Who commissioned those Ash sprites, if it isn’t anonymous. Curious if anyone had planned to make him using those sprites. I would. Same with Leona. I thought you were also working on Viewtiful Joe and some others? I personally would like to see that Crimson Viper revamped. Whatever sprites you make, I can use, will use. Aside from not wanting to cs Chizuru at this point I’m time lol. Why is it just a dream? Let’s make it happen? If you have ideas for a game etc, please elaborate. I need some inspiration myself. I’m not really interested in making a “game” persay. I’m interested in seeing if I can actually implement my ideas. Whatever you suggest may be more simple that you know.
#935  February 20, 2019, 12:50:30 pm
    • USA
I know it isn't what you meant, but I've been trying to do something similar with supers/ultras, especially those that use dynamic camera angles.
#936  February 21, 2019, 11:26:46 pm
you were talking about before how theres no name display for 3+ characters on a team? But thats already possible, I have it along side the 3rd/4th players life bar in ikemen plus. not sure if thats what youre talking about. if not, then nevermind I guess
#937  February 25, 2019, 12:01:44 am
    • USA
Let's see it then? I've never been particularly interested in 3v3, it can easily be done, though I haven't seen what you suggest yet.

Forgot to post these, I only get down-votes when I post on this forum :mcry: those few haters, but for the sake of advancement.. The turn-out & reception is mostly positive and more people are getting interested in Ikemen so it all worked out.

@MangeX: @Gacel: Where do you suggest I look for inserting something like this?"A new Challenger has interrupted the tournament", or just inserting cut-scenes mid arcade mode https://youtu.be/hnSB3FXOD_A?t=972. Most likely storyboard.lua I figure. Has anyone looked at this? Is anyone interested in this? Trying to.. Get it setup to sometime similar to Alpha 3, which I've already managed to do, but could still use some work.
with a mix of cvs2 interruptions. Geese/Bison, Akuma/Rugal

So far, made a lot of progress on dialogue, similar to SVC/KOFXIII every character has script with one another & mirror, but now working on doing this universally instead of individual characters. Trying to use this setup to replicate Garou's win screen, if anyone is familiar with it, it shows the stage background instead of going to a separate screen, unless it is a separate screen with darkened versions of each stage.

Has anyone tested the online on Go yet? I'd been experimenting with this, very little.. Haven't had any success getting it to work yet
When selecting the character, changing the animation, this should already be doable no? Many have requested this feature.
#938  February 25, 2019, 12:11:55 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

I've watched these Mortal Kombat Mugen videos in the Past. I was surprised to see them be able to run multiple ladders in one game complete with the intermissions.
It appears they (atleast the Project ones) utilize a thing called MugenHook which I hadn't found a direct download for.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#939  February 25, 2019, 12:28:33 am
Let's see it then? I've never been particularly interested in 3v3, it can easily be done, though I haven't seen what you suggest yet.

Mind the bad formatting of the fonts and lifebars, this literally was just on my end to experiment if 3 lifebars and 3 names was possible, which it is. Im not sure if this is what youre talking about. I can make the same thing in GO, which Ive been messing with for a few days

Is this what you're talking about with name display? BTW, great job on the progress so far man, I really like the work! Its  great to have guys like Gacel and the 2 others to keep developing this thing that was abandoned, I truly feel it has way more potential.
Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:19:37 am by junkerde
#940  February 25, 2019, 01:13:52 am
    • USA
I've watched these Mortal Kombat Mugen videos in the Past. I was surprised to see them be able to run multiple ladders in one game complete with the intermissions.
It appears they (atleast the Project ones) utilize a thing called MugenHook which I hadn't found a direct download for.
Yeah, they use some frontend right? That's what I'm interested in more than anything. New features. We can already do the ladders themselves, but not the intermissions. Hype just thinking about it.. The character select, this was way before we could do this without the cursor trick. It just needs that final touch. Universally characters using 181/195 when selected etc. Also when you pick the character, having that characters name be called, or a unique sound to them.

Mind the bad formatting of the fonts and lifebars, this literally was just on my end to experiment if 3 lifebars and 3 names was possible, which it is. Im not sure if this is what youre talking about. I can make the same thing in GO, which Ive been messing with for a few days

Is this what you're talking about with name display? BTW, great job on the progress so far man, I really like the work! Its  great to have guys like Gacel and the 2 others to keep developing this thing that was abandoned, I truly feel it has way more potential.
Yeah, I haven't downloaded the recent stuff, I spend more time working on in-game stuff. If it's already possible, all someone has to do is make compatible life-bars. I may experiment with 119way's KOF EXTRA, to make a true KOF 3v3, but the appeal is really there for those of you whom are interested in Vs. style game-play.