YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734188 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1461  February 21, 2019, 07:30:54 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
SE being hard to work with is kinda irrelevant. cloud was included in the world's most popular crossover franchise, thats a big thing, in terms of precedence and also content and just selling copies of the game. that he doesn't get representation in terms of music and spirits is unfortunate, but its really a nitpick in the grand scheme of things considering he is a fully fleshed character and not an assist trophy which is what most people thought was gonna happen.

i imagine SE isnt gonna get more involved than they already are, and they are being really stingy, but still, i dont see how his inclusion was a "mistake." theres been no actual argument as to why that is.
Honestly, the fact that Square Enix IS so stingy with Final Fantasy representation is why I think adding Cloud was a mistake.
If you're gonna add a FE rep as a playable, but will be absolutely horrid in terms of FE representation almost everywhere else, then why even fucking bother at this point?
Either go all out or don't even try.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns

lui

#1462  February 21, 2019, 11:36:03 pm
    • USA
jesus christ

im just happy he's in the game at all good lord

i really don't see the benefit of removing characters for the sake of a silly reason like that. yes sure, he's not repped well but he's there. what are you gonna do? cry about him being there in the first place?

for a game all about repping gaming history and extending hands to other franchises to join in, you guys sure are close minded about characters "deserving" to be in or not.

it's silly, grow up. wanting a character removed for lack of songs or other reasons like that means that nobody wins in the end.
#1463  February 21, 2019, 11:39:19 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Dang, I don't like Pac's inclusion for the same reason as this Cloud debacle, but what can you do? Copyright laws are a bitch.
#1464  February 22, 2019, 12:40:37 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
What the hell are you on about?  There's a shitload of Pac-Man and Namco content in Ultimate.
#1465  February 22, 2019, 01:43:20 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
He doesn't like Pac-Man's moveset so the game is trash to him.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1466  February 22, 2019, 02:40:12 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Why is moving on such a foreign concept for some people? I could list multiple things about Smash Ultimate that I wish could have been done, but I'm not gonna sit here at my keyboard wailing about how something was a mistake and shouldn't be there because it wasn't pulled off the way I wanted it. Does it suck that FF only has two songs and absolutely no spirits in Smash? Yeah, but at the same time Cloud is still a lot of fun to use and Midgar is still a cool stage. These things shouldn't instantly make the entire game a dud.

Some people are just born to be disgruntled I guess.
#1467  February 22, 2019, 03:07:45 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Why is moving on such a foreign concept for some people? I could list multiple things about Smash Ultimate that I wish could have been done, but I'm not gonna sit here at my keyboard wailing about how something was a mistake and shouldn't be there because it wasn't pulled off the way I wanted it.

Some people are just born to be disgruntled I guess.

You know, I was pretty much the same way with Sonic Forces. After playing it through, I was SUPER upset that the rumors being made online about the game weren't true like "Silver will be playable!" and "Someone will die in the game's storyline!".

While it did take a while to pull off (and discouraged YEARS of being in the fandom), I moved on with myself, forgot about the whole game and left the Sonic Fandom altogether.

If a little kid like me can move on from something disappointing like Forces, as well as this whole SSBU ordeal, then SURELY some grown adults can... right?
Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:12:46 am by Joey S.
#1468  February 22, 2019, 03:16:49 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The quantity of FFVII content in Smash prior isn't particularly shocking anyways, it was THE FF title to break away from Nintendo and garnered a generation of fans outside the circle of Nintendo's Final Fantasy titles, not to mention leading to the creation of Kingdom Hearts.  Going forward, seeing they're pushing the news of these titles other consoles missed out on getting ported around, sure, would be fair to expect the next Smash game to bump the content, but even by Smash Ultimate's announcement it wasn't outside the realm of expectance that the non-Nintendo rep there would get the bare minimum, his presence is all the present you get.

For example if this ballooning partnership Nintendo's currently having with Microsoft recently carried over to an eventual inclusion of Master Chief, as noteworthy a character in the medium's iconography, I wouldn't honestly expect a whole lot, just John himself, and an Installation 04 map or I dunno, Cario Station or The Ark, some Mjolnir Mix soundtrack and call it a day.  Because Master Chief being in at all would be mind-blowing.  Conversely, if they went for Banjo & Kazooie or Joanna Dark, something with a more intimate Nintendo history, then yeah, I would expect more than the character, a map and required music, the bare minimum.

That's not to say I LIKE it, but it's just understandable.
#1469  February 22, 2019, 07:38:21 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
jesus christ

i really don't see the benefit of removing characters for the sake of a silly reason like that. yes sure, he's not repped well but he's there. what are you gonna do? cry about him being there in the first place?

for a game all about repping gaming history and extending hands to other franchises to join in, you guys sure are close minded about characters "deserving" to be in or not.

it's silly, grow up. wanting a character removed for lack of songs or other reasons like that means that nobody wins in the end.

It was a mistake in retrospect for Sakurai and Nintendo since working with SE for the game was a nightmare for them. It has nothing to do with our personal opinions on Cloud himself. Of fucking course I love Cloud being in the game. I'm an absolute die hard FF fan. You're the ones taking our posts out of context.
#1470  February 22, 2019, 02:04:25 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
You still haven’t  demonstrated how it’s a mistake lol. Clouds inclusion is making them a big return on investment lol

lui

#1471  February 22, 2019, 02:09:52 pm
    • USA
jesus christ

It was a mistake in retrospect for Sakurai and Nintendo since working with SE for the game was a nightmare for them.

that's....not a mistake? his inclusion gives a ton of SE fans reason to buy the game even more

why are you speaking for sakurai as if you know for a fact he considers it a mistake? there are alot of things that are hard to do and get in life, doesn't mean they're mistakes though. If Sakurai really had a hard time putting Cloud in and STILL went through with it, it just shows how much he REALLY wanted him to be included in the first place.

no, im not taking things out of context, the context is completely presented to me obviously in my face right now.

you're still not making any valid points my dude. you don't even HAVE the game in the first place, hell you had to be corrected on the fact that he's in WOL, just unlocked later on.
#1472  February 22, 2019, 05:30:13 pm
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
Don't mind me, just trying to wrap my head around why the whole sub-forum went from THIS:
Cloud was a mistake to put in Smash, to be honest.
... to THIS:
It was a mistake in retrospect for Sakurai and Nintendo since working with SE for the game was a nightmare for them.

that's....not a mistake? his inclusion gives a ton of SE fans reason to buy the game even more

why are you speaking for sakurai as if you know for a fact he considers it a mistake? there are alot of things that are hard to do and get in life, doesn't mean they're mistakes though. If Sakurai really had a hard time putting Cloud in and STILL went through with it, it just shows how much he REALLY wanted him to be included in the first place.

no, im not taking things out of context, the context is completely presented to me obviously in my face right now.

you're still not making any valid points my dude. you don't even HAVE the game in the first place, hell you had to be corrected on the fact that he's in WOL, just unlocked later on.

If a little kid like me can move on from something disappointing like ... this whole SSBU ordeal, then SURELY some grown adults can... right?
(perhaps not.)
no need to report... yet.
Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:42:34 pm by Joey S.
#1473  February 22, 2019, 06:23:22 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Bud, don't threaten to call the mods if you don't like how the wind is blowing in a discussion. It's not a good look.

If you think something is report worthy then report it simply and swiftly, we'll stop in and let you know whether it's something worth working.

For the record, nah not yet
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1474  March 02, 2019, 05:34:09 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
opinions about smash are bad for topics, some people like to settle for less, some people like to have a bit more juice.
at least incineroar has the n word pass
this website is stupid
#1475  March 03, 2019, 03:34:51 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Spoiler: More potential datamine info (click to see content)
#1476  March 04, 2019, 04:37:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
or she is jane d'arc by any of all those weeabo games that have had jane de arc lately.
#1477  March 04, 2019, 04:43:01 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I can't believe Joker was freaking Jane de Arc this whole time.
#1478  March 04, 2019, 03:57:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, I was also surprised by king solomon.
#1479  March 05, 2019, 04:09:45 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Are you guys serious?
There's NO way that Nintendo add a Fate character in Smash!
This is fate.
#1480  March 06, 2019, 02:37:48 am
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
There's NO way that Nintendo add a Fate character in Smash!

Eh. It's always possible. Unlikely, but still possible.
We got Joker anyways, didn't we?

(Also an unofficial Smash ballot came about, and I decided to vote for Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress 2.)