YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 209212 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#81  February 27, 2019, 02:44:14 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Actually, I never played a SamSho character in mugen, still tho, seems too much even for SamSho standards.
Lasagna
#82  February 27, 2019, 02:46:13 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
well its over the top in the spirit of the games so im fine with it
#83  February 27, 2019, 02:57:36 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Don't forget the damage output when you have a full super bar is always daft in SamSho. You had to make sure you didn't leave yourself wide open for a heavy slash or worse when the opponent had full meter.

TiE

#84  February 27, 2019, 03:04:43 pm
  • used the search button
    • Germany
In samsho3 you wasted any opponent with 3-4 hard (C) slashes. When you countered this way, it worked even faster.
I always thought this being a "tribute" to the sword wielding in that game & made it rather tactical.

This new installment looks great & far more fluid than the combo system in samsho4.
[BGdef]
 ;Filename of sprite data
spr = stages/ ***.sff
#85  February 27, 2019, 03:13:03 pm
yeah samsho is a pretty fast paced game one wrong whiff and you could instantly die.
#86  February 27, 2019, 03:23:16 pm
  • For honor!
-Ash- you clearly never played a Samurai Shodown game period.

Haohmaru's steel breaker slash always did that.

The series usually is not really about combos (Though links and hitconfirms still exist, contrary to what a number of mugen creators strangely seem to believe) as much as it about spacing, good neutral, making good reads, and landing devastating punishes.

From what it looks like in the trailer, not only do we have classic Samurai Shodown gameplay back, but notice Jubei and Haohmaru's DPs at the beginning. We're apparently getting rage enhanced special moves (A mechanic introduced in 4 and dropped beginning with 5) back.

Is that a normal to special cancel?
Yes. And those are a thing in the series. Again, contrary to what some MUGEN converters seemed to assume.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:36:53 pm by Alpaca-San
#87  February 27, 2019, 03:39:16 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
#88  February 27, 2019, 04:16:12 pm
    • Brazil
The series usually is not really about combos (Though links and hitconfirms still exist, contrary to what a number of mugen creators strangely seem to believe) as much as it about spacing, good neutral, making good reads, and landing devastating punishes.
One of the reasons I kinda like its simplicity, shame I never understood how to execute their fatalities.
#89  February 27, 2019, 08:23:17 pm
    • Germany
One of the reasons I kinda like its simplicity, shame I never understood how to execute their fatalities.

Samsho fatalities always had some extra requirements that needed to be fulfilled in the battle before you where even able to use them if i remember it right.
#90  February 27, 2019, 10:17:55 pm
i think more samsho chars must be converted to CVS style or another modern style too.

sometimes the creators forget to use other chars for convertion and repeating the same chars at inumerous versions.
#91  February 27, 2019, 11:51:48 pm
    • Brazil

Samsho fatalities always had some extra requirements that needed to be fulfilled in the battle before you where even able to use them if i remember it right.
I thought it was just activate some rage mode or something, but even then, I couldn't pull it off.

i think more samsho chars must be converted to CVS style or another modern style too.

sometimes the creators forget to use other chars for convertion and repeating the same chars at inumerous versions.
Well, Warusaki3 made CvS versions of SamSho characters which actually appeared in CvS, as well as some original ones, the thing is: lots of creators try to "convert" characters and end up making crap versions of them.
#92  February 28, 2019, 12:16:52 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
In IV, it was a special motion you did in the deciding round only if the final hit makes the opponent lean forward. Then you do down, down, up, forward, forward+C for the finisher (or it was known in this game, a 'No Contest' move)

In V Special, you had to go into rage mode, then do D, DB, B+CD for your finishing move.

Outside of those two games, finishing an opponent tends to be random.
#93  February 28, 2019, 01:29:35 am
  • For honor!
No.

Now on the actual topic of talking about Samurai Shodown and not someone's MUGEN wish list...

I am assuming Macaulyn97 is referring to Samurai Shodown 5 special's Zetsumei Ougis.

*You need to be on your match deciding round.
*Your opponent's life bar must be at the point where it's glowing blue.
* You must be in Rage Explosion (A+B+C) and you must execute the Zetsumei Ougi before the meter runs out.
* Enter QCB, C+D on someone that's either really distracted, slow to react, or really committed to a false move.

I must wonder if that mechanic will return in this entry given the game's rating and that clip of a blood drenched Nakoruru reluctantly stabbing someone off camera.
Iroha stripped for me
#94  February 28, 2019, 03:49:09 am
The blood splatters remaining on the attacking character's face during the match is already pretty brutal. Like battle damage but with your enemy's blood. It looks to me like they're going all in with that stuff, so anything's on the table IMO, as long as they're ready to model it for everyone. And since they're also going for that "classic" appeal, I'm expecting heads to pop and bodies to be sliced open.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:54:44 am by Byakko
#95  February 28, 2019, 06:58:51 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Sooo have they revealed stuff on rosters? Seems like the SS1/SS2 crowd are shoe-ins. I'd like to see Enja, Yoshitora, Andrew, Sieger and a couple others.
#96  February 28, 2019, 07:05:58 am
  • For honor!
Nothing new so far. I feel like the roster is gonna pretty much be most of the original cast (Likely no Amakusa and probably no Gen-An though), Genjuro, maybe Rimururu, maybe the brothers Kazama, and new guys. My hopes are not high for anyone from 5 or 6. Also, my hopes are not high for my boy Basara ;_;
Iroha stripped for me
#97  February 28, 2019, 07:09:28 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I always forget about Rimururu, its like she's constantly living in Nakoruru's shadow.

A Basara rendered like the models in this game would be sick. Genjuro and the brothers are also likely choices. I'll honestly be happy with just my ride or dies Gen-An and Kyoshiro tho
#98  February 28, 2019, 07:28:43 am
  • For honor!
Kyoshiro is a safe bet. He's a mainstay since the original game, absent only from 64, 64-2, and Warriors Rage (All of which being early 3D games when SNK was just learning that stuff so probably not wanting to render his hair at the time)
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 07:34:54 am by Alpaca-San

lui

#99  February 28, 2019, 07:34:19 am
    • USA
we gonna get mina again so someone can report the game for brutalizing their favorite waifu?
#100  February 28, 2019, 07:39:26 am
  • For honor!
Pffft hahahahaha! Sadly she kinda already killed herself after having to put down Chample so likely no.
Iroha stripped for me