YesNoOk

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project  (Read 1283549 times)

Started by Xenomic, April 27, 2008, 12:56:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which format do you prefer for the project to take?

Current format (aka do whatever character and then release packs after set amount of time)
24 (31.6%)
Suggested format (aka focus on one character and then release sprites after finished)
52 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project
#1221  August 10, 2018, 04:36:24 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
The alt that Shermie has from SNK Heroines is...kinda bland, IMO.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DW

#1222  August 10, 2018, 04:38:06 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Aye... Dem hips... :smitten:

Nah man, I like it. It may not be as radical as the others, but it looks great on her.
#1223  August 10, 2018, 04:42:36 am
    • USA
Mmmm. I suppose so. Might also be due to my lack of interest in Shermie too that's influencing that. Honestly, coming up with anything that would actually fit for her Midnight Bliss would be...a task in itself I feel.^^;;
#1224  October 06, 2018, 05:26:56 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Takuma/mr.karate midnight bliss attempt sprite -

Ok I redid the palette to give her more contrast - 

Pants shading retouched -

Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:34:02 am by demongorne
#1225  January 10, 2019, 05:47:48 am
    • USA
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/midnight-bliss-shock-project-12-185751.0.html

So, released this mini-pack, after 3 years of...not releasing anything?? I guess the project has just been THAT dead for that long. Again, if anyone would like to donate sprites to the project, and/or help out with making new stuff, go for it! Let me know either here or in PMs. The next pack is being built up right now (a couple new Sangue=Passares, though of course the Lilith Treatment because that's how those tend to go. I'll see if I can't find other characters to go with. I have ideas FOR other characters, but getting people to execute them and not go the Lilith route is...tricky to say the least. ^^;. In addition, already got a lot of Shocks thanks to whom I'm assuming is Feria (long-lost spriter who I guess isn't a big fan of me now, judging from his comments on the BBS...), which are open-sourced, as well as some other miscellaneous shocks (including some for hi-res characters like Asuna and Ako Tamaki). I haven't put them into any characters yet (I don't even know if some like Asuna or Ako can work with 1.0??), but they're there. No new Midnight Blisses in the pack as of yet, and nothing else outside of the holy trinity that this project has become.

Oh, and what of the Sangue ideas, you ask? Well, the ones that I'm thinking of NOT being Lilith Treatments are the following:

Dan Hibiki (Thumb, because Dan)
Chun-Li (thighs or hair buns)
Rimururu/Karin Kanzuki (cheeks (B.B.Hood style)
Roomi (Ears, though the Lilith Treatment fits her very well. Just maybe an updated one for that would work for her)

Things like that. Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd try to go just one of each type per series (so only one Lilith Treatment, in which case Nakoruru gets it for Samurai Showdown, Ingrid or Sakura for Street Fighter, etc.), while others would get more unique ones (of course, some series would have multiples because there's so many, like King of Fighters).

Anywho, just some food for thought. Females are a lot easier to do than males, I think, so that's why you still see a lot of females on this project. ^^;
#1226  March 01, 2019, 10:16:52 pm
    • USA
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/midnight-bliss-shock-project-12-185751.0.html

So, released this mini-pack, after 3 years of...not releasing anything?? I guess the project has just been THAT dead for that long. Again, if anyone would like to donate sprites to the project, and/or help out with making new stuff, go for it! Let me know either here or in PMs. The next pack is being built up right now (a couple new Sangue=Passares, though of course the Lilith Treatment because that's how those tend to go. I'll see if I can't find other characters to go with. I have ideas FOR other characters, but getting people to execute them and not go the Lilith route is...tricky to say the least. ^^;. In addition, already got a lot of Shocks thanks to whom I'm assuming is Feria (long-lost spriter who I guess isn't a big fan of me now, judging from his comments on the BBS...), which are open-sourced, as well as some other miscellaneous shocks (including some for hi-res characters like Asuna and Ako Tamaki). I haven't put them into any characters yet (I don't even know if some like Asuna or Ako can work with 1.0??), but they're there. No new Midnight Blisses in the pack as of yet, and nothing else outside of the holy trinity that this project has become.

Oh, and what of the Sangue ideas, you ask? Well, the ones that I'm thinking of NOT being Lilith Treatments are the following:

Dan Hibiki (Thumb, because Dan)
Chun-Li (thighs or hair buns)
Rimururu/Karin Kanzuki (cheeks (B.B.Hood style)
Roomi (Ears, though the Lilith Treatment fits her very well. Just maybe an updated one for that would work for her)

Things like that. Honestly, if it were up to me, I'd try to go just one of each type per series (so only one Lilith Treatment, in which case Nakoruru gets it for Samurai Showdown, Ingrid or Sakura for Street Fighter, etc.), while others would get more unique ones (of course, some series would have multiples because there's so many, like King of Fighters).

Anywho, just some food for thought. Females are a lot easier to do than males, I think, so that's why you still see a lot of females on this project. ^^;

I’m new, so I can’t write PMs, which is a dumb reason.
#1227  March 01, 2019, 10:19:02 pm
    • USA
Ah. Just about 4 more posts somewhere and you should be able to do PMs. So just...find places for 4 more posts and that should be good enough, I think. But if you want to respond here, up to you. Unless you WANT to keep it in PM. Also up to you.
#1228  March 01, 2019, 10:23:38 pm
    • USA
Ah. Just about 4 more posts somewhere and you should be able to do PMs. So just...find places for 4 more posts and that should be good enough, I think. But if you want to respond here, up to you. Unless you WANT to keep it in PM. Also up to you.

Sure. Maybe comment on the spritesheet expansion thread, too. Want to hear your thoughts on them.
#1229  March 01, 2019, 10:28:20 pm
    • USA
Righto then. We'll save it for the PM when you get the chance to do that. But for now, I must disappear for about an hour~ Should be more than enough time to get the posts you need~
#1230  May 27, 2019, 12:59:12 am
  • Aaaaaaa
  • Aaaaaaa
I should probably get around to finding out how to edit/make new sprites for a Midnight Bliss. How has the project been? I was thinking of making sprites for Momoko, If I am able to.

I tried to make a frankensprite to see what I can do, I'm not sure what custom states are the easiest to sprite! :sbt:
Fortnite 2 baby.
#1231  May 27, 2019, 01:08:46 am
    • USA
@mpo9: There hasn't really been any activity on the project in a long time. In fact, I haven't had any new contributions since the last pack was released IIRC. Curious what you have in mind for Momoko's Midnight Bliss though, been quite a while since there's been one as most of what's been submitted has been Sangue=Passares in the past IIRC.

As for easiest? Depends. Shocks can be easy if you reuse specific sprites, though you'd have to learn how to do the skeletons afterwards, and anything related to ripples. Sangue=Passare can also be easy if you resuse specific sprites, which was done for some like B.Jenet, Roomi, and Marilyn Sue, but finding the right sprites for those is a bit rough.
#1232  May 27, 2019, 01:26:56 am
  • Aaaaaaa
  • Aaaaaaa
@mpo9: There hasn't really been any activity on the project in a long time. In fact, I haven't had any new contributions since the last pack was released IIRC. Curious what you have in mind for Momoko's Midnight Bliss though, been quite a while since there's been one as most of what's been submitted has been Sangue=Passares in the past IIRC.

As for easiest? Depends. Shocks can be easy if you reuse specific sprites, though you'd have to learn how to do the skeletons afterwards, and anything related to ripples. Sangue=Passare can also be easy if you resuse specific sprites, which was done for some like B.Jenet, Roomi, and Marilyn Sue, but finding the right sprites for those is a bit rough.

Eek! I didn't expect such a fast response!

I did like the project, and I've been following it on and off for a long while actually. I don't really know what could be a good Momoko Midnight bliss, other than perhaps her school swimsuit she wears in one KOF Spinoff game.

Sangue=Passare stuff does seem fun but someone already did the "clever" one with Momoko's feet. Freeze sprites might not be too hard, and I think there's a few other things that haven't been cover either. There's also the tons of special sprites outlined in the one thread here and on YU-TOHARU's site (http://shakesdream.web.fc2.com/SpecialStatus_top.html). Momoko probably doesn't have a Hell Dunk, Pharoh's Curse, Tiki's Battle thing, that Buster grab thing...
Fortnite 2 baby.
#1233  May 27, 2019, 01:33:31 am
    • USA
@mpo9: Hm...I'm sure you can come up with something more interesting than swimsuit! Can always look around and see what'd work best for her! And aye, though just because someone did a thing, doesn't mean you can't. I know I'll probably hear no end to this suggestion, but you can try the "Lilith Treatment" with her. I bring this up due to her having breast envy, otherwise I wouldn't suggest it for a character like her (the feet one is probably best for Momoko otherwise).

Pharaoh's Curse is...a thing in itself. I've never actually messed with that animation at all. Same with Hell Dunk, but that could be interesting to see, and wonder if people wouldn't be up for doing that with characters?? Hey ya'll! Wanna try some Hell Dunk sprites!?

But yeah, the main trio are Midnight Bliss, Shock, and Sangue=Passare. However, that doesn't exclude the other states at all, as long as it stays relatively SFW (obviously the Sangues and Midnight Blisses tend to border on that...but as long as you don't go EXPLICIT with them...should be fine? It's a case-by-case thing IMO).
#1234  May 27, 2019, 01:45:44 am
  • Aaaaaaa
  • Aaaaaaa
@mpo9: Hm...I'm sure you can come up with something more interesting than swimsuit! Can always look around and see what'd work best for her! And aye, though just because someone did a thing, doesn't mean you can't. I know I'll probably hear no end to this suggestion, but you can try the "Lilith Treatment" with her. I bring this up due to her having breast envy, otherwise I wouldn't suggest it for a character like her (the feet one is probably best for Momoko otherwise).

Pharaoh's Curse is...a thing in itself. I've never actually messed with that animation at all. Same with Hell Dunk, but that could be interesting to see, and wonder if people wouldn't be up for doing that with characters?? Hey ya'll! Wanna try some Hell Dunk sprites!?

But yeah, the main trio are Midnight Bliss, Shock, and Sangue=Passare. However, that doesn't exclude the other states at all, as long as it stays relatively SFW (obviously the Sangues and Midnight Blisses tend to border on that...but as long as you don't go EXPLICIT with them...should be fine? It's a case-by-case thing IMO).
Swuimsuit is just something that seems easy to sprite/make up. I'm greener than grass, so I don't want to get myself all worked up when I can't do something crazy. If sky's the limit, Mai's costume would be cute because breast-size jokes, or Elena for the Caporia jokes.

Pharoh's curse is something that you rarely seen. I think I've seen it once with what I think was POTS' Chun-Li.

Hell Dunk might be fun to do, and doesn't seem too hard either! I guess the only thing is characters that can do it to others aren't too popular, but I wouldn't mind trying to see what I can do! Speaking of explict, I think I did see you on that MUGEN Ryona channel talking to Choiyer of all people (it's like Infinity War, but MUGEN!)
Fortnite 2 baby.
#1235  May 27, 2019, 01:55:26 am
    • USA
@mpo9: Ah, I see. Might be tricky to get your hands into Midnight Bliss then, but if you need to start small, well...start small! And yeah, all I can think of that does Hell Dunk is....Lord Raptor?? Maybe Haruhi?? Not many do, that's for sure.

Channel?? Must be mistaken.
#1236  May 27, 2019, 01:58:44 am
  • Aaaaaaa
  • Aaaaaaa
@Xenomic Yeah, I'll have to start small. Spriting is pretty scary to me! Hell Dunk seems easy if i can manage to sprite a ball, lol.

When I meant Channel, I meant BBS board. Whoopsie-daisy.
Fortnite 2 baby.
#1237  May 27, 2019, 02:00:44 am
    • USA
@mpo9: You can probably take one of the other Hell Dunk sprites and edit that if need be. It's just filling it in properly that may be a challenge, though anything at first will be. If anything, can ask around for tips and the like for spriting, I'm sure the guys here can help you out maybe!

Nah...never went to any such board.
#1238  May 27, 2019, 02:09:17 am
  • Aaaaaaa
  • Aaaaaaa
@mpo9: You can probably take one of the other Hell Dunk sprites and edit that if need be. It's just filling it in properly that may be a challenge, though anything at first will be. If anything, can ask around for tips and the like for spriting, I'm sure the guys here can help you out maybe!

Nah...never went to any such board.

Ah, I must be mistaken than, sorry about that!

Well I should probably ask about the spiriting and such, but I probably need to *start* something before I can really ask I think. A ball sprite will probably be mostly original sprite work!
Fortnite 2 baby.
#1239  May 27, 2019, 02:14:47 am
    • USA
@mpo9: Yeah, just take one of the pre-existing sprites and work around with that. That might be good to start with, and as you said, would be original too.
#1240  May 27, 2019, 02:18:06 am
  • Aaaaaaa
  • Aaaaaaa
@mpo9: Yeah, just take one of the pre-existing sprites and work around with that. That might be good to start with, and as you said, would be original too.

That makes sense! I'll have to see as well any other edits or such that are possible. Makoto is someone else that I would like to see sprites off but she's too hard for me to work with given how complex SFIII sprites can be. Yuri is another character that comes to mind too.
Fortnite 2 baby.