Goku (Read 50391 times)

Started by vyn, March 03, 2019, 09:06:10 am
Share this topic:

vyn

Goku
#1  March 03, 2019, 09:06:10 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
So im making this guy. He transforms and all :).

Tranformations are temporary, during specials or supers and his playstyle will be a simplified mix of MVC3 and DBFZ.

(and no, im not cancelling Kage, he is pretty close to be done actually).
Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:37:36 am by vyn
Re: Goku
#2  March 03, 2019, 09:51:58 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Can I make some pals? He looks cool af.
#3  March 03, 2019, 10:38:53 am
I hope that you will be able to finish kage and evil ryu before going full speed with goku. Your work is amazing hope to have the joy to try your new chars soon.
#4  March 03, 2019, 11:52:03 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
how many butons is this going  to be?
#5  March 03, 2019, 01:46:32 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Oh shit!
#6  March 03, 2019, 04:11:10 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
The best Goku is comming. and el mejor Vegeta? I hope so too.xD
Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:16:18 pm by yaret
#7  March 03, 2019, 04:49:29 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Son Goku made for you! Wow! Waiting more advances.
#8  March 04, 2019, 12:16:18 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#9  March 04, 2019, 12:24:09 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Dayum! This looks epic! :D
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#10  March 04, 2019, 12:25:39 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Vyn, do you think that for this kamehameha effect it's possible to put some transparency on the black part? I'm not sure that's why I ask.
#11  March 04, 2019, 12:45:50 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Oh~ Something to dirt and smash the keyboard for.

Plan to go for the japanese, english or randomly for the español dub for the voice? Patchs are easy, but curiosity.
#12  March 04, 2019, 07:12:37 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
It's a nice WIP character, but I kinda wish you release your other works before posting another one. It's hard to give feedback on your new WIPs if I don't know how the mechanics of your newer characters works assuming Goku uses the same play style as Kage or SF3 Evil Ryu. Images are cool, but I can't tell through GIFs alone and maybe a video or two could help. Just a suggestion.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#13  March 04, 2019, 07:17:30 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
It's a nice WIP character, but I kinda wish you release your other works before posting another one. It's hard to give feedback on your new WIPs if I don't know how the mechanics of your newer characters works assuming Goku uses the same play style as Kage or SF3 Evil Ryu. Images are cool, but I can't tell through GIFs alone and maybe a video or two could help. Just a suggestion.

I mean, i wanna agree with you but imo theres no issue with someone announcing their next project even before their current one is done. And he stated that Kage is almost finished. It gives those who follow and use his creations an idea of what to expect next. It's good to have projects planned out before you finish the current one. And having even starting images of the project is even better because it lets people know it's not just an idea. You just have to be careful you don't work on to many at once. But since he said Kage is almost done, I'm pretty sure he doesn't intend to really focus on Goku till Kage's done and released.

....I think...lmao

vyn

#14  March 04, 2019, 07:31:24 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
So here´s the plan for this guy.

He will use many of his transformations but only during his special and super moves, instead of permanent transformations. We have seen him fight like this a few times in the anime, switching transformations on the fly, i think its a pretty cool concept.

This way i get to put all my favorite stuff into one character, here is an example.

All normal attacks are done in his base form (This is Standing Heavy Attack):

Special attacks will mostly use his super saiyan forms (This is Standing QCF+P):

Supers/ultimates will use KAIOKEN, SSJ4, SSGSS and SSG (This is Standing QCF+PP):

(btw im changing everything on this move, im not happy with it).

Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:23:03 pm by vyn

vyn

#15  March 04, 2019, 07:43:43 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Can I make some pals? He looks cool af.

Sure man, i need to put it together first though, each transformation can be changed individually so its taking some work.

I hope that you will be able to finish kage and evil ryu before going full speed with goku. Your work is amazing hope to have the joy to try your new chars soon.

I will, i worked on Kage today before i worked on goku.

how many butons is this going  to be?

3 buttons for light, medium and heavy attacks. 3 other buttons for launcher, chase and something else, not sure yet.

The best Goku is comming. and el mejor Vegeta? I hope so too.xD

heh, not in the plans im afraid.

Vyn, do you think that for this kamehameha effect it's possible to put some transparency on the black part? I'm not sure that's why I ask.

ya im changing that whole thing

Oh~ Something to dirt and smash the keyboard for.

Plan to go for the japanese, english or randomly for the español dub for the voice? Patchs are easy, but curiosity.

id like to go for japanese, depends on what i find in good quality and easy to use

I mean, i wanna agree with you but imo theres no issue with someone announcing their next project even before their current one is done. And he stated that Kage is almost finished. It gives those who follow and use his creations an idea of what to expect next. It's good to have projects planned out before you finish the current one. And having even starting images of the project is even better because it lets people know it's not just an idea. You just have to be careful you don't work on to many at once. But since he said Kage is almost done, I'm pretty sure he doesn't intend to really focus on Goku till Kage's done and released.

....I think...lmao

Im glad you guys are excited for Kage. I will finish him pretty soon, no worries. I like to have at least 1 side project, keeps me from getting bored of mugen. Gameplay wise, Kage is pretty close to SFV and Goku will be a simplified mix of DBFZ and MVC3.

Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:52:36 am by vyn
#16  March 04, 2019, 07:59:59 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Reserving transformations for circumstantial moves like specials and supers is actually pretty clever. I don't mean it in just an artistic perspective, but also practical purposes since transformations are a pain in the ass to code, but this method gets around the problems such a thing would pose.
#17  March 04, 2019, 08:00:57 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
For the SSJ4 super, I'd suggest editing the pants to match whatever color Goku has for his pants in base form.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.

vyn

#18  March 04, 2019, 08:02:32 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Reserving transformations for circumstantial moves like specials and supers is actually pretty clever. I don't mean it in just an artistic perspective, but also practical purposes since transformations are a pain in the ass to code, but this method gets around the problems such a thing would pose.

shhh, people must not know im a lazy bum lol.
#19  March 04, 2019, 08:10:00 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I mean he can release any which way he wants, its not going to really affect what needs to be fixed

lui

#20  March 04, 2019, 09:24:31 am
    • USA
are you making use of the resources i gave you? :)

id like to go for japanese, depends on what i find in good quality and easy to use

i got you covered for this as well fam, just shoot me a DM and i'll give you the best quality japanese rips for XV2, Raging Blast 2, FighterZ and Jump Force sound rips i managed to find from good sources and rip myself :)