YesNoOk

Goku (Read 50398 times)

Started by vyn, March 03, 2019, 09:06:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Goku
#21  March 04, 2019, 11:29:27 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I mean he can release any which way he wants, its not going to really affect what needs to be fixed
True, but knowing vyn's creations in the past, he has more than one style and feels kind of unpredictable (CvS, CvSX, MvC-EoH with CvS2 hitsparks and the other Evil Ryu style I don't know). Since it's none of those, I kinda want to get more of an idea what this new style is like such of what kind of hit sounds on the hit sparks, what button configurations they use, do they have chain combos, any other modes, etc. More info always helps.

Also, I'm going to side with yaret regarding that post you said to him, but where did he ever said he was "requesting" characters? He was just simply asking vyn if the "Vegeta" on the pics is a WIP of his as well (Which he confirms in a later post it's not). That's all, I don't see why would a user with a "contributor star" say that as they could make their own if they wanted to.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#22  March 04, 2019, 11:41:40 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Thanks for your answer, vyn!!
I'm looking for your final work, I'm hyped! xD
#23  March 04, 2019, 09:35:47 pm
haha yeah, i was about to say, you must have a lot of time if he's gonna be able to transform to all of em and stay that way, but transforming just for moves is a clever way to do it as well

Transformations are a pain, especially when custom states come
#24  March 04, 2019, 09:47:50 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I mean he can release any which way he wants, its not going to really affect what needs to be fixed
True, but knowing vyn's creations in the past, he has more than one style and feels kind of unpredictable (CvS, CvSX, MvC-EoH with CvS2 hitsparks and the other Evil Ryu style I don't know). Since it's none of those, I kinda want to get more of an idea what this new style is like such of what kind of hit sounds on the hit sparks, what button configurations they use, do they have chain combos, any other modes, etc. More info always helps.

Also, I'm going to side with yaret regarding that post you said to him, but where did he ever said he was "requesting" characters? He was just simply asking vyn if the "Vegeta" on the pics is a WIP of his as well (Which he confirms in a later post it's not). That's all, I don't see why would a user with a "contributor star" say that as they could make their own if they wanted to.
Staying off topic is staying off topic, end of conversation. Its my obligation as staff to make sure that doesn't happen in the development and release boards.

If you have a problem with that you are welcome to bring it up in a feedback board. I frankly don't care whose side you take.

vyn

#25  March 04, 2019, 10:53:49 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
For the SSJ4 super, I'd suggest editing the pants to match whatever color Goku has for his pants in base form.

Ah that makes sense.

Thanks a lot for the extreme butoden sprite sets btw!.

haha yeah, i was about to say, you must have a lot of time if he's gonna be able to transform to all of em and stay that way, but transforming just for moves is a clever way to do it as well

Transformations are a pain, especially when custom states come

Transformations are indeed a pain in the ass.

are you making use of the resources i gave you? :)

id like to go for japanese, depends on what i find in good quality and easy to use

i got you covered for this as well fam, just shoot me a DM and i'll give you the best quality japanese rips for XV2, Raging Blast 2, FighterZ and Jump Force sound rips i managed to find from good sources and rip myself :)

Ah you rock dude. Can i have DBFightersZ rips for all the gokus please?, base, ssj and ssjb.

Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:28:41 pm by vyn

lui

#26  March 05, 2019, 06:44:36 am
    • USA
No prob, gonna go get everything by tmo

vyn

#27  March 05, 2019, 08:44:26 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
No prob, gonna go get everything by tmo

Thanks bro!, take your time

Made a bit of progress on the basics yesterday. Thank god im going for only 3 buttons cuz the extreme butoden sprites are all over the place, its like they have never heard of recovery frames lol, some of the long animations are like 4 sprites of windup, 2 sprites for the attack and 1 sprite recovery.... wtf guys.

Correct alignment and smooth animations are turning out to be quite the challenge so ill have to spend extra time on that and sprite editing. Basic movement and basic attack animations are the key to a high quality feeling character neways so its worth the effort.

Still, this is a pretty fun character to make

#28  March 05, 2019, 09:58:22 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
What!? Finally a very good Kakarot is being made!
Keep it up man!
This is fate.

vyn

#29  March 07, 2019, 12:42:34 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
So ive been deciding on his moveset and transformations, there is a lot to choose from but i want to make a simple character with 2 or 3 specials and 2 or 3 supers.

This is what i have planned so far.

Normals:
- X,Y,Z attack buttons for: light, medium and heavy attacks. Directional input in one of these for overhead.
- A button for launcher (or spike while in the air)
- B button for chase
- C button for power charge

Specials, mostly based on dbfz, he turns super saiyan 1 for all of these and the are all ground and air.
- QCF+P: Kamehameha
- QCB+P: Elbow Dash
- DP+P: Energy spining kicks

Supers, diferent forms for each, all are ground and air.

-QCF+PP: Kamehameha x10. Turns SSJ4. Lvl1 super.
-QCB+PP: Super Spirit Bomb. Turns SSJG. Lvl2 super.
-DP+PP: God meteor smash: Turns Kaioken for a quick combo, then SSJBlue for a few more hits and finally Kaioken SSJBlue for some sort of finisher, Depending on the amount of power available when activated this will vary from lvl1 super to lvl3 with each transformation requiring one extra super bar.

Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:25:00 am by vyn
#30  March 07, 2019, 05:29:51 pm
  • I got tired of waiting for someone to do it for me
    • Argentina

vyn

#31  March 08, 2019, 07:16:36 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I started working on the combos. This is medium - launcher - chase. (gif is a bit slower than the real animation).

No effects besides hitsparks of course, there will be flashy stuff added later.

Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 07:19:39 am by vyn
#32  March 08, 2019, 07:29:31 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Cool, now he must at least have a custom intro. Something that pays homaged, to flowergirl's Broly.

vyn

#33  March 11, 2019, 03:23:47 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I really wanted to add SSJ2 and SSJ3 somehow, this is his QCF+Attack, if the attack button is held Goku will keep charging. A full charge deals more damage and is unblockable. (ignore the damage for now):

Put a ton of work into this and its a just a special lol.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also, powercharge:

Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:00:56 am by vyn
#34  March 11, 2019, 04:28:59 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
@vyn: these are beautiful man. Have you resized the sprites or are they the standard ones from the game?

vyn

#35  March 12, 2019, 09:08:03 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
What!? Finally a very good Kakarot is being made!
Keep it up man!

tnx man

Here are all sounds of FighterZ, ripped by Demahu from vg-resource.com (https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-32946.html), maybe be useful to you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CL9J7l57h5iPrgYyvoxl_dPnXvcUnV_C

Good luck with Goku!

thank you!

Cool, now he must at least have a custom intro. Something that pays homaged, to flowergirl's Broly.

i dont know that broly :/

@vyn: these are beautiful man. Have you resized the sprites or are they the standard ones from the game?

ya i resized them, and sometimes i have to resize individual moves. seriously extreme butoden sprites are so inconsistent.
#36  March 13, 2019, 04:06:43 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.

vyn

#37  March 13, 2019, 04:33:26 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I made a bunch of effects for Broly, you might find them useful:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/my-broly-resource-archive-185112.0.html

tnx bro! a lot of stuff to go through in there.

Air kamehameha, this one cant be charged.

And this is how the pallette works, there is no color separation but each transformation has its own pallette, same with his energy, here are a couple of quick examples.

Black and Broly

I will post a pallette template when all transformations are indexed (missing SSG and SSB).
Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:08:57 am by vyn

vyn

#38  March 15, 2019, 07:37:59 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Aight, I made the pallette template finally.

Here is the download file including the .act file
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bpbuvo

MIght seem a bit overwhelming at first but its very well organized per transformation. The only mistake is the eyes and teeth of ssj forms sharing color with the lightest color hair, but i will fix that later frame by frame i guess, its very few frames really.

And a few crappy examples.

Feel free to submit your palettes for everyone to see :).
#39  March 16, 2019, 08:55:54 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#40  March 16, 2019, 09:11:19 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I sugggest SSB to be remappal of SS1 instead of different outfit so that it fits