YesNoOk

Nim Woo (Read 4601 times)

Started by DrKelexo, March 07, 2019, 02:57:51 am
Share this topic:
Nim Woo
#1  March 07, 2019, 02:57:51 am
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
I finished another character I said I wasn't gonna finish. Horray!

A punchy man largely based on the humor and ideas of my good buddy nimrodpowerz
warning: loud, profane

get 'im
Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:50:46 am by DrKelexo
Re: Nim Woo
#2  March 07, 2019, 09:05:12 am
  • Bacon Cheeseburger
    • static6.depositphotos.com/1006542/559/i/450/dep_5590549-Fat-man-eating-burger.jpg
g et it yargh i'm cursed
Daaaaaamn, chips.
#3  March 07, 2019, 12:29:14 pm
OH!SO COOL!!!THANKS!
#4  March 09, 2019, 03:00:59 pm
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
Bleh. I return here to say...nice.
I seem to have fun messing around with his little counter move thing.

Also, one gripe, but...I think you might have a lingering PalFx or RemapPal that's constantly on, since he doesn't seem to be affected by cases where his palette's color is changed by an opponent's attack.

Spoiler: Example (click to see content)
#5  March 09, 2019, 03:16:49 pm
sorry to be stupid, but if it's simul and you pick 'em with someone else, he does not attack
#6  March 09, 2019, 06:45:49 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Another interesting joke character! However, I found a little odd.
When he gets hitted hard in his crouch state, his sprites are missing.
This is fate.
#7  March 09, 2019, 11:33:23 pm
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
I discovered another error. His blue ghost super is said to have proj invuln in the readme, but projectiles still hit him out of it.
#8  March 14, 2019, 08:22:31 am
Thank you all for trying him out and getting back to me!

When he gets hitted hard in his crouch state, his sprites are missing.

Yeah, discovered that too late. Will fix for the next update. Thanks!

sorry to be stupid, but if it's simul and you pick 'em with someone else, he does not attack

Ah, yeah, an oversight of most of my AI. I don't usually care about balancing around Simul but that's an easy fix. Will include this in the next update as well.

I discovered another error. His blue ghost super is said to have proj invuln in the readme, but projectiles still hit him out of it.

Hm... I can't figure out if I forgot to add that, or if I changed it and forgot to change the readme. Either way, I'll decide how it should be soon. He might be too good to need projectile invulnerability on that. It is immune on startup, however.

Also, one gripe, but...I think you might have a lingering PalFx or RemapPal that's constantly on, since he doesn't seem to be affected by cases where his palette's color is changed by an opponent's attack.

This is kind of a hard one to untangle. This is based on old code which I will admit was not the most well thought-out. (It effects how he glows when he has the Deathbringer buff) To fix it, I'd have to re-write all of that, and I have to admit I was more eager to be done with this character that necessary. I won't rule out the idea of fixing this, but it's not high-priority.
#9  April 07, 2019, 03:50:22 am
Sorry for the delay! It's been a literal month since the initial release, whoops.

Updated with the things mentioned here, among a few other additions. grab it