YesNoOk

Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note) (Read 244428 times)

Started by yaret, June 11, 2018, 05:19:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note)
#161  February 15, 2019, 09:21:12 pm
So I just saw the game on the shelf at a game store and there was a deluxe edition with DLC season pass for 9 characters (85€).

..... am I crazy or is this the first time I'm hearing about this ? All I can remember is the 2 stupid shots at the end of every trailers about the preorder with 3 costumes and the collector with the diorama.
I mean, everyone expects there will be DLC because why would a game like that not have DLC, but they never said a single word about it anywhere, have they ??
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:25:17 pm by Byakko
#162  February 15, 2019, 09:30:27 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It’s been known for a while that there’d be 9 DLC characters.  They just haven’t been talking about it for some reason.
#163  February 23, 2019, 12:34:53 am
    • USA
Bumping for maybe-news.

So apparently the latest patch put the groundwork in for the DLC characters when they're eventually released, and of course they were all datamined out.

Spoiler: Datamined DLC (click to see content)
#164  February 23, 2019, 01:07:21 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I sincerely hate writing a whole essay-worth of a reply then accidently shortcutting back a page losing it all.

Spoiler: DLC stuff (click to see content)

Since this thread pretty much died after the game launched, just gonna say it was more-or-less exactly what you expected to get out of it since first reveal.  Some points the game looks really pretty, others it looks supremely unnatural, tends to lag a lot but then some stages like Training or Japan I can get by without a hint of lag.  It's imperfect but fun, which was all I was looking to get out of it.  A shame that they didn't go even further with the series cross-references.  I enjoyed the bits where Gon brought Goku back to his childhood with Grandpa Gohan or Yugi and Jotaro making each other nervous how the other would have killed them each at an earlier part of their lives.
#165  February 23, 2019, 01:30:28 am
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#166  February 23, 2019, 02:48:22 am
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 03:14:32 am by Long John Killer
#167  February 23, 2019, 08:05:45 am
we already know the 9 dlc characters and i don't like it most of them are bleach characters.
#168  February 23, 2019, 02:51:20 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Good thing Kaiba is involved... this game was seriously lacking in the Blue Eyes White Dragon department. Hell, Yugi didn't have Exodia... oh, wait. He lost those cards, right? Damn.

Unfortunately, the only guys I know from that list are Kaiba, Buu, and the Law guy from One Piece (only because I played Burning Blood). Everyone else is an unknown to me. I've heard of Bleach, but never watched it. I've heard of My Hero Academia and I wouldn't mind watching it if only for the fact that the main hero's strongest move is a shout out to Delaware and Detroit... one's a state and the other is a garbage dump of a city.
#169  February 23, 2019, 04:06:25 pm
    • USA
we already know the 9 dlc characters and i don't like it most of them are bleach characters.
2 from 9 does not a majority make.

So question for those who have finished the story of the game.
Spoiler: Post-game story spoilers, for those who care (click to see content)
Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 12:59:30 am by Long John Killer
#170  February 26, 2019, 07:08:39 pm
    • USA
They left all of All Might’s animation and hitbox data in the game but without his model, so someone modded him in using the model from One’s Justice.

Good news is it looks like he doesn’t play anything like Small Might Deku.
#171  February 26, 2019, 08:12:53 pm
"everyone is in" the dlc section
#172  March 11, 2019, 10:12:39 pm
So, anyone wbo can tell about this game?
I only see mods on pc and people complaibibg about it being a dead game on Twitter
#173  March 11, 2019, 11:23:13 pm
    • USA
Since this thread pretty much died after the game launched, just gonna say it was more-or-less exactly what you expected to get out of it since first reveal.  Some points the game looks really pretty, others it looks supremely unnatural, tends to lag a lot but then some stages like Training or Japan I can get by without a hint of lag.  It's imperfect but fun, which was all I was looking to get out of it.  A shame that they didn't go even further with the series cross-references.  I enjoyed the bits where Gon brought Goku back to his childhood with Grandpa Gohan or Yugi and Jotaro making each other nervous how the other would have killed them each at an earlier part of their lives.
It's cheap fun, sold as a AAA title.  If you're into any of the series presented, you'll have some fun, barring you're not going expecting Street Fighter polish or freaking out over power levels. (Yugi's better than all of them, anyways)  Still manage to get matches going online consistently on Xbox at this point, can't say for others what their player drop-off point is.

Speaking of the mods though, this is an absolute treasure.

And I am absolutely sure this came to be because of Halo Legends.
Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:28:18 pm by Long John Killer

lui

#174  March 12, 2019, 12:41:34 am
    • USA
And I am absolutely sure this came to be because of Halo Legends.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv3GHebJ1iU[/youtube]

nah, that anime is old as shit (and it kind of sucks). im pretty sure he made it because he likes the actual games lol
#175  March 12, 2019, 12:47:17 am
    • USA
Well, yeah, I'm sure he liked the games, but I'm presuming the connection between something as random as Shonen Jump and Halo is Akira Toriyama's time with both.

Or I guess yeah, modders can just do whatever the hell they want too but I like to guess their motives.

...Also hey!  Don't be dissing Origins II.

That, Prototype and The Babysitter, the rest yeah, more an interesting oddity than really good, coming from a die hard Halo fan.
#176  March 12, 2019, 11:58:53 am
So, anyone wbo can tell about this game?
I only see mods on pc and people complaibibg about it being a dead game on Twitter

you just summed up the whole game , it's a reskin of the previous jump game with a little xenoverse 2 mechanic. that's it.
#177  March 12, 2019, 01:51:21 pm
Thanks for the replies, should've scrolled back x'D
No, I don't mind power levels, but Yugi should just beat them.

Maybe I'll get it when it's on sale (and complete dead) for some shit and giggles.
Hope they'll mod it to the point of no return by then.
#178  March 12, 2019, 02:18:00 pm
modders will probably make this game a little more interesting. xenoverse had amazing mods.
#179  March 15, 2019, 03:49:13 pm
    • USA
Screw the rules, I have money!

#180  March 17, 2019, 12:50:25 am
    • USA
I've been real curious how they plan Kaiba to work.  His two signature monsters, Blue-Eyes and Obelisk, are considerably way too big to fill in as his own Dark Magician stand.  Yugi didn't make use of his lesser signatures or mainstays like Celtic Guardian, Winged Guardian of the Fortress, the Magnet Warriors or any of those, just Mahado, Mana, Slifer and a few magic cards.  So I'm presuming Kaiba also won't be throwing out Rude Kaiser, Battle Ox and the like, just some of the spells/traps like Crush Card or something.  But he's also not an up-close physical fighter, even less-so than Yugi because at least he had season 0 gang fighting.

Kaiba just lacks that signature humanoid figure to replicate what Dark Magician does in this game, at least one that stays with him throughout the series.
Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:55:48 am by Long John Killer