YesNoOk

Char does nothing but move left and right,jump and crotch[No dashing(FF/BB)] (Read 2587 times)

Started by KEEPSCORLLING, March 09, 2019, 02:42:32 pm
Share this topic:
Char does nothing but move left and right,jump and crotch[No dashing(FF/BB)]
#1  March 09, 2019, 02:42:32 pm
    • Pakistan
I REALLY NEED HELP PLS READ OR SHARE TO SOMEONE ELSE
Some characters in my roster are not responding to any other commands.I have AIcheat-something enabled so help someone?I only have JUS style characters so the controls are basically
SPECIALS(6)a+b,b+c,a+c,x+y,y+z,x+z and SUPERS(1-2) "holddown""c/x/y/z" and for ki charge hold "s"
I am using MUGEN 1.1.
Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:12:19 pm by KEEPSCORLLING
Re: Char does nothing but move left and right,jump and crotch[No dashing(FF/BB)]
#2  March 12, 2019, 06:09:29 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
When you play mugen, does the AI take over when you should be in control?
Does this happen to ALL characters?

You don't really say what's wrong. "not responding to any other commands" isn't very descriptive.

Have you used Fighter Factory to open the cmd file to check that it's ok??
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Char does nothing but move left and right,jump and crotch[No dashing(FF/BB)]
#3  March 12, 2019, 12:29:43 pm
    • Pakistan
When i play the character,it only moves forward and backward(no dashing),jumps and crotches.Nothing else.No ki charge,no specials or supers.It's not happening to all characters.Some examples are Goku(dragon ball restoration project),Vegeta{Caioken(youtube)},bardock and SS4 Goku(both Mythos).They don't even transform.Forget the AI.It's simple as that.
Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:25:22 pm by KEEPSCORLLING
#4  March 14, 2019, 01:22:26 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
#5  March 14, 2019, 09:16:03 am
    • Pakistan
YES i have.cmds are fine,tried downloading characters but still nothing
#6  March 14, 2019, 09:56:44 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So if some characters are working that means it's not a button issue.
The only thing I can think of is that there's some type of debug flood.

Press Ctrl+D in the match to pop up debug, and see if there's any white text on the top left. If you press a button and it doesn't switch moves, usually there would be a ton of debug problems.
#7  March 14, 2019, 10:16:48 am
    • Pakistan
How do I fix it?
#8  March 14, 2019, 01:38:23 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So it's happening? Press F12 to take a screen shot and post it here. There could be a lot of things going wrong. Debug will help you track down most problems.
#9  March 14, 2019, 02:13:47 pm
    • Pakistan
my mugen crashes if i try to take a screenshot but the debug mode just keeps saying warning Goku has no helper
Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 02:16:50 pm by KEEPSCORLLING
#10  March 14, 2019, 03:12:19 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
It seems the characters may have been badly updated or converted to a buffer system or a Tag mode. And the lack of this helper is preventing the corresponding commands, except the hardcoded ones
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#11  March 15, 2019, 03:33:52 am
    • Pakistan
So, how do I fix it?(I'm a beginner in mugen)
#12  March 15, 2019, 09:00:03 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You'll have to redownload the original characters. Test them without the patches. Make a duplicate and apply the patches.

You can try to find out what's stopping the helper from spawning. Usually you can see the value or state that it's looking for. If not, it will be VERY hard to track down the problem. I'd start in State 5900, the state that mugen first loads, then look in state 190, then state 0.
#13  March 15, 2019, 02:55:11 pm
    • Pakistan
IT WORKED! Thanks but is there anyway i could of fixed this without removing the update?
#14  March 16, 2019, 08:08:37 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The update is the problem, so no.
BUT
You can try to fix the problems from the updates. Did you check those states to see if a helper was created? It might be in Statedef -2 or -3.
#15  March 16, 2019, 02:36:33 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
it would help if you specify what kind of update patch you want to apply...
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#16  March 18, 2019, 12:43:17 pm
    • Pakistan
what do you mean by patch,also the characters show the same behaviour now.It happened after i restarted the game.
Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 12:48:37 pm by KEEPSCORLLING
#17  March 24, 2019, 07:59:31 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
That seems impossible. Are you testing with a default Mugen? If you're using a screen pack or lifebars or anything besides the stock Mugen, test with a fresh download. Chars don't just get edited while playing. Some how a normal file is being corrupted.

The patch refers to the edits. add004 and stuff like that. What you've described sounds like a patched file.