YesNoOk

SHADEs of Manhattan 3: City of Chaos (Demo/Beta) (Read 17240 times)

Started by Sean Altly, March 16, 2019, 04:42:09 am
Share this topic:
SHADEs of Manhattan 3: City of Chaos (Demo/Beta)
#1  March 16, 2019, 04:42:09 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
SHADEs of Manhattan 3: City of Chao (Demo/Beta)

This early beta features:

11 Playable Characters (including characters new to SHADEs: Castle, Dark Nation, and The Monolith)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
11 stages (a mix of stages from SHADEs 1 and 2 and a couple of new ones, one edited from a NeoGouki stage and the other full-credit to The Unlimited since I didn't change much)
A new 4-button fighting system with new and altered mechanics
Challenging adaptive AI for all characters coded by Kamekaze
An in-game movelist system coded by Kamekaze (press D+Start to activate)
Standard text intros for arcade mode for each character and a default ending that teases the full-game
Arcade, Versus, Survival, Training and Watch mode
Music by CVSNB, Vo Williams, Run The Jewels, and more

SCREENSHOTS (MORE IN SPOILER)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

NOTES

-Sorry the new stages are just a Mall Mayhem edit and The Unlimited's Crime Alley stage, I think I may have tapped all the resources for city/NYC based stages that fit the CPS2 style. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions hit me up. I just wish I could draw my own stages honestly.

-The screenpack so far isn't necessarily final, I'm not the best graphic design person so some of it's pretty rough around the edges. It's basically just me and Kamekaze building off of SHADEs 2 code and resources which is why it's slow-going and some of the stuff seems recycled.

-The AI is brutal, I recommend playing at 1-3 until you're used to the new gameplay style.

-Please give feedback, Kamekaze and I will be looking forward to it

DOWNLOAD: https://www.sendspace.com/file/tpo3t8
PATCH: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zP5JBrBQBM1fHqGrNM6GUWaMltgJjgfM

Full Credits coming soon, but big credit to:

Literally everyone credited in SHADEs 2
Kamekaze for not just coding the AI and movelist system, but for implementing a lot of great gameplay ideas for each individual character
NeoGouki and The Unlimited for the new stages
IronFistClown (@IronFistClown on Twitter, he's open for commissions) for the new Ready/Fight/KO graphics

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 05:20:21 am by Sean Altly
Re: SHADEs of Manhattan 3: City of Chaos (Demo/Beta)
#2  March 16, 2019, 05:44:53 am
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
Awesome release!!! I have always been a big fan of the series.    :yaoming:
#3  March 16, 2019, 07:46:23 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Once I download this, i'm going to host it on either my Mediafire or my MEGA, hopefully that's alright with you Sean?
#4  March 16, 2019, 07:48:48 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Once I download this, i'm going to host it on either my Mediafire or my MEGA, hopefully that's alright with you Sean?

Yeah man, just keep updating it when new releases and patches come out

Download Last Bout now!
#5  March 16, 2019, 08:45:32 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 09:01:33 am by R565
#6  March 16, 2019, 12:04:06 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Given how I'm about to patch the game I'm not sure if mirrors are that great of an idea lol

Also there's a lot of new things here so here's a FAQ

Q: Why do I glow in the air when I get hit
A: If you glow blue that means you can't get hit until after you land, pressing any button will make you glow orange showing that you're attacking. It's very crucial to learn when you should and shouldn't give up that invulnerability. Hit stun can run out in a number of ways and this tells both players that your hitstun has run out.

Q: I did lvl 2 at the beginning of the round and I got power back, is that a bug?
A: What you see is called first attack meter bonus, as long as you get the first hit you are rewarded with enough meter for one ex attack

Q: Why does it seem like I can get up faster after being knocked down at times
A: There are 3 kinds of knock downs in this game. The first is the soft knock down which if you press any button you will immediately be able to get up, this is commonly seen on attacks where you bounce at least once on the ground or if a non special but sometime even special attack knocks you down. The second is the mid-knock down, this i seen when you're sliding on the ground or if you get hit into the wall and slowly fall down it. You are forced to wait a certain amount of time before getting up automatically. The last one is the heavy knock down seen when you hit with certain air heavy attacks. This absolute state has the most waiting time because you or the opponent can use an on the ground attack if you have one to deal more damage or even relaunch for an extended combo.

Q:Why does one air heavy attack seemingly knockdown faster than the other?

A: Each character has at least one attack that will hard knock down in the air. It is commonly seen as an air combo ender and it leads to the hard knock down discussed above. The other leads to a soft knock down but using it in the right spot will allows you to continue your combo if you land first so timing is absolutely crucial.

Q: In training mode sometimes I get this training UI and other times I don't, why is that?
A: Do not skip the intro to ensure it shows up.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:12:53 pm by Kamekaze
#7  March 16, 2019, 01:29:44 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 09:27:55 pm by Kamekaze
#8  March 16, 2019, 02:36:31 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Nice to see you're back into the swing of things, Sean.
#9  March 16, 2019, 05:17:51 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Damn, I kinda figured if things break Kaze would fix things lickily split. NVM about me updating but the base game should have different sites to download from since for me and some people sendspace takes FOREVER to download. That was the reason why I wanted to have it up at a different spot, since not everybody can download it at a decent speed at the same site.
#10  March 16, 2019, 06:38:06 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Well the patcher exists to help with that but it's fine either way
#11  March 16, 2019, 08:10:10 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Well the patcher exists to help with that but it's fine either way

Yeah Kaze, I know about downloading the patcher but i'm just saying about the base game. If it's still going to be on sendspace, I can at least give another place to download it from. We just need to let people know to download the patcher as well so they can download updates as you work alongside Sean.

Anyway, I absolutely love the new style of play this game offers! It helps to make it more balanced as it even gives some lower tiered fighters some much needed help. But seriously Kaze, with your knowledge you can give some of these guys trying to make fighting games some balancing guidance on a few of these games.

Edit: After playing with my main for a little bit, (Exile, cause FClass knows) the new universal changes feel real damn solid. Everything feels like a hybrid of SNK with some Capcom elements, along with a few other mechanics sprinkled in there.
Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 08:41:11 pm by R565
#12  March 16, 2019, 08:43:13 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Exile is very strong now lol. Comboing into stance stuff is really good
#13  March 16, 2019, 09:27:08 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Exile is very strong now lol. Comboing into stance stuff is really good

Yeah, he was a sleeper in two, but now he's beastly. Has a bunch more mixup options now and of course learning to combo into stance is a great tool to trick others. I think FClass will like some of the things Laurel got as well, cause he's fun to play with but was a nightmare to try to get things started.
#14  March 16, 2019, 11:57:10 pm
    • USA
    • lockeshot@gmail.com
I think Castle's EX assault shell is resetting damage scaling. I tried to see how many times I could combo into itself and I noticed each loop was doing the exact same damage instead of scaling. Also in training mode the damage counter would reset but the combo counter was still going and the character was still in hit stun. I looped it 5 times and since it wasn't scaling it was over 1000 damage since each loop did roughly 200 then reset. The loop was LP LP HP EX AS.

EDIT: Also Zenith has an air infinite with his dive kick and monolith gets jump looped pretty easily.

EDIT2: Also I don't want my post to come off as negative. I am having a lot of fun just messing with the characters. I stayed up til like 5 AM last night just goofing around with Sabotage and Castle.
Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:36:07 am by tomohawkjoe
#15  March 17, 2019, 01:27:42 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
No negativity taken here man, we def appreciate the feedback no matter what. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Download Last Bout now!
#16  March 17, 2019, 01:57:43 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I think Castle's EX assault shell is resetting damage scaling. I tried to see how many times I could combo into itself and I noticed each loop was doing the exact same damage instead of scaling. Also in training mode the damage counter would reset but the combo counter was still going and the character was still in hit stun. I looped it 5 times and since it wasn't scaling it was over 1000 damage since each loop did roughly 200 then reset. The loop was LP LP HP EX AS.

EDIT: Also Zenith has an air infinite with his dive kick and monolith gets jump looped pretty easily.

EDIT2: Also I don't want my post to come off as negative. I am having a lot of fun just messing with the characters. I stayed up til like 5 AM last night just goofing around with Sabotage and Castle.

I'll take a look, what's the notation for the dive kick infinite? aka whats the combo you did? The monolith thing was expected tbh but i'll more than likely make adjustments for that. The combo scaling makes it pretty worthless to keep doing so it's not THAT much of a problem but its still a problem nonetheless.
#17  March 17, 2019, 03:46:47 am
    • USA
    • lockeshot@gmail.com
Zenith Infi is putting opponent in launch state in corner then doing Jump LK x LK Dive kick

Also It seems I was wrong on castle. It might not be the EX but maybe his HP. You can see the damage counter reset after he hits with HP.
#18  March 17, 2019, 04:00:42 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
#19  March 17, 2019, 04:57:05 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Zenith Infi is putting opponent in launch state in corner then doing Jump LK x LK Dive kick
[youtube]https://youtu.be/LlJ4h-_dXqU[/youtube]

Also It seems I was wrong on castle. It might not be the EX but maybe his HP. You can see the damage counter reset after he hits with HP.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/_5JK5W37K0Q[/youtube]
alright fixed, thanks for the find.

edit: see the patcher link above for the fixes. Apply the patch and all bugs should be fixed. Although the combo on monolith thing is not fixed atm.
Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:03:02 am by Kamekaze
#20  March 20, 2019, 05:26:58 am
  • Fighting Game Promoter
  • YouTube Promoter for all Fighting games alike!
    • USA

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but I streamed it so you can catch some more bugs and things need to be fixed.