YesNoOk

SHADEs of Manhattan 3: City of Chaos (Demo/Beta) (Read 17226 times)

Started by Sean Altly, March 16, 2019, 04:42:09 am
Share this topic:
Re: SHADEs of Manhattan 3: City of Chaos (Demo/Beta)
#21  March 20, 2019, 10:17:54 am
I dont know where can ask that, but what hapened with the omega Kane Project to be posponed? the char was not released and no new super or DM, right.
Also, the game is amacing
#22  March 20, 2019, 01:00:49 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I dont know where can ask that, but what hapened with the omega Kane Project to be posponed? the char was not released and no new super or DM, right.
Also, the game is amacing

Hes gonna be the boss here. I'm not sure about standalone things though so @sean altly: should be able to answer that

[youtube]oP0MijoMSZQ[/youtube]

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but I streamed it so you can catch some more bugs and things need to be fixed.

The good news is I've fixed all of this, the patcher has the updated files.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#23  March 20, 2019, 03:43:59 pm
Who is gonna be the boss, omega Kane? i thougt the new boss was oxidian
#24  March 20, 2019, 04:29:32 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Oh wait you mean that guy. Yeah I don't know what the plans are for him. Yeah obsidian is the planned final boss of s3
#25  March 20, 2019, 06:09:52 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Omega Kane was going to be the final boss of SHADEs 2.5 but I never finished it. There seems to be some interest in him though so I may release him as a standalone character. Within the story of this game Kane is actually weaker than before, which is why he teams up with Obsydian.

Download Last Bout now!
#26  March 20, 2019, 06:52:11 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

I plan on doing this for every char in the demo. Just explaining what can and cant be done and what to do when etc etc. The first is Sabotage.
#27  March 20, 2019, 07:48:18 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yup, I can't wait to see what Exile and Laurel can do in this demo. Really glad you are doing this Kaze.
#28  March 20, 2019, 09:01:05 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Oh man, Sean... you've made me a Happy man, totally going to do some Gameplays about it. Thanks.
#29  March 21, 2019, 03:41:41 am
Wow, i like that arcade run, i wait for the others to come. Congratulations for the game, is any place where i can still download the shades 1 or 2 games?.
Wow, really? Omega Kane was someone i really liked to see, the idea of Kane having this power is great, tankyou so much Sean.
#30  March 21, 2019, 04:09:18 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
They're both still available on my MFG Network site, but I should warn you that SOM1 is Moleboxed, so it's kind of a pain to use and may set off your antivirus (it's clean but some won't even allow it to be opened).

Download Last Bout now!
#31  March 21, 2019, 03:22:29 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

Continuing with the series of me explaining each char while using them is Snow, the balanced charge char who trades in long combos for overall type coverage against the cast!
#32  March 21, 2019, 06:12:47 pm
It's the 1st time I play one of the Shades. The previous two versions went unnoticed for me.
First of all I want to tell you that it makes me very happy that they manage to "finalize" a version. In the small world mugen, there are very few projects that come to fruition, and more you have so much original production.
Congratulations from me.

The characters that have seemed most successful are Monolith, Dark Nation, Det. Laurel, and Castle.
Det. Laurel, has a very good design, according to his idea, and very maneuverable. I loved using it, without doubt one of the best characters, if not the best (in terms of design / gameplay / originality).
Castle, is very well animated, although I think he has a moveset too complete ... he would leave the more tank movements and holds, and remove the more agile.
Snow has good intentions but it shows too much the amount he owes to Robert Garcia. Personally I think there were better FX to use in the optic blast. I also thought it was one of the funniest characters to use.
Exile, you have a good idea, although I think that changing the stand pose would notice much less the relationship with Oni (Rage of the Dragons).

The stages I liked most and I think they have taken good advantage of the resources of different games. Only in the stage of Monolith I think it would have been better something more proper than using the stage of Kain (Mark of th Wolves) without more.

The gameplay in general is quickly assimilable and very nice for those who are familiar with the CVS style.

Congratulations once again, and I hope you have future versions.
#33  March 22, 2019, 01:56:25 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Wow! SHADEs is out, omg! The beta is really cool from what I've tried out.
Laurel is my favourite character, no doubt. The update to Wyldestar, Zenith and Sabotage is very noticable, and I love everything you have done. The stages are very well created, and the soundtrack is crisp.

Can't wait to see more coming, and enjoying playing more of this beta.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#34  March 22, 2019, 02:30:11 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Did some test matches with a friend.

- Sabotage's super ground pound will freeze the game up if it kills, for about 10 seconds or so.

- Kane Kelly's super where he calls out his stand whiffs before the stand hits and he does the force field thing if you confirm into it

- Adamas super that ends with the throw does way too little damage.

- Zenith's caltrops are too hard to see on a majority of the stages

- Dark Nation's shun goku satsu super, at one point, played out the entire animation even though it had whiffed. So my friends just blocked the whole thing while the animation played out, but idk if this is intentional.

- Going into Exile's stance change allow you to perfrom his dp with forward and a button, I suspect cause it counts the stance change as you charging. Doing another attack disallows you from doing this.

Have to agree that Castle just seems too mobile with the Fortify stuff, I know you guys nerfed his oki or something? He still seems so insanely good, honestly I think the armor gimmick would work better on Monolith, who by the way is extremely fun, possibly the most fun next to Kane. Me and my friend have Castle, Adamas, Snow up top. Kane and Wyldestar seem hella good too.
Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 02:33:36 pm by Umezono
#35  March 22, 2019, 02:47:40 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Did some test matches with a friend.

- Sabotage's super ground pound will freeze the game up if it kills, for about 10 seconds or so.
That was patched out, download the patch to fix it
- Kane Kelly's super where he calls out his stand whiffs before the stand hits and he does the force field thing if you confirm into it
- ill check it out
- Adamas super that ends with the throw does way too little damage.
that was patched and fixed as well
- Zenith's caltrops are too hard to see on a majority of the stages
I'll figure out something
- Dark Nation's shun goku satsu super, at one point, played out the entire animation even though it had whiffed. So my friends just blocked the whole thing while the animation played out, but idk if this is intentional.
that was also patched out.
- Going into Exile's stance change allow you to perfrom his dp with forward and a button, I suspect cause it counts the stance change as you charging. Doing another attack disallows you from doing this.
going into stance with it changes it to QCF instead of charge. what happened was you went into stance and probably got QCF
Have to agree that Castle just seems too mobile with the Fortify stuff, I know you guys nerfed his oki or something? He still seems so insanely good, honestly I think the armor gimmick would work better on Monolith, who by the way is extremely fun, possibly the most fun next to Kane. Me and my friend have Castle, Adamas, Snow up top. Kane and Wyldestar seem hella good too.

So what you want to do to stop him is mash lights, when he starts up to do most anything. While his armor does seem good you have to remember the double edged sword of multhihit moves being a major issue for people who have it. Also jumping stops a lot of his nonsense as now the opponent has to guess when to use his anti-air grab which if you call out you can blow all of his armor away and probably deal major damage. Trust me his armor is more a mind game than an actual issue the more you play against him.

Wyldestar falls under the same camp of her offense being more mental than physical, a lot of what she does can be beaten by jumping or rolling which is why she can punish both if she calls it out but if she fails to she can lose both neutral and the match absurdly quickly. The AI is completely aware of that so it tries to play up her strengths as much as possible so you don't think about it. But yeah download the patch, install it and a lot of what you saw as issues are immediately fixed.

Anyway, heres Adamas
Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 02:53:22 pm by Kamekaze
#36  March 22, 2019, 10:21:06 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
When I get home from work I'll make sure to put the patch link in the first post so it doesn't happen again, my bad.

Also these videos are extremely helpful, they're even making ME better at the game, lol.

Download Last Bout now!
#37  March 23, 2019, 11:09:15 am
Barely check the forums these days but I'll definitely take the opportunity to try this out.

Glad to know you're still doing it and seem to be doing well Sean.
#38  March 23, 2019, 04:32:16 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
It's time for some law and order
Gun play and managing bullets is the name of the game but he's got plenty to hold you over in between reloads.

Edit: Had to fix an issue with Exile, please download the patch

Edit Edit: two for one day
Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:57:21 pm by Kamekaze
#39  March 25, 2019, 03:57:30 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
bump but heres the tormented terror himself Exile

#40  March 25, 2019, 06:51:52 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Love how people are getting on the forum and helping with finding stuff. Then again Kaze really is on top of getting stuff fixed for balance.