YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734164 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1501  March 08, 2019, 11:43:55 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
This is a terrible joke and you should all be ashamed.
#1502  March 08, 2019, 12:19:15 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
#1503  March 08, 2019, 07:25:54 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Why would "Fighters Pass" and "stage" be in English when everything else is in German?  Lazy fake is lazy.
As someone who owns a German copy of Smash Ultimate, I can actually confirm that the German releases do NOT translate "Fighters Pass" and "Stage" at all (even though they translated Master Hand for some reasons, but not Crazy Hand, like what?!)
So...the leak can still be real!!!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#1504  March 08, 2019, 08:05:47 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
It can't be real because its stupid. End of leak.
this website is stupid
#1505  March 08, 2019, 09:11:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Why would "Fighters Pass" and "stage" be in English when everything else is in German?  Lazy fake is lazy.
As someone who owns a German copy of Smash Ultimate, I can actually confirm that the German releases do NOT translate "Fighters Pass" and "Stage" at all (even though they translated Master Hand for some reasons, but not Crazy Hand, like what?!)
So...the leak can still be real!!!

Oh, for real?  I guess it’s the localizers that are lazy then.

Still gonna call shenanigans on this one though, since it’s doing the exact same thing that every wannabe leak does; repeating what other, more credible leaks have said and swapping out a few names to make it look like they have new info.
#1506  March 08, 2019, 10:52:42 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
I want to be very careful with how I phrase this question, but what would you constitute as a real legitimate leak and not something that's made up?

I'm not talking about just the characters. For example, the moment a data miner finds incontrovertible evidence that files of this character from this franchise exist, that's too easy. I'm talking more in reference to the photos that are out or were made out, like The Grinch photo, or the one that's being discussed right now. I have a very hard time separating between what's real and what's fake, especially when it comes to hints of a new Smash participant. Based on my previous conversations about Smash qualifications, I have an idea as to who gets in or not; one being video game importance and/or significance, although it is very likely for a rumored character to possibly be nothing more than a red herring. What are the things you want to look for in a rumor photo to double down on a supposed fake leak that might have merit?
#1507  March 08, 2019, 11:35:56 pm
    • Brazil

I want to be very careful with how I phrase this question, but what would you constitute as a real legitimate leak and not something that's made up?

I'm not talking about just the characters. For example, the moment a data miner finds incontrovertible evidence that files of this character from this franchise exist, that's too easy. I'm talking more in reference to the photos that are out or were made out, like The Grinch photo, or the one that's being discussed right now. I have a very hard time separating between what's real and what's fake, especially when it comes to hints of a new Smash participant. Based on my previous conversations about Smash qualifications, I have an idea as to who gets in or not; one being video game importance and/or significance, although it is very likely for a rumored character to possibly be nothing more than a red herring. What are the things you want to look for in a rumor photo to double down on a supposed fake leak that might have merit?
To begin with, it has to be a plausible addition, which, so far means: any character originated in gaming, whose franchise had anything to do with Nintendo, at some point in its existance, in addition, of course, to not be a completely retarded addition, like Big the Cat would be. Second, it must at least look like it comes from something official, otherwise, its just easy to spot (for example, the MKX photo of the roster that basically leaked the whole thing looks very legit and some characters from it were confirmed afterwards, but the current Smash one has half-translated texts, which makes it harder to believe).
#1508  March 09, 2019, 02:59:33 am
    • Mexico

Well, in my case, I've got the next criteria to work with:
*Does this character comes from a franchise that's already in the game?
*Do they appear in the game as ATs, pokéballs or spirits?
*Are they predictable "fanservice choices" like Banjo or Geno?
*Can this character offer a dedicated music pack?
*Can they live up to Joker's hype?
*Would Nintendo bother negotiating to get this character?
With all those things in mind, I find any rumour without Nintendo characters (yes, not even Fire Emblem garbage) to be at the very least, worth entertaining. This leak, while it may not be very convincing, it looks like something I can see happening, since all five are characters that people sleep on.
#1509  March 09, 2019, 03:45:37 am
    • USA

Nothing is ever set in stone of course, but it all comes down to recognizing the usual patterns.  For instance, 99% of the time any "leak" that includes photos or pictures can be disregarded as fake, since any actual inside information will come word-of-mouth from a source inside the company, and not some dork who claims that they hacked into the mainframe and found the secret files but for some reason could only share it by taking an off-screen picture with an early aughts flip phone.

Likewise, you can pick up on people who are just piggybacking off more credible leakers by parroting what's already been said.  Usually, they'll reconfirm what someone else has already said, throw in one or two extremely safe guesses to try and forge credibility, and then throw in a ridiculous wildcard as if to say "this is too crazy for me to make up."  Take this one:  Vergeben, who's had a consistently solid track record with his info on this game, has repeatedly claimed a Square-Enix Rep is on the way, and now this person is "leaking" that Chrono is in.  Another recent leak that got a couple of things right about Joker mentioned Doomguy, and lo and behold he's on this list too.  Throw in a relatively safe guess (Jibanyan) and a wild hail Mary (Cuphead) and boom; Instant low-effort leak.
#1510  March 10, 2019, 02:54:50 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Spoiler: Allow me to spare you the trouble, just look here for an image of the leak (click to see content)

Could I also point out that (even though it might be different on German Switches) The little images displayed on the left representing each fighter pass set don't match up well with what is ACTUALLY displayed on the eShop?

- I could be wrong on this, but aren't the DLC bundles considered "Challenger Packs" and not "Sets" like how they're listed?

- And I checked my Switch's eShop earlier to see that the number displayed for each "Set" uses a different font than what's displayed here. The ACTUAL image also has the number smaller so it can fit "Challenger Pack" just above it.

I know this leak could've been burnt to the ground already, but does my theory help out at all when it comes to debunking it?
#1511  March 23, 2019, 02:07:23 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
While that leak with the DLC pass has been disproven, it should be noted that Nintendo and Microsoft is cooperating a bit more as of the late, if the announcement that Cuphead, a Microsoft and PC exclusive up until a few days ago, is coming to Switch later this year. So, it seems that Microsoft characters is on the menu right now. The question is who.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1512  March 23, 2019, 04:31:39 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
The majority vote looks to be in favour of Banjo, which makes sense considering how big he was for Nintendo during the N64 days, though it's very possible that due to current popularity and relevance, something from Minecraft would be a viable guess; that's not to say I'm particularly fond of the prospect of Steve being revealed as DLC, mind you.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1513  March 23, 2019, 04:47:23 pm
    • USA
^ On the topic of Minecraft, Vergeben's last info dump stated that his sources are claiming that content is coming, but as a boss and not a fighter.

Microsoft and Nintendo are getting super buddy-buddy lately (especially considering that Cuphead on Switch is coming with Xbox Live support) so it's not outside the realm of possibility that a MS-owned character might wind up in Smash.  With the unused references to Rareware and Rare-owned spirits they found when the game got datamined, Banjo-Kazooie feels like a safe bet to me. 
#1514  March 23, 2019, 10:03:55 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Plus it'd be nice since they were at some point considered for Melee, but then so was James Bond of all characters, so... :P

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1515  March 23, 2019, 10:31:03 pm
    • USA
Coming back to this:

Spoiler: More potential datamine info (click to see content)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1516  March 31, 2019, 11:28:16 am
    • USA
Bump for retailers not giving a shit.  Best Buy just leaked Joker’s official render in an ad on their online store.

Spoiler: Lookin’ cool, Joker (click to see content)
#1517  March 31, 2019, 07:11:32 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
That's a nice lookin' render.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#1518  April 10, 2019, 03:07:23 am
    • USA
Other people can't leak our game if we do it ourselves.

New official commercial accidentally confirms Stage Builder mode coming up in 3.0.
#1519  April 10, 2019, 03:15:59 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'm laughing at this right now because it's just a pipe dream atm. But I sure hope the rumor regarding the 4.11 Direct is true.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1520  April 10, 2019, 11:11:09 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Good job, Nintendo.

Reminds me of when they accidentally confirmed Ganondorf in Smash 4 in one of their commercials.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.