YesNoOk

Knuckles8864's WiPs - Captaining the Command(o) (Yagami Update) (Read 621083 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, February 14, 2017, 03:34:40 am
Share this topic:

Poll

After Yamazaki, what's next?

Update Iori Yagami?
6 (7.6%)
Update Dhalsim?
2 (2.5%)
Raiden or Maki Update?
9 (11.4%)
Captain Commando?
38 (48.1%)
5th Option?!
24 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: August 31, 2019, 03:34:00 pm

Re: Knuckles8864's WiPs - Back to the Crazy Guy!
#581  February 10, 2019, 10:43:37 pm
Just tested this guy out and hes really nice, good job, a really good beta.
#582  February 19, 2019, 02:33:36 pm
  • Was it something I said?
I'd say for EX Sadomaso, combine the XIV version with the CvS version: A headbutt that causes a ground bounce, followed by a multi-hit Drill punch. Not sure for Spray Sand though. Also, Judgment Dagger feels great lol.

-Fight of Tempering just feels incomplete now, to be honest. Without that last kick that knocks the opponent away, it just feels kind of awkward.
-Should've mentioned this before, but Pit Viper should also have a slash spark to go with the pull-out.

Man, the part of me that's kind of in love with compromise wants to suggest using those Freak-Out Fist sprites as the final Drill option reminiscent of XIV in a best of both worlds kind of deal, but the choice is all yours if you wanna do that.

-Only did the headbutt for now for the EX Sadomaso, but I'll definitely think about it. Yeah, still stumped on Spray Sand too.

-Fixed Fight of Tempering after finally getting it the way I wanted it to be. It would probably still cause some problems in the Standard MUGEN 2v2, but hey, that Ikeman is still being made (which I'm not using atm)
-Fixed that, and I might change it a bit after seeing Soy Sauce's version of it, but we'll see.

-The problem is that I don't have the sprites for Freak-Out Fist (there is actually a sprite sheet for it, but I'm not going to CS it myself since sleeves and the neck are still on my to do-list), so I'm gonna hold on that, and probably go for the normal Drill that most others use.

Wow this kind of work with palette separation is fabulous, you get simulating a new costume without build new sprites, it's very cool.

Hey, I'm just doing the sleeves and neck. Thank Moon Girard for the rest of it. But I thank you for the kind words. :)

knuckles are you gonna add his level 3 from kof2002 and are you gonna add that win pose where he grab them and hold them by the neck? and are you gonna add that stance when you leave him standing up for quite sometime?

To answer your questions:

-Don't have the sprites for it, as mentioned before.
-It's actually there. I got the code for it from Jmorphman's Rolento and works great. It is a bit buggy though, since it can't be done killing from his projectiles, and EX Sadomaso for some reason. Hold start if you don't want to go RNG with it.
-I have it, I just haven't made it the one yet. I also did notice it was missing some sprites just when he goes into it, but it was there when I got it, so I'll probably let it slide.

Just tested this guy out and hes really nice, good job, a really good beta.

Thank you. :) Hope that the release will be good when he's done.
#583  February 19, 2019, 06:51:32 pm
You probably know about it but still worth posting just in case, I think the CMD for Benimaru's  level 3 is still in the command file I manged to do it and Yamazaki spawned a small clone.
Im actually not sure what happened but I heard Benimaru's  voice so im just gonna assume its that cause Yamazaki is not completed yet.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#584  February 20, 2019, 07:50:34 am
Yup, you assume right. I forgot about that at the time. I've already gotten rid of that one.

Anyways, arms are finally done! I want to fix the neck though, so that'll probably take not as much time. Just wanted to let you guys know. :)
#585  February 21, 2019, 12:28:00 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
-Need a state for Chun-Li for her to stand long until Yamazaki hits Hon-Fu
No need, Yamazaki just has to be added to a trigger that makes Chun-Li wait long enough for his side of the intro to finish.
#586  February 22, 2019, 08:55:43 am
-Need a state for Chun-Li for her to stand long until Yamazaki hits Hon-Fu
No need, Yamazaki just has to be added to a trigger that makes Chun-Li wait long enough for his side of the intro to finish.

Why I say "state" instead of "trigger" is because Chun-Li's intro takes Yamazaki by warusaki3 into account (in this case, cvsyamazaki), so unless that trigger is cleared off, she'll always cut the intro to 40 seconds ahead instead of her 230 seconds.
#587  March 23, 2019, 11:54:20 pm
I remember you opening a thread about some art of Yamazaki, I just found an old render I edited on my HDD. Imma drop a link for it.

#588  March 24, 2019, 12:46:46 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
You mean the one where he wanted a hyper portrait? He addressed that he needed Yamazaki art with short sleeves (CVS, RBFF, KOF2003 and XIV).
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#589  March 24, 2019, 12:55:19 am
#590  March 24, 2019, 01:54:14 am
I meant for the big portrait (like when you select a character). But any offers for hyper portraits are more than welcome.
#591  March 24, 2019, 01:28:56 pm
Welp, I have not done a level 3 port in years but the only art of Yamazaki worth using that I can find with the short sleeves is this.
I made a quick render out of it and change the coloring around to give him a bit more depth.

This should look clear on the level 3 port not blurry or pixelated.
Site like IMGurl and stuff compress the image a tad bit I can upload it to mediafire or something because they added a blur that annoys me

Mediafire link
https://www.mediafire.com/view/w97x8df4h00s89m/yamazki2.png/file

If anyone wants to use this for a level 3 go ahead.
Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 01:34:54 pm by PeXXeR
#592  March 26, 2019, 03:19:51 pm
Thanks for that, mate. I'll probably use it. :D

Anyway, Wani_shimamura released Yamazaki with sprite edits to make him with a good shirt. So, for experiment purposes, I combined his with mine, and the result looks really good.

Would I continue this process? It's a possibility, but I don't know if Wani would be okay with it. I'd give the credit for the new stuff for him, and the CS for Moon Girard if that would be the case.
#593  March 26, 2019, 04:06:30 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#594  March 28, 2019, 10:39:24 pm
I have tried, but apparently, I can't do it for some reason.
#595  March 29, 2019, 09:12:45 pm
Just credit the dude, that should be enough.
#596  April 08, 2019, 03:44:32 pm
Sorry for the Double post but I wanted to ask you something.
I was playing with Raiden and noticed this
https://streamable.com/h8aqh

I know the EX triple punch puts them in place but when picking and choosing your time with a heavy char to punish it seems iffy that the juggle is like that.
#597  April 08, 2019, 05:38:13 pm
Sorry for the Double post but I wanted to ask you something.
I was playing with Raiden and noticed this
https://streamable.com/h8aqh

I know the EX triple punch puts them in place but when picking and choosing your time with a heavy char to punish it seems iffy that the juggle is like that.

is the problem that the super dont fully juggles them in the air?
#598  April 08, 2019, 05:49:30 pm
Regardless if its in the air or not, you are getting punished for having timing and pressing the right buttons.
Granted I am not a Raiden Guru or anything its just a question I wanted to ask.
If I used the EX version of the double punch It would have connected properly but still it just feels off to me as it is.

I dont count on it though cause if you mash hes gonna  cancel the first fist hit mid animation  and go straight for the headsmash. That's a ME thing though.

Im not sure but I believe you can also go for the breath hyper after the headsmash and it will connect.
Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:00:33 pm by PeXXeR
#599  April 09, 2019, 05:32:23 am
To be fair, I didn't know how to approach the headbutt, unique-wise, so to speak, since CvS has it either you get the headbutt, or you get the throw, since there's not much material to work with for him (the only other games are Fatal Fury and KoF XIII, and he's remade without that attack). I know you can do the Raiden Bomber/Flame Breath since it'll keep them in place, but I get what you mean by that. Maybe if I get around to update Raiden, I'll make it different, like I did with Yamazaki's knife attack.

Speaking of Yamazaki, here's a preview of what the new neck part will look like.

I've finished up to the crouching punches, and I hope at the very least will get the new template done in order soon.
#600  April 10, 2019, 04:34:37 am
i cant wait to have your yamazaki! he feels really good in beta