YesNoOk

Looking for cool full games / compilations (Read 4798 times)

Started by Henry Hero, March 26, 2019, 12:36:49 am
Looking for cool full games / compilations
#1  March 26, 2019, 12:36:49 am
    • Brazil
I've been trying to find cool full games or compilations just to have some fun PLAYING mugen for a change.

Most of the things I run into are either broken and buggy / unbalanced or just very very bad. Only one I liked so far was SNK vs Capcom EX, really cool and fun game.

What are some full games or mugen compilations you recommend to have some fun with?
Re: Looking for cool full games / compilations
#2  March 26, 2019, 01:03:26 am
this is the same with me. i was gone from the mugen community for almost a decade, and decided to see whats new. there are countless marvel vs capcom full games out there, many of which are badly broken, thats the downside of these compilations, most people just slap everything together.

I would also like to know which MUGEN full games  are actually legit without all the bugs. All I can really think of is the games from official teams like Hyper DBZ, other than that, I don't know where to find a good compilation for Marvel vs Capcom, CvS, etc. I don't need DBZ characters in my Marvel vs Capcom mugen, rant over.
#3  March 26, 2019, 01:45:37 am
    • USA
What’s good is subjective, as well as what constitutes as a “full game”
For many.. Full game = “Huge roster, Fancy SP” These below are just some I’ve played over the years, some people have biases of certain authors etc(I.e Irukaga over 119way), if you don’t just try them. It’d be easier to say “which games do/have you had the most fun with” I’ve always had more fun with non source accurate content, but to each their own.

MVC = Capcom Universe(Not finished, but nothing mvc comes close to feeling like an official game)
KOF = KOF Extra/Zillion/Wing
CVS = CVS-W
#4  March 26, 2019, 01:57:41 am
    • Brazil
nice! thanks for the suggestions. I don't mind if it's different, like SNK vs Capcom EX, it plays like Darkstalkers or something. As long as most characters play somewhat consistently, I can have fun with it.

I'm downloading KOF Extra right now, looks fun.
#5  March 26, 2019, 02:54:40 am
You can also try the Shades of Manhattan 3 demo
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/shades-manhattan-3-city-chaos-demobeta-186261.0.html
Fighters History Dynasties.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighters-history-dynasties-2-0-timeless-edition-185883.0.html
Touhou Gensokyo reloaded.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/touhou-gensokyo-reloaded-060818-update-version-2-6-1-171500.0.html
Art of Fury
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/art-fury-final-public-release-v1-0-177440.0.html
That's what I can remember.

lui

#6  March 26, 2019, 03:32:34 am
    • USA
Jusitce League X TMNT by kamekaze is fun as hell

Justice League x Street Fighter is a bit wonky and buggy but its casually fun

Hyper Dragonball Z
#7  March 26, 2019, 07:43:14 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
untierable: nijikaku
god tier: hyper dbz, the black heart, project lensman, fighters history: dynasties, art of fatal fury
great tier: touhou: gensokyo reloaded, shades of manhattan 3 demo, super fighter: special edition, famicom fighters demo, snk vs capcom ex
good tier: shades of manhattan 2, capcom vs the world demo, tmnt x justice league, kof:e 2016, robot masters mayhem (the new one)

heres some other stuff worth trying thats of varying quality: dbz x one piece, justice league x street fighter, justice league task force 2, WSMIP Beta 1, card saga wars, project catch em all (its not really a fighting game tbh), shades of manhattan 1, kof zillion, kof wing

avoid the IMT stuff like AvX, X:SC, SMVC:EoH theyre all really bad tbh. tbh i am just hoping the "vs style debuts" becomes a fullgame or REDHOT's fullgame becomes a thing, theres really no good MVC-esque fullgame out there right now

unpopuar opinion, but capcom universe by beximus is also pretty messy, you may like it tho.

im missing some but these are the ones that immediately come to mind

Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:46:19 am by Umezono
#8  March 27, 2019, 01:10:49 am
    • Brazil
nice, thanks for all the suggestions, I tried all these games out, I've been having a lot of fun with Art of Fury and the KOF games.

What about compilations tho? any good one that isn't just a massive roster with a SP thrown in?
#9  March 27, 2019, 02:20:45 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
nice, thanks for all the suggestions, I tried all these games out, I've been having a lot of fun with Art of Fury and the KOF games.

What about compilations tho? any good one that isn't just a massive roster with a SP thrown in?
There is a CVS2 compilation by Yudhiyou you might like, as well as one by I think NDSilva? I have to look but both use Waru, JZ, H, Rei and Gal129 chars (maybe Bajanflash?) and stick to the CVS2 groove system

Duracelleur did a KOF compilation but its pretty much you described. It has like almost every character sprited in KOF style in it and supposedly standardized gameplay.

Infinite is now working on a POTs-esque compilation but thats only in the works
#10  July 01, 2021, 01:34:39 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
there's vsd aka vs style debuts tag team revolution, it now has cvs characters with an mvc feel to it, you should give it a shot sometime henry
#11  July 01, 2021, 02:05:09 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Nijikaku is not untierable, it is "Do Not Mention" tier. It's abhorrent, buggy, and has some really fucked up stuff in there.

One game that does not get mentioned much at all nowadays is Rumble Pack by Liero. Old but gold.

I would like to mention Famicom Fighters by KingPepe as well, very high quality and still gets worked on.
#12  July 01, 2021, 07:11:58 am
    • Indonesia
You folks are aware you're replying to a 2 years old thread from an user who's no longer active, aren't you? Locking this.

Add me at Kazagami#7568 for an invite link to the WaifuLaifu Discord Server