YesNoOk

add004basic (Read 1506661 times)

Started by Shiyo Kakuge, June 18, 2014, 05:46:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: add004basic
#1241  March 25, 2019, 06:01:20 am
seems like now you can do custom sprites for names now for the characters now.
This can bring some wonderful ideas :D

yeah always thought that using an explod as 3rd member for name display would be the right fix, heck health bars for the rest of the players worked before similarly using this way.
#1242  March 25, 2019, 06:09:26 am
  • Raging Fist
only thing left now for coding is one little code that I remember seeing: Light effect.
I remember seeing in KOFEXUM, which used a similar coding based on Add004, where on some stages where author = "light", there's that glow background that gives it that glimpse of a fire light on the character.
#1243  March 25, 2019, 07:52:00 am
  • Rabbit + Fantasy Blob = Blobbit with very high DEF
    • USA
When I restored and re-patched my characters, it ended up butchering most of them from refusing to tag in most of the times, to not working at all and crashing mugen. This kinda bummed me out tbh. I'm using 1.1 btw and using the bs0 lifebars.
#1244  March 25, 2019, 10:31:52 am
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
seems like now you can do custom sprites for names now for the characters now.
This can bring some wonderful ideas :D

Maybe with this it´s possible create the animated portraits for versus screen? Where I can find this new option please? I wanna try it, thank you very much.
#1245  March 25, 2019, 10:55:57 am
    • USA
Not sure how that is related to animated portraits for vs screen.
#1246  March 25, 2019, 11:40:46 am
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
#1247  March 25, 2019, 08:21:06 pm
any idea what I could do in 3v3 to be able to call in any teammate to do an assist? By default you can only call 1 teammate to do their assist. Tried messing with how being able to switch to any partner was done but, alas nothing. thoughts?
#1248  March 25, 2019, 09:59:14 pm
Just curious, how do I nuke just defend from the bars ?
#1249  March 29, 2019, 12:05:48 am
  • So when can i have a profile picture?
    • Brazil

Am i missing something out?
Or is this private?
Like, the fact he can do 4vs4, the different styled lifebar that has littlle icons and names for the other 3 people on your team, the ''cpu level'' whatever could it mean..and much more..
Can someone just tell me if this is just all private or i'm not realizing i can do it too on latest update?
#1250  March 29, 2019, 12:11:10 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
The 4vs4 requires the 3v3/4v4 Mugen Patch and the CPU Level is shown for CPU opponents.
Haven't checked the icons yet.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1251  March 29, 2019, 12:22:28 am
  • So when can i have a profile picture?
    • Brazil
The 4vs4 requires the 3v3/4v4 Mugen Patch and the CPU Level is shown for CPU opponents.
Haven't checked the icons yet.

Okay,  please tell me if the icons are private or work at the latest update somehow.

also apparently i need restore/repatch every single char to work on newer update or else it glitches, is there a way to just patch everyone that has been patched before or it just assumes i dont have too mucch chars?
Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:36:37 am by Icarusu
#1252  March 29, 2019, 09:09:20 pm
Gonna ask again, how do I tell the patcher not to patch just defend in my chars ?
Ive seen some the code about it and I dont want to go char by char and remove the JD code.
If I can tell the patcher to not patch JD in, that would be the ideal solution.
#1253  March 29, 2019, 09:52:46 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
IIRC you used to be able to do that when you went to this in your add004's common1.cns ;;>>@Config.System_Switch>> and uncommented at the just defend bit.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1254  March 29, 2019, 11:51:04 pm
i love add004, but the thing that is lacking is documentation etc, for example there's lots of documentation for unotag and its also a simpler system, but all I see are video uploads of features not explained, and what makes it harder is that add004 is a more difficult system to edit. I get that theres a release notes and everything but it would be a whole lot easier if there was something from the author of this to explain.  its why i dont want to fully implement it over unotag just yet (for 3v3)
#1255  March 30, 2019, 12:42:13 am
IIRC you used to be able to do that when you went to this in your add004's common1.cns ;;>>@Config.System_Switch>> and uncommented at the just defend bit.

I grabbed the latest version of add004 there was no switch like this in there.
#1256  March 30, 2019, 12:47:35 am
    • USA
As automated as it is already, you only have to have general knowledge to edit it further, but when I still see things like "how do I install?" Right there in the notes.. "How do I take this off?" Right there in the notes.. Do "I" have to unpatch all "my" characters to use this update? Huh?? lol. Everything is organized to be dummy proof. Everything has a config switch etc. Once you want to get creative and do your own thing, should you not have the knowledge to do so on your own? Anything that isn't here, if you want to implement, if you know your code, what does it have to do with documentation(even though its there clear as day)? At that point, you are adding something to it on your own no? What each var does is listed, everything is listed and documented.

;;---
;; Find these Marks to Config.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Forgot to add this "How to" that is also included..

You may have seen it, but not many realise that this exisits.

This tells you exactly what the patcher does. If you are having trouble with your characters working, I suggest reading it. Once you do, you'll see that you can manually fix those specific errors. "Start" "End" Keywords. Once you have patched your characters once already, those are the only things you need to change, copy and paste to the right area.
Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:53:14 am by 2Dee4ever
#1257  March 30, 2019, 01:13:00 am
Posting walls upon walls of code and switches for people that don't know or have not used the bars is  not very helpful.
To someone who's been using them for years at this point its easy. I started messing with them last week.

Its like showing you a Wireshark log, you won't understand anything bar basic stuff and asking you why is the level 3 header not pointing to the right address.

I'll figure it out, thanks though.
Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:19:17 am by PeXXeR
#1258  March 30, 2019, 01:30:48 am
    • USA
Everything was a reply to.. Junkerde asked, I answered. Had nothing to do with your troubles.
i love add004, but the thing that is lacking is documentation etc, for example there's lots of documentation for unotag and its also a simpler system, but all I see are video uploads of features not explained, and what makes it harder is that add004 is a more difficult system to edit. I get that theres a release notes and everything but it would be a whole lot easier if there was something from the author of this to explain.  its why i dont want to fully implement it over unotag just yet (for 3v3)
There is a "How to" read me. Most who post here were able to get it as well as many others who probably took the two secs to read it. The OP made it real simple for everyone to use, if you choose to ignore the information, its on you.
#1259  March 30, 2019, 01:46:42 am
"How to" read me huh.

This is what the latest zip contains, Ive checked all of those.

Yep, I understand all of it. (mm2 I would assume is for the screenpack)

Either try to assist people by pointing them to the right direction on what they need to delete/look/whatever
or stop posting pages of code you don't understand yourself.

Anyway, i'm studying the ini's to find the JD code I need to remove, once I figure it out I can post it here so people know exactly what to remove.
Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:58:38 am by PeXXeR
#1260  March 30, 2019, 02:01:36 am
    • USA
That is in the right direction.. Hmm posting the "how to" so you can see.. Posting the "changlelog"so you can see. What you are posting now, is slowly getting into that tilt area. You opened the SP file btw, not the lifebars.. For anyone who can read and read context, I'm sure it'll help them, or at least if you didn't know about that information, now you do. Good luck with learning how to read Pexxer, I'm sure you'll get it eventually.