YesNoOk

Re: Infinite WIP's-I suck at LIFE maybe Gato? (Read 819795 times)

Started by Infinite Daze, August 29, 2012, 07:01:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Infinite WIP's-Whatever...probably Venom or something...
#2601  March 25, 2019, 09:43:03 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
things are becoming serious here!! Oo'
Nice to see you back in the game, Mr. Infinite!! That's a real pleasure!
Re: Infinite WIP's- A Complete Compilation
#2602  March 25, 2019, 10:09:03 pm
  • Niigasan
One of the greatest good to see you still working on stuff
#2603  March 25, 2019, 10:19:26 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/

DW

#2604  March 26, 2019, 05:18:02 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's good to see you're back to doing stuff again big bro. Let's start with some feedback to your compilation's aesthetics:

-I like the hitsparks, but they're too big imo. I'd advise scaling them down a bit, so they don't get in the way too much of the action. Same for the guard sparks. They're even bigger. Also, you should keep a themed color scheme to not detract too much with jarring visuals ques. The normal guard spark is green, which kinda detracts from the overall theme on the sparks. I think it just being white or light blue fits better.

-Don't like the power charge FX at all. Doesn't look very good imo, and the color scheme as aforementioned, is way off, compared to your other FX. Maybe you'd be willing to try the alt charge FX I was gonna use? I still have an older version of my KFM with it implemented if you'd like to sample it. I think it'd look much better than what you currently have.

-Same goes for the parry FX. Not too fond of it. Red isn't a good color to use for it, and it's also far too "busy". What I mean by that is a parry FX is meant to be quick and clean, not over exaggerated, because you can do it in rapid succession. If anything I'd just stick to the default one, but if you're hell bent on using something different, you should scale it down and change the color.

-Since you're not using any of the worded explod stuff, the giant "EX" appearing on chars when they do EX moves is very jarring and out of place. I suggest getting rid of that, and using just a simple flash FX. Changing the color scheme from yellow to let's say white, may be more befitting as well. An example of this would be MKX/Injustice 2 enhanced specials. I think something like that would gel much better.

-The "Super Cancel" wording that pops up feels out of place as well. You could do w/o that altogether and just go with the all black BG, or have something like a special BG pop up.

I didn't see everything, so I can't comment on it all. Just based on what I saw in those vids there. I can give more feedback, when I see more.

That aside, how much are you charging for CSs? What if I set everything up and do like half of it myself and let you do the final half? Also, are you adding in hi-resing FX? Like, charging for that as well? I got someone I want to CS, but I need to outsource some of the work load.
Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:32:59 am by DW
#2605  March 26, 2019, 10:41:05 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Another Video AI fight- Dark Sakura Vs. Dan

things are becoming serious here!! Oo'
Nice to see you back in the game, Mr. Infinite!! That's a real pleasure!
Thanks Hephaistos

One of the greatest good to see you still working on stuff
Thanks Prime.

-I like the hitsparks, but they're too big imo. I'd advise scaling them down a bit, so they don't get in the way too much of the action. Same for the guard sparks. They're even bigger. Also, you should keep a themed color scheme to not detract too much with jarring visuals ques. The normal guard spark is green, which kinda detracts from the overall theme on the sparks. I think it just being white or light blue fits better.
OK, I scaled down the hitspark size, and made a new normal guard spark.

-Don't like the power charge FX at all. Doesn't look very good imo, and the color scheme as aforementioned, is way off, compared to your other FX. Maybe you'd be willing to try the alt charge FX I was gonna use? I still have an older version of my KFM with it implemented if you'd like to sample it. I think it'd look much better than what you currently have.
yeah, the power charge is a place holderfor right now, I like the floor fx but not the top. If you send me those KFM charge fx's I definitely will take a good look.

-Same goes for the parry FX. Not too fond of it. Red isn't a good color to use for it, and it's also far too "busy". What I mean by that is a parry FX is meant to be quick and clean, not over exaggerated, because you can do it in rapid succession. If anything I'd just stick to the default one, but if you're hell bent on using something different, you should scale it down and change the color.
It is red violet... but I kind of get what you are saying, I changed it to a more blue/green color and scaled it down. I was trying to create more of a contrast with the parry fx but the blue green looks ok, I was just sick of the same blue parry FX which can be hard to see if other similar fx's (hadou energies) are on screen.

-Since you're not using any of the worded explod stuff, the giant "EX" appearing on chars when they do EX moves is very jarring and out of place. I suggest getting rid of that, and using just a simple flash FX. Changing the color scheme from yellow to let's say white, may be more befitting as well. An example of this would be MKX/Injustice 2 enhanced specials. I think something like that would gel much better.
Yeah I was just having that because it made the EX moves look a little more official than normal specials but I can remove it because it was a bit much I guess,

-The "Super Cancel" wording that pops up feels out of place as well. You could do w/o that altogether and just go with the all black BG, or have something like a special BG pop up.
The Super cancel text is there because these characters will have more super cancels options than previously seen but I'll have more on that later...

That aside, how much are you charging for CSs? What if I set everything up and do like half of it myself and let you do the final half? Also, are you adding in hi-resing FX? Like, charging for that as well? I got someone I want to CS, but I need to outsource some of the work load.
normally I would charge $25 for a full CS. but if you are halfway done I could finish them for $10-15 depending I can do your Fx's for free because FX's take much less time for me to do than a CS.

Here are my commission prices - http://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t457-infinite-commissions
Re: Infinite WIP's- A Complete Compilation & Commissions
#2606  March 26, 2019, 10:57:40 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
1. Certain Hit Sparks are too strong in terms of blackness.
2. Will the Super Movesets for every character be similar to your characters when it comes to Level 3s? Ex.: QCF x2 P+K.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Re: Infinite WIP's- A Complete Compilation & Commissions
#2607  March 27, 2019, 03:31:38 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Dan x Sakura Vs Daimon x Benimaru

1. Certain Hit Sparks are too strong in terms of blackness.
Those are Counter hitsparks
2. Will the Super Movesets for every character be similar to your characters when it comes to Level 3s? Ex.: QCF x2 P+K.
Yes, for the most part Lv.3 will consist of motions+P+K, I personally like that command since max supers are usually motions+PP or KK.
Re: Infinite WIP's- Commission Leona Heidern
#2608  March 30, 2019, 05:08:18 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Hi mr. Infinite! Could you show some of Leona’s progress? Thank you!
#2609  March 30, 2019, 05:51:42 pm
    • UK
'this gonna be a Full Character or CS?
WIP Schedule:
#2610  March 30, 2019, 07:28:54 pm
Sensei!!! You've returned!!!!
#2611  March 30, 2019, 08:00:57 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Hi mr. Infinite! Could you show some of Leona’s progress? Thank you!

Sure thing Mr.Karate

Current Commissioned WIP- Leona Heidern
commissioned by Mr.Karate

Strike Arch is supposed to hit high...

status-about 80% done only have to finish Specials, Supers and AI.
'this gonna be a Full Character or CS?
Leona is a full character, but I have been commissioned for a CS after Leona

Sensei!!! You've returned!!!!
Thanks Koopa, It feels good to be back and make things again.

If anyone is interested in contributing some color palettes to Leona here is her color template.
#2612  March 30, 2019, 08:17:54 pm
    • UK
I'm not sure about the Choice of the XII-XIV outfit, I'm more for the Classic outfit but you do you.
Will she have an Orochi mode or some relation to it?
WIP Schedule:
#2613  March 30, 2019, 08:36:24 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I guess that I'll have to work on another one, with the new outfit then! xD

#2614  March 30, 2019, 10:34:06 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
I'm not sure about the Choice of the XII-XIV outfit, I'm more for the Classic outfit but you do you.
Will she have an Orochi mode or some relation to it?
It is a commission, I was originally going to do the classic Leona for my game because she has way more sprites and animations. I do like Leona's newer look though I don't mind at all.

I guess that I'll have to work on another one, with the new outfit then! xD

That is a really nice pic... someone else could commission me to do the classic version if they wanted :}

Color Me Bad!!!
#2615  March 30, 2019, 11:01:28 pm
    • USA
It’s okay to commission characters here? It’s been so finicky here, you never know.
#2616  March 30, 2019, 11:06:06 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
#2617  March 30, 2019, 11:18:09 pm
    • USA
I don’t mean this topic, I meant this forum. Sorry for interrupting.
#2618  March 30, 2019, 11:37:10 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
OK, tried making one based off KOF XII
#2619  March 30, 2019, 11:44:17 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
commissioning is fine, we get finicky when people sell characetrs with other peoples code and then dont credit them.
#2620  April 01, 2019, 03:44:32 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I personally think this next one is a must:

Angel (Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad)

Also, a kinda custom

And a character that also switches the hair colour, quite often actually;