YesNoOk

Project Catch 'Em All (Read 753017 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project Catch 'Em All
#701  April 01, 2019, 12:29:16 am
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Wow, awesome update. Items are a really cool addition, and its great to see some of my Pokemon officially in the game. Speaking of my Pokemon, is there any extra code I need to add to my work in progress ones due to the items?

Also I apologise for my lack of updates recently, I have a load of work for uni, but the holidays aren't too far off so I should have plenty of time to work on fixing up my characters soon.
#702  April 01, 2019, 01:24:50 am
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
Speaking of my Pokemon, is there any extra code I need to add to my work in progress ones due to the items?

Literally too much to add, as the code requires extensive changes to the character, though most of it is simply copy-paste.

For your remaining characters (Sharpedo, etc), you need to add the following information:

1. The formula for Special Defence is changed to one that uses Assault Vest in addition to other calculations, such as Sandstorm and Rock-types. If your code looked like this beforehand, where # is the Pokemon's original stat:

Code:
trigger1 = fvar(7):=floor((###)*fvar(37)) ; Special Defense

change it to this if it isn't a rock type:

Code:
trigger1 = fvar(7):=floor(((###)*fvar(37))*ifelse(var(21)=16,1.5,1))

or this if it is:

Code:
trigger1 = fvar(7):=floor((((###)*fvar(37))*ifelse(var(37)=5,1.5,1))*ifelse(var(21)=16,1.5,1))

Then, if your Pokemon has a status move within their movelist, you need to add the following code to the starting statedef of the Pokemon's status move.

Code:
[State SelfState];Assault Vest Restriction
type = SelfState
triggerall = var(21) = 16;Assault Vest
trigger1 = time <= 1
value = 2203

2. The damage formula has been changed to accommodate Life Orb, but before this, we need to add in the following code to the starting statedef of the Pokemon's attack moves (500, 510, etc).

Code:
[State LifeAdd];Life Orb Life Loss
type = LifeAdd
triggerall = time = 2
triggerall = var(21) = 17;Life Orb
triggerall = var(30) <= 0;If attack would hit
trigger1 = ((var(40) <= 0 && name = "Clefable") || (name != "Clefable"))
value = -ceil(lifemax/10)
ignorehitpause = 1
absolute = 1
kill = 0

[State VarSet];Life Orb Display Damage Numbers
type = VarSet
triggerall = time = 2
triggerall = var(21) = 17;Life Orb
triggerall = var(30) <= 0;If attack would hit
trigger1 = ((var(40) <= 0 && name = "Clefable") || (name != "Clefable"))
v = 6
value = 0+ceil(lifemax/10)

Next, you need to change the "move's power" part of the hitdef code so that it accommodates Life Orb. If your code looked like this beforehand:

Code:
fall.envshake.phase = floor(20*1.5)

change it to either of these two:

Code:
fall.envshake.phase = floor((20)*ifelse(root,var(21)=17,1.3,1)); Power affected by Life Orb

Code:
fall.envshake.phase = floor((20*1.5)*ifelse(root,var(21)=17,1.3,1)); Power affected by STAB and Life Orb

Remember to remove the "Root," part of the code if the main Pokemon is hitting the opponent instead of the helper.

3. Shell Bell code.

Copy and paste the following code above statedef -3:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Copy and paste the following code within statedef -3, preferable at the bottom of the file:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Finally, the below two parts of code needs to be adjusted so it works with the current Pokemon's moves. Currently, Shell Bell recovers your HP if you're in either of the states specified, regardless of where the attack hits. For example, if the Pokemon has an attack within state 500, 511, and 528, these need to be changed where each of the below occur. In this example:

Code:
triggerall = root,stateno = 501 || root,stateno = 511 || root,stateno = 522

triggerall = stateno = 501 || stateno = 511 || stateno = 522

The above need to be the below:

Code:
triggerall = root,stateno = 500 || root,stateno = 511 || root,stateno = 528

triggerall = stateno = 500 || stateno = 511 || stateno = 528

These are the main things that need to be applied at the moment. Critical Hits and the effects of the weather and the Big Root item are optional if the character can be healed by their own moves, if the character can change the weather, and/or if the character has a move with a higher critical ratio.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#703  April 03, 2019, 05:34:36 pm
  • Shadow characters are too edgy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • USA
Nice, beta 5 is finally out. The new Characters are cool and the item system is good as well. Now don't take char this seriously. I just got bored so I posting this just for fun. I remade Raichu a little and now his Quick attack is now stronger. But, it doesn't go as far, its also slower. I don't want this Raichu in the full Game. I just got bored.
 https://mega.nz/#F!yj4xQY4Y!h9La1yXeJIsEjQG_SRKMUg And good luck for the rest of the updates.
#704  April 03, 2019, 08:07:59 pm
    • Barbados
I like it, and i like that you change the thunderwave to iron tail, but i suggest you change the effect of quick attack and give it to the iron tail (unless you got a better idea of course) and either keep the original quick attack or push it behind the iron tail and make it a different move
Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:11:32 pm by DimG
#705  April 04, 2019, 01:57:09 am
    • USA
DimG I got Raichu from this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqyFh4EIVOo All I did was change quick attack to be more like tackle. The Youtuber from this link was the one who made a spriteswap from the old version Pikachu.
#706  April 04, 2019, 02:12:23 am
    • Barbados
O
Ive seen those, but never tried them because they ere outdated but i lke the idea, anyways
#707  May 31, 2019, 05:59:25 pm
    • Barbados
Been a while, how has everything been?
How's life
butmore importantky how are updates going?
#708  June 01, 2019, 03:07:18 am
    • UK
Been a while, how has everything been?
How's life
butmore importantky how are updates going?

I haven't worked on anything of note at this point in time. Spriting animations for Pokemon that don't have a sprite sheet is difficult and time-consuming at best. I may not get any more Pokemon released that need a whole set of animations anytime soon.

Thus, I feel as though I should dedicate my time to character balancing instead. Here are the things I'm proposing:

1. Hitmontop's Triple Kick will be replaced with Aerial Ace, as he needs a move to deal with Ghost types. If he comes across one during an Arcade run, he's as good as dead.
2. Snorlax replaces Strength with Heavy Slam to make him slightly more viable to play.
3. Clefable requires a massive overhaul to make it more fairy-like. Its moves to replace as follows:

Mega Punch > Moonblast
Body Slam > Calm Mind
Comet Punch > Stored Power
Metronome (Uses from own moveset, otherwise from all the moves in the game. Can choose between one offensive and one defensive move from each type.)

Metronome Moves:

Code:
Normal  : Covet, Tickle
Fire    : [ORIGINAL MOVE], Sunny Day
Water   : [ORIGINAL MOVE], Rain Dance
Grass   : Magical Leaf, Cotton Guard/Spore
Bug     : Signal Beam, Heal Order
Ice     : Ice Beam, Icy Wind
Electric: [ORIGINAL MOVE], Charge Beam/Shock Wave
Fighting: Focus Blast, Seismic Toss
Rock    : [ORIGINAL MOVE], Stealth Rock
Ground  : Mud-Slap, Spikes
Flying  : Bounce, Defog/Feather Dance
Poison  : Smog/Poison Fang, Toxic
Psychic : Psyshock, Amnesia
Ghost   : Shadow Ball, Curse
Dragon  : Clanging Scales, Dragon Dance
Dark    : Knock Off, Fake Tears
Steel   : Meteor Mash, Shift Gear
Fairy   : Dazzling Gleam, Misty Terrain/Charm

I'm not so sure about Mewtwo; Though Psycho Cut and even Psychic can be replaced, I'm not sure what to replace them with without him being overpowered.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#709  June 03, 2019, 12:07:32 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
I think that going back and revamping some of the older pokemon is a great idea, and as for Mewtwo, maybe disable would work? I don't know if that would make him too good or not but theres not really many options that wouldn't make it too strong.
#710  June 03, 2019, 08:12:06 pm
    • USA
#711  June 13, 2019, 06:55:45 pm
    • Barbados
The revamp seems interesting and im looking foward to it, and the next update.
I mean Mewtwo is currently pretty powerful so, i dont know what your gonna do there.
#712  June 14, 2019, 07:00:21 am
    • Barbados
Just found out, Spiritomb toys with the current Mewtwo
#713  June 16, 2019, 09:05:38 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Hello, I know its been a while, but I'm going to start working on some more Pokemon again now that its finally summer. I'll also fix up my ongoing projects, however I have also started work on two of my favourite Ghost type Pokemon: Sableye and Rotom. One of the moves I want to give Sableye is Knock Off, but that sounds like it could be a complex move. My question is, is it possible to check if the opponent has an item, and if so, can I remove it with Knock Off?

Edit: There was also mention of additional code needed for the Big Root if the Pokemon has a move that heals them. As Eevee's Bouncy Bubble does this, what would be the code I need for Eevee?
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:33:00 pm by poiuygfd
#714  June 18, 2019, 07:41:22 pm
    • Barbados
Welcome back and Happy summer.
looking out for the upgrades and new characters. :D
#715  June 19, 2019, 10:59:22 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Thanks  ;D

I have the new update for Eevee practically done, it should now be compatible with almost every item, and Quick Attack has been replaced with a new move, Last Resort. The only thing I'm waiting for is to learn how to add the Big Root code, though I may just dig through the code of other characters to try and find out for myself. Once that is done, I can release the beta 5 version of Eevee.

Sableye is also coming close to completion, as all I have left to do is find out how I can implement Knock Off. MissingNo also shouldn't take long to update, although I also intend to revamp Submission.
#716  June 20, 2019, 02:57:05 am
    • Barbados
O yes, my little eevee is coming back :b
sableye, knock off sounds interesting and funnly annoying
and missing NO. is welcomed
#717  June 23, 2019, 11:49:47 am
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
#718  June 26, 2019, 01:55:20 am
    • UK
Argh, sorry about the delay of my answers! I'll get to the responses now:

The only thing I'm waiting for is to learn how to add the Big Root code, though I may just dig through the code of other characters to try and find out for myself. Once that is done, I can release the beta 5 version of Eevee.

On simple self-healing like Blissey's Soft-boiled, you would use the following code inside the attack state, paying attention to the "ifelse" part of the code:

Code:
[State LifeAdd]
type = LifeAdd
trigger1 = Time = 163
value = ceil((lifemax/2)*ifelse(var(21)=12,1.3,1))

[State VarSet];Display Heal Numbers
type = VarSet
trigger1 = Time = 163
v = 6
value =ceil((lifemax/2)*ifelse(var(21)=12,1.3,1)) ; Heal Boosted By Big Root
The "##" is the power of the move itself.

For drain-based moves, you'll need a different type of code.  First you'll need to change the code of the damage for the attack itself so it looks like the below:

Code:
fall.envshake.phase = floor((##*1.5)*ifelse(root,var(21)=17,1.3,1))

This code came from Bellossom's Giga Drain. Next, you'll need to add the following code into statedef -3, also from Bellossom:

Code:
[State LifeAdd];Giga Drain Heal
type = LifeAdd
triggerall = teammode != simul
triggerall = stateno = ###
triggerall = numenemy >= 1
trigger1 = enemynear,var(6)
value = 0+(var(6):=ceil((enemynear,var(6)*0.5)*ifelse(var(21)=12,1.3,1))) ; Heal Boosted By Big Root
kill = 0
persistent = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

type = LifeAdd
triggerall = teammode = simul
trigger1 = enemy(0),life >= 1
trigger1 = enemy(0),var(6)
value = 0+(var(6):=ceil((enemy(0),var(6)*0.5)*ifelse(var(21)=12,1.3,1))) ; Heal Boosted By Big Root
kill = 0
persistent = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

type = LifeAdd
triggerall = teammode = simul
trigger1 = enemy(1),life >= 1
trigger1 = enemy(1),var(6)
value = 0+(var(6):=ceil((enemy(1),var(6)*0.5)*ifelse(var(21)=12,1.3,1))) ; Heal Boosted By Big Root
kill = 0
persistent = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

The "stateno = ###" refers to the state that you would heal the damage dealt to the opponent. This is important, as different Pokemon require the trigger to refer to all states where the Pokemon is actively draining the opponent.

Sableye is also coming close to completion, as all I have left to do is find out how I can implement Knock Off. MissingNo also shouldn't take long to update, although I also intend to revamp Submission.

The item needed for Knock Off is var(20) and var(21). The values are as follows:

Code:
var(20) = Item State:
- 0 = Unused
- 1 = Unused (Sticky Hold)
- 2 = Unused (Klutz)
- 3 = Used Consumable Item
- 4 = Used Held Item
- 5 = Used Held Item (Sticky Hold)
- 6 = Unusable (Embargo)
- 7 = Unusable (Magic Room)
- 8 = Removed and cannot regain
var(21) = Used Item Effect:
- 0 = None
- 1 = Full Restore
- 2 = X Attack 2
- 3 = X Defence 2
- 4 = X Speed 2
- 5 = X Sp.Atk 2
- 6 = X Sp.Def 2
- 7 = X Accuracy 2
- 8 = X Evade 2 [DOESN'T EXIST IN ACTUAL GAME]
- 9 = Dire Hit 2
- 10 = White Herb (Removes all lowered stats instantly)
- 11 = Grip Claw ("Binding" move's active turns = 8, "Multi-strike" move's active hits becomes maximum)
- 12 = Big Root (30% healing boost for all moves that heal the user)
- 13 = Rock Collection (Weather turns active = 8 turns)
- 14 = Terrain Extender (Terrain/Surge turns active = 8 turns)
- 15 = Leftovers
- 16 = Assault Vest (Special Defence +50%, prevents use of status moves)
- 17 = Life Orb (Move's Power = +30%, adds recoil effect of 10% of Max HP)
- 18 = Weakness Policy (If hit by weakness, ATK/S.ATK increased by 2 levels, but only once)
- 19 = Shell Bell (Recover 1/4 of damage dealt as HP)
- 20 = Safety Goggles (Immune to weather damage, the effects of the enemy's "spore"/"powder"/"sand" moves, and accuracy-reduction moves.)

To use with Knock Off, you would send the opponent to the "dropped item" state, then use the below code to check what their item state is, then apply the changes as needed:

Code:
[State VarSet]
type = VarSet
triggerall = Time = 0
trigger1 = var(20) >= 3
v = 20
value = 8

[State VarSet]
type = VarSet
triggerall = Time = 0
trigger1 = var(20) >= 3
v = 21
value = 0

For example with the move Fling, Delibird uses var(20) and var(21) to check whether an item is being held, and then removes that item.

OK I think I managed to figure out the Big Root stuff on my own so hopefully Eevee should now function correctly with every item now. On top of that, as mentioned before, Eevee now has a new move in Last Resort.

Here is the new and improved Eevee: https://www.mediafire.com/file/tv5r7wv1mmloide/PartnerEevee.zip

Only problem with Eevee is Last Resort itself:

1. The stars start to form into one, but they disappear before joining together. Then nothing happens for a second or so before a huge star appears out of nowhere and is shot out from the pokemon, with an awkward rotating pattern.

2. The attack itself has "pausetime = 0,8" for the enemy. This causes the opponent to land on the ground normally, even though they were sent flying by the star attack. We don't use "pausetime" in this game simply bacause it screws up the functionality of the "Fall" part of the attack's code, and can lead to certain problems that are solved by removing it, or at least setting all its values to 0.

Otherwise it's good enough to join the game itself.

#719  June 28, 2019, 08:09:42 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
OK I fixed the issues outlined with Eevee: Bouncy Bubble should now properly use the Big Root, Last Resort's animation has been adjusted and the pausetime has been changed, and something I noticed during testing is Bouncy Bubble was using the wrong animation, so that has also been fixed.

Anyway, here is the new link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h7zpo24kpl1e33q/PartnerEevee.zip
#720  August 14, 2019, 03:10:28 pm
    • Barbados
Time for the long awaited check up
How have updates and life been so far?