YesNoOk

Bowser Jr. V3 (Remastered) Released! (Read 5087 times)

Started by DS12 Productions, April 15, 2019, 04:41:15 pm
Share this topic:
Bowser Jr. V3 (Remastered) Released!
#1  April 15, 2019, 04:41:15 pm
  • DS12's MLG storage full of poyos
    • USA
    • diamondawesomeness.wixsite.com/mugencharsandstages
Well, this took about 2 weeks since its W.I.P debut, but I suppose I've been working on it since the end of January.
So, this little koopaling's making his first release in M.U.G.E.N. Hopefully this one will replace my old...infamous Bowser Jr. from 2016.
Here's the video:

DOWNLOAD:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P8ibwnO9y4lD6jBSkC1Q3h3Qi7lORcXa

Hope you all will enjoy him!
I like trains :]
Lol JK, I'm only gonna be stalking here, nothing much to do here anyway.
Re: Bowser Jr. V3 (Remastered) Released!
#2  April 15, 2019, 05:41:16 pm
    • Brazil
The first main thing I noticed, which is more about the movelist and slightly less about coding: first, he can have a lot of things in the screen (the small coding part), but also he has way too many helpers. Not only does he fill the screen with projectiles, but also with different characters using those projectiles, its a total mess. Bowser Jr. has enough powers on his own to not summon Bowser and Kamek as assists. Also, the mechakoopa just takes too many hits to kill for a non-super assist that actually uses projectiles, one or two would be enough for him.
#3  April 16, 2019, 12:13:43 am
    • USA
Heh, well you see, Bowser jr in general is all about minions, machines and assists rather than combat. So I just made him like that. Also I really don’t know what you want me to do about the replacement of Bowser and Kamek, I feel like I’ve worked too hard for them to be replaced, also I was low on ideas at that time lmao.

However I could change the mechakoopa up a bit, but only up to 3 hits though. The rest...I don’t know, they’re not really convincing for me to fix.

Thanks for the feedback though, expect the update when I recreate my super better Mario bros! :3
#4  April 16, 2019, 04:26:49 am
    • Brazil
I will not insist, but I must add this: Bowser Jr. may be "all about minions" in the Mario games, but MUGEN is a fighting game engine. Sure we have boss-like characters, but you clearly are trying a character with relatively normal gameplay, having a bunch of people jumping and fighting for him makes the fight polluted, overwhelming and, honestly, generic and less original. Look at him in Smash, its him using his own attacks, not summoning people. Mario games and fighting games are different scenarios.
#5  April 16, 2019, 05:30:24 am
    • USA
Well, you are right about two things: I did make him have some SSBU gameplay. But I didn't try to make him look that way ENTIRELY now did I (That clown car and spike bomb hyper was heavily inspired by NSMBW and that's not from smash :3)? If I were to make a character called, "Bowser Jr." with fewer assists when the whole point of Bowser Jr. was "minions," then that defeats the purpose lol. There might even be no point in creating him in the first place. Besides if you'd look at him in smash, it's CLEARLY his clown car doing the work, not him. The only work he's doing is throwing items and doing his final smash (and his up special but I didn't design Bowser Jr like that :P). Here's the thing, I wanted bowser jr to have gameplays between Mario games and smash itself. The hitsparks, hitsounds, effects and some moves were clearly the smash-like, while the rest of it was just from Mario games, so I tried being in the middle.

Basically, I tried to make Bowser Jr smash-like for good measure, but ALSO like from how he fights like a boss and summons several minions in many Mario games, so...in-between. I know you think it's meaningless and has different scenarios, but I guess inspirations and creativity are my specialties. Though, I do hope you understand what I'm getting at here.