YesNoOk

Frank West updated (4/17/19) (Read 4083 times)

Started by Kamekaze, April 17, 2019, 04:47:29 pm
Share this topic:
Frank West updated (4/17/19)
#1  April 17, 2019, 04:47:29 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
http://network.mugenguild.com/kamekaze/

changelog:
-Vans reflect code updated
-command buffer updated
-AI update
-combos more consistent
-roll now no longer completely invul after 14f. meaning he can be thrown after
-counter throw added

It's been a long time since I updated him eh? Well he should feel a lot better to play with and the AI is a lot more free form and shouldn't drop much of anything anymore. So I nerfed his roll a bit so that he can be punished better. Makes it less of a get out of jail free card. he loses throw invul after a few frames but keeps the rest of it meaning he can be grabbed and punished mid roll. Counter throw just means you nor the AI can tech when a throw is used as a counter hit.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Re: Frank West updated (4/17/19)
#2  April 18, 2019, 06:59:09 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Thanks for the update man. Mr. West is still and probably always will be one of my all time favorite mugen characters by far. Just curious though, when you say you tweaked his AI, does that mean you possibly made him a little less brutal to fight against? I'm sure it's just me, but I can barely ever land a hit on him, and if I do, it's just him letting me get a hit so that he can move in closer and unload the apocalypse on me. If you didn't tone him down at all, could you possibly consider coding a less aggressive AI option for him in the future when you have no other active projects? I'm not asking for a punching bag, just something like 50-75% as hard as he is now, because he seriously is unbeatable and basically unhittable to me. I want to fully enjoy your work, but I'll never be a professional 2d Fighter.
#3  April 18, 2019, 07:53:22 am
  • God Slayer
  • The path of resistance.
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius
Quit the griping and get good. Kame's AI isn't even 'max potential' for a character, anyway, even if they can be pretty dickish in how they handle the character and whatever nonsense is in it.
#4  April 18, 2019, 11:35:18 am
    • USA
Okay dude lol.
#5  April 18, 2019, 01:18:21 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Lower the ai level and work your way up. He's far from impossible. I made the ai less prone to dropping combos so technically he's stronger now than he's ever been before. Also there was an issue with downloading the correct version for firefox users for some reason so ensure you have the latest one by checking the date on the files in his folder.
Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:43:22 pm by Kamekaze
#6  April 19, 2019, 05:42:00 am
    • Canada
Okay dude lol.

It is *NOT* just you, don't let that other guy try to gaslight you with that "gitgud scrub" bullshit. Kamekaze lives in a bizzaro world where AI scale at level 1 starts at "SNK boss" hard, and just goes up from there.

It's a fun character to play as, but not against. Just do what I do and give him an order number in select.def that doesn't correspond to anything in your maxmatches. That way he won't show up as an opponent.

#7  April 19, 2019, 05:57:58 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I'm sorry you feel that way. At level one he barely moves so I dont understand your grievance. This latest update goes one step further to scale him. If you aren't seeing that redownload and let me know what you see. I do not appreciate the comparison to actually cheap things when the balance in him was done with very delicate detail. If you have the character training you can observe that his moves on block are extremely punishable and his normals aren't that fast as well. I don't want to assume your skill is lacking so let's rule all this other stuff I mentioned out before we point to you

Edit: I literally watched them on AI level 1 and up and he doesnt do much of anything until 5 or higher. So I'd really prefer you not slander my hard work with libel that you haven't bothered to see for yourself.
Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 06:09:34 am by Kamekaze
#8  April 19, 2019, 07:00:40 am
    • Canada
Sorry, I'm exaggerating for effect, not trying to personally attack you. I'm going to come clean, admit I'm the asshole cause.... I didn't even try the new one at that point.

That said after I saw your post I did give this new one a try, and yes, it's much more reasonable than the previous version. Beatable up to level 6 after like 30 minutes. Level 8, not so much. I don't run mugen at level one, so can't speak to his difficulty at that setting, but again, exaggeration.

but... Even though I'll eat crow and admit I'm a jerkface, lets not pretend your AI isn't hard. No, it's absolutely not a bunch of unending unbreakable combo nonsense like pre-to or whatever KOF Zillenial version of K' with a different head and 54mb of effects, but its not easy either.

#9  April 19, 2019, 01:21:39 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Thank you for taking a second look. Not many are willing to  step up in that regard and I'm glad this came to a peaceful resolution
#10  April 20, 2019, 03:53:05 am
    • USA
I've been busy the past few days, but I do plan on testing him out tonight, and I'll start on the lowest difficulty setting and work up as suggested. Like I stated in my original post, it might just be that I suck more than I thought I did. I wasn't trying to imply he's cheap at all, he's just extremely brutal, or just doesn't like me. I love a challenge, I've just never been able to beat him, so I set him to order=0 in my roster a long time ago and haven't tested his ai again in a while. Even still, like I said, he's one of my all time favorite mugen characters. My inability to defeat him doesn't diminish his quality in any way. It's honestly like that with all of your characters that I have though. To me, they are some of the hardest to fight against...ever. I can't beat any of Muteki's characters either, or most POTS's. I'm not afraid to admit I'm not the greatest lol. I look forward to testing out all of his updates though, I'll let you know how he feels if you're interested. Thanks again.