YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2610933 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8961  April 17, 2019, 01:27:03 am
    • Brazil
I dunno man, I've been wanting a fuckin' not-shit port of Darkstalkers (I own 2 and 3 on Saturn), plus hey, this actually works with my TV.

I'm down.
They already released Darkstalkers Ressurection for PS3 (and I think 360 and PC as well), which is basically two Darkstalkers games in HD. Also, lets be real, look at this thing's price, its overpriced even outside of Brazil, a country where every single thing, specially regarding games is overpriced.

I really really really wish Capcom would stop trying to re-release same Darkstalkers games over and over again and either actually make a new title or let the franchise die.  It's some serious marketing department bullshit that they keep basing the decision whether to make a new Darkstalkers on how willing people still are to purchase the exact same video game they've already been sold 20 times over.
Yeah, even Darkstalkers Ressurection was just a cheap HD filtered version, they didn't even make new sprites like SF2 HD. And the game has potential to be a humorous cartoon-like fighting game, maybe not even 3D. I still can't get off my head that they said they would make another Darkstalkers game if they made enough money with Ressurection, but guess what, despite being a top sale of the time, they said it "wasn't enough", probably because it wasn't AAA levels of profit, what were they expecting for a fucking HD collection with two games? Top sales is an excellent result! I really hope Capcom reveals more stuff this year, because, so far, for fighting games at least, its been shit.
#8962  April 17, 2019, 01:33:25 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Agreed, this does not need to exist. But at the same time, this just makes me wish they did a digital collection and brought in said games in that collection.
#8963  April 18, 2019, 02:16:14 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
When it too good to be true it actually is Capcom used an illegal non commercial emulator.  lawsuit!
Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 02:19:29 pm by videoman
#8964  April 18, 2019, 07:54:15 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

Bloodlines and Kid Dracula round up the Castlevania annevirsary colllection.

lui

#8965  April 18, 2019, 08:42:11 pm
    • USA
Agreed, this does not need to exist. But at the same time, this just makes me wish they did a digital collection and brought in said games in that collection.

its a collectors item for those who are diehard fans who buy shelves worth of merch. people never buy these things for the fact it has emulation lol they buy it for the novelty

it really isnt that big of a deal, its clearly for people who are into that sort of stuff and is easily ignorable

sure, it doesnt *need* to exist, but it doesnt really matter that it does
#8966  April 18, 2019, 09:04:25 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
#8967  April 18, 2019, 09:22:59 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
This is fate.
Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:43:11 pm by Darkrow
#8968  April 18, 2019, 09:29:47 pm
  • Raging Fist
This will be Sony's downfall. PC Master race anyday!
#8969  April 18, 2019, 09:44:35 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Damn it Sony, you were our salvaltion! You were the chosen ones when it came to anime games! You were suppose to bring us to the light, not caress the darkness! This kind of news makes me realise that Sony has gotten "woke" as they call it.
#8970  April 18, 2019, 10:41:18 pm
    • Brazil
Patethic. Sony thinks that because their console is currently leading the market that they can do a lot of stupid stuff and get away with it, first the whole crossplay bullshit, now this, I love the PlayStation and its exclusives to death, but I really hope the next Microsoft console kicks them in the balls.
#8971  April 19, 2019, 04:42:52 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Wayforward and Arcsys are collaborating on an all girl reboot of River City Ransom called River City Girls and it’s like if someone scientifically designed a game to specifically appeal to me, personally.
#8972  April 19, 2019, 08:47:48 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Call me when they do a female version of Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari where everyone's a sukeban in an ankle-length skirt.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#8973  April 20, 2019, 12:21:31 am
Not sure about the girls, but River City Ransom is just the English title of Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari
#8974  April 20, 2019, 03:38:52 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Why do they continue with the River City Ransom branding?
I want Kunio-kun, not his americanization.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#8975  April 20, 2019, 03:49:52 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Because River City Ransom is the fucking shit and Kunio-kun is for weeaboos.
#8976  April 21, 2019, 03:39:41 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
https://kotaku.com/report-sony-has-new-stricter-guidelines-for-sexual-co-1834093769

Most anime-like gamers have a veeeery bad feeling about this...

This will be Sony's downfall. PC Master race anyday!

Patethic. Sony thinks that because their console is currently leading the market that they can do a lot of stupid stuff and get away with it, first the whole crossplay bullshit, now this, I love the PlayStation and its exclusives to death, but I really hope the next Microsoft console kicks them in the balls.

I feel bad that a company that was ahead in the video games market decided to fall from grace like this. What make them to do such a thing? I don't know.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#8977  April 21, 2019, 03:56:57 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

I wished Capcom would also revive Power Stone 2. But yeah we need new games.  :computer:  I'd love to see a Breath Of Fire Tactics or a new Gem Fighter.

At least we'll be getting SOR4 and Ninjawarriors Once Again.  :beatnik:

but I really hope the next Microsoft console kicks them in the balls.

I think they might with the Holo Lens although I'm worried about its price together with the Xbox2.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#8978  April 22, 2019, 04:44:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I feel bad that a company that was ahead in the video games market decided to fall from grace like this. What make them to do such a thing? I don't know.

AFAIK, it's becuase they chagned the management of the ps stuff to be america based; so #metoo and stuff. Other guys says becuase the japanese branch wants to keep on appealing to china markets (which would make the #metto thing a pretty stupid thing to even mention, but it was sony the ones that originally mentioned that).
#8979  April 25, 2019, 03:41:33 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#8980  April 25, 2019, 03:53:09 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Damn... I really wanted a port, but... Does anyone got some popcorn?
I'm gonna enjoy those salty comments.
This is fate.