YesNoOk

Random Topic V10 (Read 1866201 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#3301  April 17, 2019, 05:10:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Does not greenday has like 3 good songs ?

GLB

#3302  April 17, 2019, 09:48:17 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
I don't think so, some may though lol.
#3303  April 17, 2019, 10:25:45 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Basket Case, Hitchin' a Ride, Holiday... from the top of my head.
Not the best band in history, but way better band than those you mentioned.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3304  April 17, 2019, 11:17:46 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Avenged Sevenfold is miles better than Nickleback.

I've always had my top 5 no-no list of rock bands. Being: Nickleback, Coldplay, Simple Plan, Stone Sour & Green Day. Those are my all time least favorites probably. Stone Sour only because I love Slipknot and they're nowhere near the same. Nickleback and Simple Plan consistently play on siriusxm at my job and everyone refuses to switch stations, that's why i can't do them. Green Day just sucks and always has.

I did go to the Aftershock festival last year, saw some AMAZING rock bands live. Seether, Black Veil Brides, Alice In Chains, Gwar, Dance Gavin Dance, Korn, Godsmack, Incubus, System Of A Down & many others. None of which I listen too outside of the concert, except DGD and SOAD and they were very good. SOAD is much better than you'd expect live.

Going to see Slipknot, Gojira, Behemoth, Suicideboys, & Ghostemane later this year. Was going to see Ozzy in Sacramento later as well, but all of his 2019 shows are cancelled due to health issues :(

Behemoth are pretty good live, seen 'em twice

I got to see GWAR like 4 times while Brockie was alive, which kicked ass.

Also I think Slipknot and Stone Sour were meant to be totally different anyway. I ~think~

GLB

#3305  April 17, 2019, 11:25:37 pm
I've seen Gwar a few times also. All within 2015-2019 gap though. Never seen Behemoth.

Well they are but it's miles different to me. I love Corey Taylor but that is not him to me.

And no I'm sorry I personally can't stand Green Day, to each his own though lol.
#3306  April 17, 2019, 11:37:01 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'd be pretty hard-pressed to find anyone that I'd know who didn't enjoy Green Day on some level, my older siblings in particular each loving them for various reasons, but I've found it rather odd that, like, no one at my work liked Metallica.  At ALL.

Also is Coldplay a rock band?  I enjoy them, but I don't know if I'd call Lovers in Japan or Life in Technicolor rock songs.  Though then I don't know what I would call them else instead.
#3307  April 18, 2019, 12:15:03 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I could never get into GWAR.  It just struck me as vacant shock rock; like the music is just a distant afterthought to the spectacle of their live shows.  They don't have anything really worth listening to on its own merit, IMO, it's all just background noise for them to play during their performance.

I think Lordi manages to pull off what GWAR tries to do to a much more successful degree.
#3308  April 18, 2019, 12:31:27 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I'll never get Green Day's Basket Case out of my head thanks to MegaZeux.
#3309  April 18, 2019, 01:53:01 am
  • all is love in fair and war
I dislike all the bands above, I listen to Dido, Lene Marlin, Roxette, and Ace of Base.... and few catchy songs from Sophie B Hawkins, Tiffany, Texas, and Kristin Diable.  :hyo:

GLB

#3310  April 18, 2019, 02:43:35 am
I'd be pretty hard-pressed to find anyone that I'd know who didn't enjoy Green Day on some level, my older siblings in particular each loving them for various reasons, but I've found it rather odd that, like, no one at my work liked Metallica.  At ALL.

Also is Coldplay a rock band?  I enjoy them, but I don't know if I'd call Lovers in Japan or Life in Technicolor rock songs.  Though then I don't know what I would call them else instead.

Alternative if not rock, i guess. They're one of those bands that vary heavily. Honestly though, idk what it is about Green Day really just don't like anything they do.

I don't dislike Metallica but I wouldn't say i like them either, lol.
#3311  April 18, 2019, 04:10:21 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
I've never actually seen that many major bands live. I saw Gojira with Mastodon one year, and Big Business with them the next, and then I think the only other was Caifanes. The next biggest was probably Taake

I used to just roll through underground parking lot and backyard shows. After the ghost ship fire all the possibly not legal venues I went to were red taped lol. I liked this place in Ceres that was literally someone's in an old farm parcel, but their PA was stolen and they stopped putting on shows.
#3312  April 18, 2019, 07:37:00 pm
i don't dislike rap music but i don't really listen to them , only when i'm with my friends who only listen to it.
high school days  i've got certain group of friends who only like one particular genre. mostly in school got the metal heads outside on the streets i've got rap music friends.

i don't have a particular top 10 bands i grew up listening to different type of music and i enjoy them fairly , ska , punk , rock , techno, classics , orchestra , jazz , blues , folk , country. nu . i enjoy different music depends if it's good.  except rap. if you had an angry vietnamese girlfriend talking fast while rhyming isn't that impressive anymore.

right now i'm into mongolian throat singing.
#3313  April 18, 2019, 07:46:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I know what that is slang for.

GLB

#3314  April 18, 2019, 10:34:56 pm
Well played, sir.
#3315  April 19, 2019, 02:13:05 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I like nu-metal unironically.
#3316  May 11, 2019, 02:06:49 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3317  May 11, 2019, 02:21:55 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Yeah I'm just going to steer around that dumpster fire.

I sub'd after two whole videos (Final Fantasy IV and Sailor Moon) before this and then just never cared to watch more. Never paid attention beyond that.
#3318  May 11, 2019, 04:46:42 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Man what's with these youtubers and the jailbait. You think they would remember to never interact with anyone under 18 in any way that could be misconstrued as sexual.
#3319  May 11, 2019, 02:43:32 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Its not really about Youtubers I think, its just that they're on the spotlight so its easier for them to be exposed. Here where I live its kinda common to see grown men orbiting highschool girls.
Lasagna
Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:48:03 pm by -Ash-
#3320  May 11, 2019, 05:13:23 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
We just started with animegate and now we have youtubegate in just 4 months.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.