YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1221786 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#601  April 18, 2019, 02:34:15 am
    • USA
You know... I see far too much of “I’d like to see” especially when you are a creator aka not lazy. You are only going to see it if you make it. Not trying to be negative in the slightest, but no one is making content like that these days to be that hopeful lol. You’ll have to be the first or few to help get things started.

Use it for your stuff, you may inspire others to do the same which inevitably leads to more interest, which leads to more help. You are right, it can be a challenge, but give yourself some credit. At the capacity that, most if not all of you edit your stuff, you are already on your way. At the very least, try it and post your experiences. The days of hoping/wishing are over, help make it happen. You are all talented, I look forward to what you may come up with. Try implementing your ideas first, before assuming they aren’t possible.
#602  April 18, 2019, 09:26:12 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
K, the problem with last screenshot is that there appears to be some spotlight thingamabob coming from 0,0 onto the text.
I tried changing font but no luck.
I assume this is to do with truetype fonts.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#603  April 19, 2019, 05:45:32 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
About Portrait for stages...
We will have to define a standard for these things (Resolution, aspect ratio, size, etc) this is not something that should take lightly.

@Gacel:
Just to make sure I understand, will the stage portraits have to be standardized?, and making them look unique wont be possible?
I could have sworn one of the Old Ikemen builds that @2Dee4ever: made had a stage select after the player select screen, could have been dreaming and wishful thinking on my part lol.
I was making a few mock ups with a stage select in the player select screen and if possible (if implemented) a stage select on its own, after the player select screen

some examples:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#604  April 19, 2019, 07:40:58 pm
    • Greece
I notice that envshake on hitdefs doesnt work as it should, check Cody from lost avenger causes zoom in and out.   
Also his picking knife move doesnt work(type = projectile at CMD).
Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 07:45:29 pm by Bejeeta

dan

#605  April 19, 2019, 11:33:18 pm
Hi there,

I've finished an Ikemen_GO_Plus multiplatform installer.
Until now, binaries for all platforms are made available but I think that's not sufficient.
Instructions to put all moving parts (Mugen dependencies, configuration files) in place carefully, can be daunting for newcomers.
I believe making this process easier can attract more developers, as they would be able to create/pack/distribute
custom games easily for all platforms (Linux/Windows/Mac) regardless of the platform they use to code.

Thus, I've chosen an installation builder and created a configuration sample to build the install wizards for all platforms.
Instructions on how to build and customize the installation wizard were added to README.md

As we cannot pack the Mugen dependencies alongside the Ikemen resources (due licensing), we
overcome this limitation by downloading it during the installation process.

I had to repack the Mugen dependencies zip file. The zip bundle seems to be malformed and extraction was failing when unpacking with the installer bundle, but the content is the same.

Files are available here:  https://github.com/danielporto/Ikemen_GO/releases
@LebKeller, can you try the mac installer and launcher?

@Gacel, I've submitted a pull request.

Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 11:38:16 pm by dan
#606  April 20, 2019, 01:37:01 pm
    • South Africa
Hey Dan, everything is working except the sound, it just keeps bringing up an error "OpenAL: Invalid name"
#607  April 20, 2019, 01:51:53 pm
    • South Africa
Strange, I put a stage with a mp3 theme and the bg music works fine, only the the button sound, fight sounds and other sounds don't work. It seems like mp3 sounds are working fine, just not .snd files.
Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 01:57:28 pm by LebKeller
#608  April 20, 2019, 02:48:11 pm
    • South Africa
Wait a second, I just thought of something, does the .snd file play stereo or mono sounds? Because I am pretty sure that macs can't play stereo openal sounds very well if at all. Another game I had, had openal problems when  the sounds were stereo but not when I converted them to mono.

dan

#609  April 20, 2019, 03:17:55 pm
Hey Dan, everything is working except the sound, it just keeps bringing up an error "OpenAL: Invalid name"

Good to hear that.
I notice there is no sound in my system too.
I will look into that now.
#610  April 20, 2019, 03:40:21 pm
    • South Africa
Thank you for the hard work Dan (and of course everyone who made this what it is now :) )
#611  April 20, 2019, 10:56:43 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Hey guys I'm back.
Sorry for missing I was in a farm without internet (Or electricity)

I already merged the commits!
It's great seeing more people help with the project.

That's curious. I'm gonna try to replicate it.

We need a standard for stage portraits.
What I mean is like the characters portrait standard are 25x25 using pallete 1,1.
But that doesn't mean that some screenpacks (Or characters) could use portrait that don't follow it.

Having a standard could mean that stages could be bundled with a default portrait.

EDIT

Hey guys remember this bug:

neatunsou fixed it.
https://osdn.net/users/neatunsou/pf/ikemen_go/scm/commits/56a748bae83456138131207742483873e739c958
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:13:09 pm by Gacel

dan

#612  April 20, 2019, 11:12:58 pm

Hey guys remember this bug:

neatunsou fixed it.
https://osdn.net/users/neatunsou/pf/ikemen_go/scm/commits/56a748bae83456138131207742483873e739c958

I wish they comment in english hahaha.
#613  April 20, 2019, 11:56:21 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
I wish too jajaja.

Thinking about that we should add translated version of the error logs.
Not remove the Japanese ones but display them in Japanese and English.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#614  April 21, 2019, 01:35:24 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I had a feeling it was fixed, but nice to have confirmation on that.

Was trying to backport it to ssz, but I'm not having much luck.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#615  April 21, 2019, 04:16:36 am

dan

#616  April 21, 2019, 10:07:22 am
I have seem some game packs done with Mugen (capcom, kof, dbz,...)
I wonder if is there any packs done with Ikemen that we can use to test.
I only test things with kfm and it sucks to spend more time searching/configuring resources than actually playing it.

(BTW that's a good idea for tool, one resource repository that works like apt/homebrew/chocolatey or Kodi repositories.)

Can you guys share links to any game bundle you did/know that uses Ikemen/Ikemen_GO/Ikemen_GO_plus?
#617  April 21, 2019, 10:56:38 am
    • South Africa
2Dee4Ever has done some game packs if I remember, I am pretty sure he did a darkstalkers game with this engine. https://youtu.be/2YnaQrvAKFY
#618  April 21, 2019, 10:58:02 am
    • South Africa
There is a download link in there.

dan

#619  April 21, 2019, 11:39:12 am
#620  April 21, 2019, 11:49:29 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I had a feeling it was fixed, but nice to have confirmation on that.

Was trying to backport it to ssz, but I'm not having much luck.

original ikemen plus is still being worked on?

In a sense, yeah. In my case it's that the game I'm helping develop runs on Plus, so because it also suffers from the input bug, I'm really trying to backport the latest changes from input.go to command.ssz.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.