YesNoOk

Maverick Hunter Zero Help: Z Buster function (Read 9249 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, April 03, 2019, 07:56:59 am
Share this topic:
Re: Maverick Hunter Zero Help: Z Buster function
#61  April 22, 2019, 10:47:53 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
I did make this:

Code:
[State 0, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = var(3) >= 3
v = 3
value = 3

This is to prevent the number from going any higher, because in this particular case, 3 is the max. And the variable does go up like it should.

Now how it's going to be used. What we could do is use 1, 2, and 3 to get to state 232, state 233, and state 234 when we release the button. And there is some good news, because we don't have to make any commands for releasing the button in the CMD. We got these:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You could modify them if you want.

Now after the shot is fired, the variable is subtracted by 1. We could use either a varset or a varadd, it makes no difference because they both serve the same purpose for this case, so you can choose the one that's easiest for you, since you're the teacher here.

Now about the other shots being triggered with a tap of a button. We could use a command that requires a variable to be at a specific number and the Y button to simply be tapped. I've actually done that with my Omega Zero, and it does give the effect that the other shots can be fired at a random time. Trust me, it works.

Now since 0 is the variable's start by default, and since we're using time, let's not worry about it. The primary focus here is 1, 2, 3.
#62  April 22, 2019, 07:44:41 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You're saying THIS
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = command != "hold_y"
trigger1 = time >= 150
value = 232
Is in your Statedef -1????

Did you think this ALL THE WAY THROUGH?????
How often will time, ANY time, be over 150 tics AND you wont be pressing Y? How often will that happen????????
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#63  April 23, 2019, 02:16:40 am
    • USA
What are you talking about? I didn't add that to -1. I didn't even do anything to -1 yet. I was waiting on Cyanide's take and instructions. I copied that from the charge state, I just didn't change the numbers.
#64  April 23, 2019, 07:29:28 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Well done. Thats basically all correct. Except your varset. Initialise the var to 0. We're going to want other values available to us for your other attacks.

Next steps are.

In each of the 3 projectile states add a varadd when time is 0 to decrease var 3 by 1.

Then in the cmd place 2 changestates above the charge up one that trigger on Y and very specifically the var for the number of shots. So var(3) = 2 and var(3) = 1. When you have used all 3 shots the variable should be 0. Confirm that and then i think we're done with this bit.

Level 4 is probably the easiest next step.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#65  April 23, 2019, 08:07:29 am
    • USA
I will do that, but first, what about these?

Code:
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = time >= 10
trigger1 = command = "y"
value = 233

[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = time >= 30
value = 0
ctrl = 1

Can I get rid of the top changestate, and switch the trigger of the bottom state to animtime = 0, as if it was a regular changestate?

I completely forgot to ask you about this in the post before Odb's.

-----

I'm not sure how to initialize the var to 0, though. I was thinking about asking you about changing the value from 3 to 4 so that we can keep the other values. After all, we're using time for the most part.
Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:48:29 am by RedDragonCats17
#66  April 23, 2019, 09:12:56 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Leave those alone. We're keeping them. You can use animtime = 0 for the second one. I was basing things on what your state looked like. Otherwise you lose the Y press to get to the next one. Yes we could use the cmd but we're not going to for the chaining. Otherwise you need to make cmd commands that i don't think you should be dealing with because of some of your other... choices.

We're making progress if you've noticed and things actually work how you want them to and you should also be able to see how simple this is when you stop trying to optimise and shoehorn multiple things in even when you don't need to.

Initialise to 0 means set the value to 0. If you manage to enter that state somehow you always want to charge from nothing.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#67  April 23, 2019, 09:33:41 am
    • USA
Like this?

Code:
[State 0, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = var(3) >= 3
v = 3
value = 0

-----

Code:
[State 0, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = time = 0
v = 3
value = -1

Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Full Buster Shot
[State -1, Full Buster Shot]
type = ChangeState
value = 233
triggerall = var(3) = 2
triggerall = command = "y"
triggerall = command != "holddown"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Full Buster Shot
[State -1, Full Buster Shot]
type = ChangeState
value = 234
triggerall = var(3) = 1
triggerall = command = "y"
triggerall = command != "holddown"
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl
#68  April 23, 2019, 09:48:10 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
#69  April 23, 2019, 09:51:11 am
    • USA
Better?

Code:
[State 0, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = var(3) >= 0
v = 3
value = 0
#70  April 23, 2019, 10:05:00 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
No. Initialise is time = 0. Otherwise you're just setting it to 0 when it reaches 3 which is stupid.

You do need to get over this obsession with using variables when you don't need to. Time is a perfectly good trigger. Look to that first.

#71  April 23, 2019, 10:20:57 am
    • USA
Code:
[State 0, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = time = 0
v = 3
value = 0

-----

Now the variable is subtracting and it's working like it should, but there is one problem. State 230 is in the way.

Watch this: https://streamable.com/ew0m6

After I fire the first shot, I press Y and I go straight back to the charge state. How do I fix this?
#72  April 23, 2019, 10:22:36 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
That problem is going to be fixed in your CMD. You'll need to do a triggerall to check Var(3).
You'll send it to the state it needs to go to based on Var 3's value.

----
You don't have 
    [State 0, VarAdd]
    type = VarAdd
    trigger1 = time = 0
    v = 3
    value = -1
in the character's code right?
#73  April 23, 2019, 10:30:35 am
    • USA
I added a triggerall for var(3) equaling to 0, and that did the job:

https://streamable.com/dptff

So, success. So what about Genmu Zero?

My idea is for it to be a "accidental discovery." Some people like to do certain things in certain games for more time than necessary. Take Super Smash Bros for instance. I actually saw a video of someone making Ganondorf build up power for his sword smash for 12 hours, which is ridiculous, so this is for those who like to build up power longer than 150 ticks. I want to use 250 because I don't want it to be too ridiculous, you know what I mean?

After the attack is done, the var shoots straight down to 0, because it is one of Zero's 2 giga attacks, which is the equivalent of a special in a fighting game.
#74  April 23, 2019, 10:58:32 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Easy. Additional varadd in state 230 when the time reaches 250. If the var3 is 4. Go to super state. Or whatever other controls you need. Maybe it kicks you out and pressing Y again has you do it... i dunno but once you set the var to 4 activating the super you have access to it as long as you don't enter 230 to reset it again.

When you hit that state of course you just set the var to 0 again.

#75  April 23, 2019, 11:17:39 am
    • USA
I... should have mentioned this, but I do want it to go to state 0 when you let go of Y, and pressing Y has you execute it. So you were right, but how do I do it?
#76  April 23, 2019, 12:04:15 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Your var is set to 4. So you do it the same way you access the other 2 shots.

You need to edit state 230 as well. You need to modify the 3 shot changestate so it doesn't happen past time 250. And you need another that sends you to 0 when time is greater than 250 and y is released. You would now have 4 changestates in state 230.

I am being a little more vague now. We've done both of these things already so i do rather expect you to assemble this using prior experience.

#77  April 23, 2019, 12:28:48 pm
    • USA
Genmu Zero is now finished: https://streamable.com/iepjy

So, once again, success. Now, regarding the half shot. I did do a change state for the half shot before, but I need your help with the projectile itself.

You see, the projectile is not destroying itself when I want it to. I want it to destroy itself when it reaches a certain distance.

What's the target? In the middle of the red circle in this image.

(I tried to make it look like a target, but I just decided to make it a circle instead)

The destroy trigger is a changestate. I recently made the changestate for the shot using prior experience, then experimented using pos X = the amount of pixels to get to the middle of the circle, and the projectile just keeps going. How do I make the projectile destroy itself like that?

Code:
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = movehit = 1
trigger2 = pos x = 20
value = 2001

---------

I changed the equal sign to greater than or equal to, and I also changed 20 to 68. The projectile is now destroying itself like it should. Fixed.

https://streamable.com/9y2ln

So one last attack for this entire thing: The Hadangeki, which is the sword beam.

Like the full buster shot, you build power up to three levels, but instead of just releasing Y, you hold down and release Y to fire the sword beam. This can lead to several combinations, such as Zero's iconic double charge shot and sword beam combo. What's your take on me achieving this?
Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 03:03:24 am by RedDragonCats17
#78  April 24, 2019, 03:36:07 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Thats simple too. For your changestates just add command = "holddown" and command != "holddown" respectively to changestates for the y presses or releases.

#79  April 24, 2019, 03:57:49 am
    • USA
Groovy.

https://streamable.com/socne

Alright! The Z Buster is finally finished. I was being stupid, trying to make 1 varset work for multiple variable numbers. I should've made multiple changestates and used time to make things a little easier. So thanks, Cyanide.

There are 2 other things I do need help with Maverick Hunter Zero, but after going through this, I'm pretty sure that both of you guys need a break from my dumbass.

So, let's mark this thread as solved. I'm planning on making a idea engineering thread regarding Zero's techniques, and seeing which ones are more useful for me.

-----

Hold on, we're not out of the woods. I thought that I fixed the half shot's projectile, but it's not truly fixed.

Look at this:

https://streamable.com/0zklh

Depending on Zero's position, the projectile will either destroy itself on the target, or it'll destroy itself as soon as it's fired.

Here's the changestate:

Code:
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = movehit = 1
trigger2 = pos x != [-68, 68]
value = 2001

What's your take on the projectile destroying itself?
Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 06:19:56 am by RedDragonCats17
#80  April 24, 2019, 11:08:17 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA