YesNoOk

Goku Updated Today 17-08-2020 (Read 60826 times)

Started by vyn, April 24, 2019, 06:51:49 am
Share this topic:

vyn

Goku Updated Today 17-08-2020
#1  April 24, 2019, 06:51:49 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
He is here!!

Took some time but Im pretty happy with the result.

Making a little website for my projects, Ill have something better soon.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a6bepg66b3bcp/Mugen_Characters

Please feel free to make voice patches and AI patches, I will host them with the character, just keep em high quality and somewhat balanced please.

Moves and such:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Enjoy!!, feedback is welcome.
Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:14:38 am by vyn
Re: Goku
#2  April 24, 2019, 08:24:43 am
  • God Slayer
  • The path of resistance.
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius
#3  April 24, 2019, 08:43:06 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Hmmm, a hitstun decay system might be a good idea to control that kind of comboing to which I am sure ArcSys regularly uses,
#4  April 24, 2019, 09:22:13 am
dude you need to teach me how to make some of these effects!

its so clear and crisp!
#5  April 24, 2019, 02:12:38 pm
Doing the spirit bomb and then his lvl3 before or just as it starts hitting the opponent can knock them out of his lvl3 it looks like as they're still getting hit by the spirit bomb thrown earlier during it.
I think this Goku's pretty neat though.
So is this like a one-time thing the whole doing a DB character?
Edit: It also looks like you can run out of juggle points in the middle of his lvl 3 or something making the last KHH whiff even if you hit with it.
Double edit: Did a little combo with him. https://streamable.com/96gb1
Quadruple edit: He can still do his power charge even when his meter's full.
Quintuple edit: But I think instant transmission should cost a full bar instead of half a bar or it should cost more meter when used in combos or something.
Yet another edit: Goku's still hittable during his lvl3 after it hits the opponent.
Also this. https://streamable.com/8sy6n
Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 05:38:45 pm by Memes never die/Manby
#6  April 25, 2019, 01:00:06 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Thumbs up man. Glad to see you work on a DBZ char!
#7  April 25, 2019, 02:03:25 am
  • I want to see more in Mugen!
    • Brazil
"Awesome" it's not enough to describe it. Congrats!
#8  April 25, 2019, 06:13:05 am
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
amazing, really fun to play and very creative, just as expected an incredible work!
#9  April 25, 2019, 08:05:09 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Good to see you release a character for a while. Here's my feedback on him:

-Normal guard sparks has no transparency.
-Lot of the effects are misaligned:

-The effect on the aura is way too overpowering, which makes it impossible for the character to be seen while performing the super:

I don't see any major issues when it comes to the gameplay. However but I see a lot aesthetics wise, which most of my feedback comes in. Some of the effects feels off or completely misplaced. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with playing the character on 1.0. Since you haven't released Kage yet, I hope you consider taking a look on the aesthetics as well before releasing him.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  April 25, 2019, 11:17:10 am
The character is for 1.1.
#11  April 25, 2019, 11:59:34 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
If that's true, why is the message icon on this topic not "Character-1.1" and the def file still says 1.0? And if it was, M.U.G.E.N would crash telling me it's not compatible. I'm pretty sure vyn wouldn't make a mistake like that.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#12  April 25, 2019, 12:22:57 pm
    • Brazil
None of those problems happened to me on MUGEN 1.0. (Windowed 800x600)
#13  April 25, 2019, 01:52:17 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Wonderfull, congratulations! (felicitaciones!)
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#14  April 25, 2019, 04:38:52 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

I had the same problems as SolidZone, while running Goku on 1.0. He runs perfectly fine on 1.1 though.
Besides of that it's pretty fun character. Maybe a bit too flashy. Great job Vyn.
#15  April 25, 2019, 06:04:29 pm
I had the same problems as SolidZone, while running Goku on 1.0. He runs perfectly fine on 1.1 though.

And there you have it.

What I meant before is that the character was probably coded with 1.1 in mind and not 1.0. Not every character for 1.1 crashes on 1.0.

Just as he made those mistakes (mistakes that don't happen on 1.1) that you reported, Solidzone, he could've made the "mistake" (he might have forgotten) of not writing it's primarily for 1.1.
Plus the first video on the first post is recorded on Mugen 1.1. How do I know that? The Bandicam watermark is reversed and there's zoom out on the Kamehameha on 0:10 and 0:35 (always of the first video).

- The grab uses the default hitspark under Goku's feet.
- The QCF, any button Kamehameha levels don't change the damage at all, I expected him to deal more damage as he charged. I understand that if you charge fully it becomes unblockable, but between normal and SSJ2 there's not much difference.
- If you become SSJ3 and immediately release the button the Kamehameha isn't unblockable. It seems you have to hold the button until the character throws it himself in order for it to be unblockable.
- There's probably a need for a limiter to how many times you can throw a Genkidama during a combo.
Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 06:17:15 pm by AlexSin

vyn

#16  April 25, 2019, 07:33:10 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
https://streamable.com/9e0hf

will implement some sort of limit to the comboability, though not too much, i want him to remain a combo heavy character.

Hmmm, a hitstun decay system might be a good idea to control that kind of comboing to which I am sure ArcSys regularly uses,

indeed
dude you need to teach me how to make some of these effects!

its so clear and crisp!

, seems like the most appropiate solution

heh, its mostly a good base and some blur

You've done a god's work!

tnx bro!

below

Doing the spirit bomb... Ill make meteor smash have priority over spirit bomb.
So is this like a one-time thing the whole doing a DB character?... Id like to make another one yes.
Edit: It also looks like you can run out of juggle points... My bad, ill fix that.
Double edit: Did a little combo with him. https://streamable.com/96gb1... Wanna send that file my way?, its a lovely combo.
Quadruple edit: He can still do his power charge even when his meter's full... i like it that way :(, it ends right away by itself.
Quintuple edit: But I think instant transmission should... This is actually a good idea.
Yet another edit: Goku's still hittable during his lvl3 after it hits the opponent... Oops.
Also this. https://streamable.com/8sy6n... ya, ill limit that a bit.

Thumbs up man. Glad to see you work on a DBZ char!

tnx man

"Awesome" it's not enough to describe it. Congrats!

tnx bro

amazing, really fun to play and very creative, just as expected an incredible work!

tnx bro

Good to see you release a character for a while. Here's my feedback on him...

Tnx bro!. hes 1.1 only, ill note that somewhere to make it clear. You can see the effects properly aligned in videos and such.

yup

If that's true, why is the message icon on this topic not "Character-1.1" and the def file still says 1.0? And if it was, M.U.G.E.N would crash telling me it's not compatible. I'm pretty sure vyn wouldn't make a mistake like that.

tnx for bro.

character def file should say 1.1, my bad. Not all characters freeze older versions of mugen, depends on which ones of the new features authors use.

better to play it on 1.1 mate

Wonderfull, congratulations! (felicitaciones!)

tnx my man

Besides of that it's pretty fun character. Maybe a bit too flashy. Great job Vyn.

tnx bro

And there you have it.

What I meant before is that the character was probably coded with 1.1 in mind and not 1.0. Not every character for 1.1 crashes on 1.0.

Just as he made those mistakes (mistakes that don't happen on 1.1) that you reported, Solidzone, he could've made the "mistake" (he might have forgotten) of not writing it's primarily for 1.1.
Plus the first video on the first post is recorded on Mugen 1.1. How do I know that? The Bandicam watermark is reversed and there's zoom out on the Kamehameha on 0:10 and 0:35 (always of the first video).

- The QCF, any button Kamehameha levels don't change the damage at all, I expected him to deal more damage as he charged. I understand that if you charge fully it becomes unblockable, but between normal and SSJ2 there's not much difference.
- If you become SSJ3 and immediately release the button the Kamehameha isn't unblockable. It seems you have to hold the button until the character throws it himself in order for it to be unblockable.
- There's probably a need for a limiter to how many times you can throw a Genkidama during a combo.

Please play on 1.1, i did not test or code for 1.0 or below.

That histpark should not be there, ill remove it.
Kamehame should indeed have increasing damage, my bad. Unblockable is indeed only when fully charged (auto release).
How many times where you able to land spirit bomb in a single combo??.

thanks everyone for your feedback and support :)

Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:36:14 pm by vyn
#17  April 25, 2019, 07:54:38 pm
  • Why,
But, FF3 isn´t allow put that 1.1 to "Mugen version"...  Or i can´t ? It is that JUST my lucky? :(
but that not big-> Well... good at these def can edit also Notepad :) .
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#18  April 27, 2019, 07:39:42 pm

Please play on 1.1, i did not test or code for 1.0 or below.

That histpark should not be there, ill remove it.
Kamehame should indeed have increasing damage, my bad. Unblockable is indeed only when fully charged (auto release).
How many times where you able to land spirit bomb in a single combo??.

Shown:
- infinite in the corner: 0:00 ->0:10
- infinite possible anywhere on the stage: 0:10 -> 0:16
- Genkidama combo: 0:18 -> 0:32 (I failed but it's probably possible to do it again)
- Super BG effect not showing properly when killing the enemy (look on the lower part of the screen): 0:37
(same thing happens for the SSJ Blue rush)

- If you defeat the enemy with the Genkidama or the Kaioken rush, the Super BG effect won't appear.

Tested on 1.1.
#19  April 27, 2019, 08:29:43 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Just to prevent further confusion, I changed the message icon to 1.1 character.
#20  April 27, 2019, 10:09:51 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Vyn, you did it again! :D

And yep, the Super BG effects are kinda messy, both in 1.0 and 1.1

Expect that, it's in overall another awesome work from you. :)