YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1227215 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#3341  March 22, 2019, 08:26:34 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?

Man, it seems I only come here to post toys but meh...

Spider-Man is nice but I haven't really had time to mess with him. I LOVE Mordredd but I'm going to need an extra slim figma body because I like her face but I want to keep her with her helmet on (well, Kyouko seems like a good alternative so I might need to get another one).

I was also lucky enough to get the Maho/Erika two pack with the bonus Maho face for like $60 (which is like 40% less than the original price) which is good because what you see is what you get (plus extra hands and one extra face each).
#3342  March 22, 2019, 08:04:28 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
March 1st
(Preordered on this date. Received it March 22nd)

So, with the issue of not preordering before things get sold out (MMPR Year Two hardcover), from now on, I will be preordering comics. To start with, I preordered MMPR volume seven, which just so happens to also be the beginning of the Shattered Grid saga:

Here's to hoping this saga is a good one!

And no, I haven't been reading the issues separately, mostly due to the fact I don't have a comic book store where I live and the digital downloads have been having download issues (missing/corrupted pages). If I had a comic book store, you bet your ass I'd be getting the monthly issues along with the compilations.
Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 08:10:53 pm by The Sudden Rarity
#3343  March 23, 2019, 01:13:07 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
That looks rather...dark. So how dark does this book get? Does Rita Repulsa blast her eyes out and sacrifice babies to cast an evil spell to bring Great Satan to the earth?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#3344  March 23, 2019, 03:47:59 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
That looks rather...dark. So how dark does this book get? Does Rita Repulsa blast her eyes out and sacrifice babies to cast an evil spell to bring Great Satan to the earth?

Well, rangers/people/aliens do die. Often implied/offscreen, though a few are shown being killed in full view. Not saying who dies, since that'd be spoiling. Still working on volume four, so I got a ways to go until volume seven.

It's nice to see something I enjoyed as a kid actually not be afraid nowadays to be more mature (albeit PG/PG-13), but not as edgy as the "Power/Rangers" parody/bootleg film on YouTube.

I recommend this comic series to fans as well as non-fans. Pretty well written for something that is based on something extremely childfriendly/cheesy.
#3345  March 23, 2019, 01:54:18 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I see. Well hopefully we get to see Rita summon Satan to earth with that spell. that happened in the original Zyuranger and it was crazy.
#3346  March 23, 2019, 02:05:16 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Just got this in from my Psychonauts 2 backer rewards:

#3347  March 31, 2019, 08:45:53 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
A wicked Alita T-shirt that my sister got me for my birthday!
#3348  April 03, 2019, 06:49:24 pm

BABA YAGA!
#3349  April 03, 2019, 06:58:27 pm
nice! there's alot of articulations on that figure. can you pose it where he is aiming with his gun with both of his hands?
i love john wick, cant wait for 3 to come out.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3350  April 04, 2019, 06:36:40 pm
There's also a Chapter 2 figure coming in June that will come with the dog and of course, the FUCKING PENCIL!

Also, here you go:

That's the best I could get with his joints. He still has better articulation than TDK Joker.
//edit: the blast effect is from the Robocop figure.

Spoiler: Bonus (click to see content)
#3351  April 04, 2019, 09:10:23 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
April 1st
(Purchased on this date. Got it April 4th)

No, not an April Fool's joke to myself. I actually wanted this bad piece of history.

One of Saban's first original series that didn't rely on Japanese stock footage, either. It was technically a sequel to the third TMNT film back in the mid nineties, which was a bad movie by itself. Something nobody really asked for:

(Yes, its real. Yes, it's bad. Yes, it's the complete series. Yes, I'm most likely gonna enjoy it)
#3352  April 04, 2019, 11:47:06 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Oh, I am in the market for top quality shit so i might just get this too
#3353  April 05, 2019, 12:54:42 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I barely remember this show, to be honest XD (though I did watch it). I only remember the Power Rangers: In Space crossover episodes the most and boy, their suits weren't great XD

I mean, as far as I can tell, this is a step down from Big Bad Beetleborgs (which was another one of Saban's other subpar stuff). BUT, I think this might be better than Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills (not Saban, but trying to capitalize on his franchises).
#3354  April 05, 2019, 12:56:03 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I remember the big bruhahaha over the female turtle Venus. I mean she's gotta be more interesting than Arpil as a kunoichi- sorry, kunoEECH right?
#3355  April 05, 2019, 01:07:55 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I think she's just the obligatory "girl" character, instead of a fleshed out girl character. I could be wrong, though, since its been about 20+ years for me since I last saw this series.
#3356  April 06, 2019, 05:15:51 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Plant Gang represent.

#3357  April 21, 2019, 03:26:34 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

Finally arrived! (overseas shipping is always fun) This is now the 3rd SRW game I own, hope they continue making their trend of making English language releases for South East Asia!
#3358  April 22, 2019, 12:35:52 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Finally arrived! (overseas shipping is always fun) This is now the 3rd SRW game I own, hope they continue making their trend of making English language releases for South East Asia!

As long as people keep buying them, I'm sure they will. They finally found the perfect loophole to not have to re-license all those franchises for an overseas edition.
#3359  April 26, 2019, 08:04:36 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I have to admit I'm growing more and more concerned about whether they'll even be able to keep making these games; it's pretty paranoid of me, but these things have always had razor-thin profit margins (owing both to the relatively niche nature of the genre and the exorbitant licensing fees), and the loyal audience that keeps buying the games ain't getting any younger. One of the more sobering facts about SRWT is that producers said that Cowboy Bebop and Rayearth (I think? maybe it was one of the other 90s shows, I know they wanted Rayearth for a long time, so it might have been another show) were chosen to be included in order to "appeal to our younger audiences", which says a lot about how much older their overall audience is, if the younger side of it grew up with 90s stuff!

That aging, shrinking audience appears to have been the impetus behind the recent trend of translating the games into Chinese, Korean, and English, and releasing them in various Asian markets, but I'm kinda worried that it's a desperate move that isn't gonna change the eventual outcome. I'm hopefully just being overly pessimistic, though! I want these games to keep coming out forever!
#3360  April 27, 2019, 02:30:29 am
  • all is love in fair and war
I never like super robot wars, and i live in south east asia and in the age bracket of their target market, since i am even a big fan of both turn base strategy and robot....  playing all front mission since snes multiple times, but srw especially their original design always look too fruity for me personally. I have one friend ex classmate who like srw and super deform gundam thing... so probably 50% of guys who was born between  late 70s to early 90s who like turnbase strategy game, watching super robot anime growing up, not to busy with real live will buy it.