YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019) (Read 248407 times)

Started by GTOAkira, December 07, 2018, 05:29:54 am
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019)
#401  April 26, 2019, 06:47:11 am
    • USA
Microtransactions are for a few things but it isn't as widespread as most people believe, the problem isnt with the microtransactions themselves, the problem is the amount of grinding required and that Towers of Time just isn't that fun. The grinding being alot is one thing, but I will say for sure Towers of Time just wasn't fun at all from what I played.

The thing is, you can't actually buy more koins, hearts, etc. from the store and the majority of the skins arent purchasable, you need to earn them. The problem like I said was that Towers of Time just isn't that fun and that grinding is pretty slow for most people. That "6400$ for all skins" thing by IGN is a straight up lie, even Ed Boon himself says it's ridiculous and not true:

http://archive.is/JSHFo

Like I said: fear mongerers don't really get all the facts right and focus on other stuff to freak out about instead of the *actual* problem.

NRS is thankfully doing their best to make the currency be more lenient in terms of how much they're giving out, they're making bullshit towers easier, and they're also giving away a ton of currency for free for everyone to use.
Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 06:50:59 am by ...
#402  April 26, 2019, 07:04:42 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Microtransactions are for a few things but it isn't as widespread as most people believe, the problem isnt with the microtransactions themselves, the problem is the amount of grinding required and that Towers of Time just isn't that fun. The grinding being alot is one thing, but I will say for sure Towers of Time just wasn't fun at all from what I played.

The thing is, you can't actually buy more koins, hearts, etc. from the store and the majority of the skins arent purchasable, you need to earn them. The problem like I said was that Towers of Time just isn't that fun and that grinding is pretty slow for most people. That "6400$ for all skins" thing by IGN is a straight up lie, even Ed Boon himself says it's ridiculous and not true:

http://archive.is/JSHFo

Like I said: fear mongerers don't really get all the facts right and focus on other stuff to freak out about instead of the *actual* problem.

NRS is thankfully doing their best to make the currency be more lenient in terms of how much they're giving out, they're making bullshit towers easier, and they're also giving away a ton of currency for free for everyone to use.

Yeah I don't get why people are saying that. Sure you can spend money on skins and stuff, but it wouldn't be that much for everything. The big problem is that the grind is just too much knowing the fact that you can't narrow your unlocks down to certain fighters and just praying that you get something good. WB found a way to try to milk cash out of the people because of the grind. I just hope that they can fix being in the good graces of the fans soon cause the grind/political nonsense/towers is too damn insane for it to be like this.
#403  April 26, 2019, 02:30:19 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
It's literally a fucking loot/gatcha system but they took out the pay system but left the f2p grind hell. It actually makes it worse.

Imagine playing FGO but you can only get quartz by grinding the game and you have to do that for days and even weeks because the prices for the loot are mad expensive.
#404  April 26, 2019, 02:43:57 pm
    • Brazil
The best part about this is that, from what I gather, there aren't really many microtransactions, but the thing obviously looks like a setup for them to come later. Many companies did that: release the game without them, get good review scores, once the game is thought to be the best thing ever, the sales will increase, they shove microtransactions in, and profit. This time, it backfired HARD, as people noticed quickly and, as a classic videogame franchise and one of the most known in videogame history, Mortal Kombat has a very big fanbase that would not take that shit lightly. Not to mention that WB Games already tried that with Shadow Of War and they knew it was a stupid idea because, in that game, it also backfired, and, IIRC, they had to rebalance progress in that game for that, I mean, seriously, LOTR fans being pissed wasn't enough of a warning for them? They had to try it with MK as well? They were begging for it.
#405  April 26, 2019, 07:29:47 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Once again, what in the world were they thinking!? I also bet they had to do this mess because WB told them to do it, but at the same time there's probably people in the core Netherrealm team that pushed for this system.
#406  April 26, 2019, 10:22:25 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
I dont care about microtransaction in this game because I dont care about skins and customs, my care is about this game feels like Street figher V everytime I play this game. everybody says this game is a competitive fighting game now but it feels so weird to play sometimes. I dont have that feeling when I play mk9 or mkxl.
#407  April 27, 2019, 02:18:49 am
    • Brazil
I dont care about microtransaction in this game because I dont care about skins and customs, my care is about this game feels like Street figher V everytime I play this game. everybody says this game is a competitive fighting game now but it feels so weird to play sometimes. I dont have that feeling when I play mk9 or mkxl.
First off, try not saying "this game" five times in a relatively small post, its terrible to read. Also, its a different game, its supposed to feel different from MK9 and MKX.
#408  April 27, 2019, 03:27:40 am
  • all is love in fair and war
why not just use time lock, play the game or character long enough to unlock more skin, the longer someone spend their time on playing the game means the game is still relevant to them, and someone is playing against someone else and having fun, not grinding stupidly alone.

wished they use MK9 permanent battle damage texture, looks cooler to me to see either we defeat opponent with minimal damage or seriously damaged. 
#409  April 27, 2019, 03:32:35 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
First off, try not saying "this game" five times in a relatively small post, its terrible to read. Also, its a different game, its supposed to feel different from MK9 and MKX.

Im sorry it was just my point of view about the game, after playing SFV for a long time.
#410  April 27, 2019, 03:33:19 am
    • Brazil

Yay! More shit!
#411  April 27, 2019, 04:20:17 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Jeezus, it sounds like they slaving over there as well. This needs to change cause companies need to see that not everybody should handle the workload of freaking 100+ hours just to meet a deadline! Games take time and fans will understand but these big companies just care about the deadline.
Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 04:27:19 am by R565
#412  April 27, 2019, 04:53:24 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
All of this discussion about the flaws and shortcomings of MK11 kind of turns me off from getting the game for now...

I meant, I have seen the red flags when they radically changed the female character designs to something ugly without too much reason nor justification other than "just because". But the microtransactions part is what killed the deal for me.

Which sucks, because Mortal Kombat is a favorite franchise for me...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#413  April 27, 2019, 06:21:10 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Unless you really do love the way the game plays, then get it otherwise....the things bringing it down will hurt even more.

Edit: okay so people found out about those special chests with the character's head by them, depending on the character (Noob for example) you have you perform fatalities 50 time to Noob to unlock that chest but you get good items from it.
Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 06:34:42 am by R565
#414  April 27, 2019, 07:07:10 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ugly?  I mean, they don't have air bags stapled to them anymore, but the overall designs on the majority of all characters male or female are fine, some minorly improved, some minorly lessened, the most annoying aspect is the complete redesigning of characters until they no longer relate to their original design.  The likes of Jade or Kitana now compared to MK9 makes sense at this point in the story (Well, almost, would have been perfect if there was a transition period between being owned by Shao Khan and personal liberation but that would require additional models thus more work for minimal output) but what the hell happened to Frost?  That's just not Frost, it's a new OC character borrowing the name.  A finely designed OC, but not the same character.
#415  April 27, 2019, 02:12:24 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
My problem with the designs is the hypocritical double standards. Their reason for completely covering up the women and removing all of their sexuality is because it's to be "mature" and "realistic' (they're exact words). At the same time majority of the males have either their pecs on display for no reason or are outright shirtless.
#416  April 28, 2019, 12:00:32 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
My problem with the designs is the hypocritical double standards. Their reason for completely covering up the women and removing all of their sexuality is because it's to be "mature" and "realistic' (they're exact words). At the same time majority of the males have either their pecs on display for no reason or are outright shirtless.

That is another major part of why I am very annoyed about the costume changes. The female costume change itself is bad enough (unnecessary and it doesn't look good). But the justification why they do the changes while leaving the male costumes relatively unchanged just makes them very hypocritical and makes me even more annoyed.

Either make them all like strippers or make them all "wholesome". But don't just change a few and try to justify the change in a way that makes you look like hypocrites, and in an especially obvious way like changing the costumes for all of one sex but not the other.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#417  April 28, 2019, 12:04:54 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Yea, that's more of a society thing than NRS having double standards. Shirtless men are more a symbol of power than the sex symbol portrayed by bikini women in this society of ours.
#418  April 28, 2019, 12:19:11 am
    • Brazil
Ugly?  I mean, they don't have air bags stapled to them anymore, but the overall designs on the majority of all characters male or female are fine, some minorly improved, some minorly lessened, the most annoying aspect is the complete redesigning of characters until they no longer relate to their original design.  The likes of Jade or Kitana now compared to MK9 makes sense at this point in the story (Well, almost, would have been perfect if there was a transition period between being owned by Shao Khan and personal liberation but that would require additional models thus more work for minimal output) but what the hell happened to Frost?  That's just not Frost, it's a new OC character borrowing the name.  A finely designed OC, but not the same character.

I think the only problem with Frost is that it seems her story was completely ignored. It makes sense for her to become a Cyber Lin Kuei: she starts to hate her master, thinking he is weak and ends up joining the Cyber Lin Kuei, who also consider Sub-Zero weak. The thing is: how did she go from getting frrozen by Sub-Zero in MKX to where she is in MK11? I get that Kronika probably manipulated time, but it feels like they used that as an excuse to not tell us anything about what happened to her.

Yeah, I didn't like the MK9 designs, because they actually DID look like strippers (hell, Jade and Sheeva even had sexy winposes, Jade was POLE DANCING in her winpose in that game), some people were defending them saying that "women should be taken seriously regardless of what they wear", well, regardless of your gender, if a character is wearing a costume that reminds me of people who dance in a stage leaving very little to the imagination and their clothes get damaged in the process as well, they're not giving me a "serious" vibe, they're giving me a fucking hardon. With that said, though, NRS' statement was very stupid. Covering up women doesn't necessarily make them more mature than having them using a sexy costume, its not like sexy costumes are for "less mature" audiences.

I said before: MKX balanced sex-appeal and seriousness perfectly, many male and female characters in that game looked sexy, but they didn't seem like they were about to strip (Erron Black's alternate costume almost reached that, though), they don't have to be using a burqa, but a bikini that opens when you get hit IS exaggerated. If everyone in the game, or at least the majority, ended up losing their clothes during their match, I wouldn't be opposed to it (by all means, I'd love to see those guys end up naked), since at least it would be a common trait that would feel like part of the game's art style, despite the serious story, but if its only on few exceptions, its bad.

Yea, that's more of a society thing than NRS having double standards. Shirtless men are more a symbol of power than the sex symbol portrayed by bikini women in this society of ours.
Its kinda starting to change, though. I don't want to sound like a triumphant SJW here, but women are allowed to show their sex prefferences more, and so are gay men, which leads shirtless men to be looked by a lot more people openly like a sex symbol just as well or even more than as a power symbol. For example: many people think that Ryu's "Hot Ryu" costume in SF5 was being laughed at, but I assure you, the "Hot Ryu" nickname to that costume was more likely because people actually found him hot, not because it was taken as a joke, they liked the sex appeal and I'm pretty sure that was what led to Urien being able to use only his underwear in multiple costumes, as well as Ryu being able to use only a fundoshi in his Jin Saotome costume.

Now, leaving the clothing aside, no pun intended, I looked at the Kombat Pack and it says there will be 6 characters in it. The thing is: dataminers found 9 characters, which likely mean the datamined list is only a portion of the planned DLC. Hopefully Rain will be included in it, I'm still baffled he is missing.

Spoiler: For those who forgot, these are the datamined DLC characters (click to see content)
Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:24:40 am by Macaulyn97
#419  April 28, 2019, 12:38:56 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
I prefer unlocking stuff rather then paying for it id probly lose interest if it where simpler to unlock stuff
I need more PSN friends
#420  April 28, 2019, 05:19:21 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
They're making it eSports friendly. Remember when someone was playing R.Mika(or Cammy, I can't remember) and the event manager made them change the character's main costume to another with no butt showing? It's smater on their end, even if their excuse is super dumb.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.