YesNoOk

A new fullgame in the works - Street Fighter Ultimate! (Read 6912 times)

Started by GeorgeMP, March 19, 2019, 06:33:37 pm
Share this topic:
Re: A new fullgame in the works - Street Fighter Ultimate!
#21  April 27, 2019, 05:22:18 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Well, will you consider changing the FX for each char?
You may need to change the ports for the EX/Akira chars aswell.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#22  April 27, 2019, 05:22:45 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
#23  April 27, 2019, 06:00:04 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Seriously, my work deserves better! That's why I appreciate every little bit of feedback I can get from you guys!
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#24  April 27, 2019, 07:46:52 pm
    • USA
You are still learning, it shows. Focus on one character for now, to use as a base for the rest of your stuff. You haven’t really done anything yet, from what I can see. You don’t seem to be answering the questions you are being asked. Everyone’s work deserves more attention, just keep at it.
#25  April 27, 2019, 07:49:02 pm
    • Canada
Seriously, my work deserves better! That's why I appreciate every little bit of feedback I can get from you guys!

So here's the thing.... at this point in time this looks less like a full game project, and more like another street fighter compilation.

You still have a lot of work ahead of you if you intend on making this a convincing full game.

There are a few things you have yet to do that are almost mandatory to categorize something as a full game instead of a compilation, such as using the same hit sparks and effects for the entire roster. Changing out all the character portraits to a similar art style and framing. Unifying the scale and palettes of the character sprites. And the most important and time consuming one, editing all the characters to make them feel like they all came from the same game.

This does sound like a cool idea, but you are jumping the gun on looking for feedback when this is still in its alpha stage.

I'm not trying to discourage you thought. It's just that most people arn't going to pay attention until you've got something more substantial to show off.

#26  April 27, 2019, 08:19:34 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I think you can do well with it, but as others point out, focus on one character at the time and configure a balance for the style that you want to create. Perfect that template and make it into your own vision, and of course to stand out from the crowd. If you do that, and of course answer others questions, and want to improve and do your best while also having fun, I think a lot more people will come to this topic and check it out.

Never give up on your dreams.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#27  April 27, 2019, 09:16:07 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
You are still learning, it shows. Focus on one character for now, to use as a base for the rest of your stuff. You haven’t really done anything yet, from what I can see. You don’t seem to be answering the questions you are being asked. Everyone’s work deserves more attention, just keep at it.

So here's the thing.... at this point in time this looks less like a full game project, and more like another street fighter compilation.

You still have a lot of work ahead of you if you intend on making this a convincing full game.

There are a few things you have yet to do that are almost mandatory to categorize something as a full game instead of a compilation, such as using the same hit sparks and effects for the entire roster. Changing out all the character portraits to a similar art style and framing. Unifying the scale and palettes of the character sprites. And the most important and time consuming one, editing all the characters to make them feel like they all came from the same game.

This does sound like a cool idea, but you are jumping the gun on looking for feedback when this is still in its alpha stage.

I'm not trying to discourage you thought. It's just that most people arn't going to pay attention until you've got something more substantial to show off.
I think you can do well with it, but as others point out, focus on one character at the time and configure a balance for the style that you want to create. Perfect that template and make it into your own vision, and of course to stand out from the crowd. If you do that, and of course answer others questions, and want to improve and do your best while also having fun, I think a lot more people will come to this topic and check it out.

Never give up on your dreams.
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm actually already in the process of changing all the portraits. I'm also sprite editing Ryu to give him his red headband. It should be really quick, so expect to see that soon. I'm also considering adding EX specials for every character that doesn't currently have them. But look at this earlier post of mine:
It's because so many other characters in my game use SFA-styled sprites, and I didn't feel like redrawing Sean and the other SF3 characters' sprites to fit that style.
But that's just because I'm a lazy ass. But it's a lot of work having to edit the SFA3 hitsparks into over 70 characters, so expect to wait a good while before seeing that.
And as for The Street Fighter and 2Dee4ever's advice, I'll take that into consideration for the future.
But in the meantime, please be sure to check back here every so often for new updates. Public beta testing for the game will (ACTUALLY) be available on Parsec soon.
Anyways, that's all for this post. (It was already WAY too long anyway.)

Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#28  April 27, 2019, 10:19:16 pm
    • USA
Lazy and full game don’t exactly go together. I can tell you from experience, I’m doing the same thing you are doing plus SNK characters. I can give you some pointers. Don’t get too caught up in trying to attract other people right now, the work will speak for itself.

Really research everything you are trying to do, don’t be afraid to ask questions, don’t overwhelm yourself trying to do everything at once.

The headband thing for example, you’ll waste so many years doing things one way when there are more efficient methods of doing things. Color separation, YouTube it. You don’t have to edit 70+ characters, look into how to utilize the common1. I wasted 4 years self teaching myself everything, only later finding documentation.(I’m a hands on

One key thing that always screws people over? Expectations. Rushing to do this and that. Take forever to polish if necessary. It really depends on you and your personal preferences etc as quality can be subjective. I’m always interested to see people actually follow through with their projects. You are going to need god like patience lol.